033

Can We Be Friends?

 

“This smells like trouble.” Sehun commented as they got inside the private lounge, Haera ignored him.

“Why a hiatus? Right after that scandal blowing up?”

“Oppa, I need a break from everything. Don’t you always say that~”

“Well, I’m not the one running away from my spouse.” Sehun said dryly, Haera sighed and sat down beside him.

“I broke things off with Jimin.”

“I can already hear Kai cheering from far away.” Sehun nodded along, Haera shrugged.

“Look, I know it’s painful. He was special to you, but I saw you struggle. You were having a hard time because of him, he was getting toxic for you. And I don’t like that.”

“Is this the part where I should be touched?” Haera replied, Sehun sent her a look.

“What I meant was, if Taeyong makes you a better person, why run away from him?”

Haera looked away, she picked up her coffee and crossed her legs. Sehun smiled to himself.

“When you got married, well, when he came into your life again, I never once saw you have a hard time, you know? He took care of all those gossip and issues. Even added extra security and has a legal team to protect you. And, despite being one of the richest people in our country,”

“He always took care of you personally, so why?”

Haera faced him, Sehun grinned and mussed her hair.

“Why run away from all that?”

 

 

Taeyong stepped out of the conference room, his secretary followed him as soon as he got in the elevator.

“Haera?” He spoke as he loosened his tie.

“Samonim’s plane left about twenty minutes ago, sir.”

“Is the house ready? I want her to rest well.” Taeyong said again.

“Yes, I already informed her managers, also, one of samonim’s friends has been waiting for you in the office.”

Taeyong paused, he looked at the male.

“It’s Mr. Kim, sir. Kim Jongin-ssi.”

“Kai?” Taeyong blurted as the doors opened, he stepped out of the machine and noticed a lot of female staff peeking by his office doors.

“It is him.” Taeyong nodded to himself and walked towards the door, the employees scattered away.

“I didn’t know you were busy today.” Kai greeted as Taeyong walked in the room, he stood up to shake his hand.

“I had a lot of things to check on, what brings you here, hyung?” He replied as they sat down, Kai hesitated for a brief moment, then he exhaled.

“What went wrong Taeyong? I was rooting for you.”

Taeyong was taken aback, Kai sighed and looked at him.

“Haera left for Jeju today, and she told me that she’s taking a hiatus. Alone.”

“Well, I couldn’t really stop her, she said she was tired from~”

“No, you don’t get it. Haera…Haera doesn’t simply take hiatuses because she’s tired.”

Taeyong paused, his forehead creased.

“I know you have feelings for her, so why are you not asking her to come back?”

“Hyung, she has Jimin. And as much as I want her, I don’t want to destroy her happiness~”

“Why are we talking about her ex?”

“What?” Taeyong paused, Kai rolled his eyes.

“How could you not know? I thought you two lived under the same roof?”

“What are you talking about, hyung?”

“Haera and Jimin broke up.”

 

 

Haera leaned back on her chair as Sehun started to film his scenes, she took out her iPad and started browsing the Internet.

“Haera-yah,”

She looked up and found Honghyun standing before her.

“Oh, oppa, what’s up?” She asked just as her makeup artist started to retouch her nose.

“We were supposed to check you in a hotel, but your husband offered a house.”

“A house?” She repeated, the makeup artist looked up.

“Yes, a van has also been assigned to come pick you up and drive you around anytime. He also said that we could join you, even Sehun as well.”

Haera paused, her eyebrows furrowed together.

“I’d love to see how a chaebol’s villa would look like.” Her Sion unnie chimed in. Haera exhaled, she took out her phone and started to dial Taeyong’s number, she grew confused when she couldn’t reach him.

“Well, let’s take it.” Sion nudged her.

“I—I have to talk to him first.” Haera muttered as she left her chair and walked away from the three.

“What now, Yoo Haera?” Honghyun sighed.

“You’re married to a literal prince charming, you idiot!” Sion called after her.

 

 

“I can’t reach him.” Haera muttered as the van pulled to a stop in front of the house, Sehun had refused to go with her and chose to stay at the hotel, while her two managers were with her.

“He must be busy, Haera-yah.” Honghyun said before going down the vehicle, Haera shrugged and followed him.

“Samonim,” A maid greeted her.

“Hi,” Haera nodded with a smile.

“The president just stepped out to buy some snacks, I’m here to show our guests around.”

“Okay, good, good. I haven’t been here in years.” Haera nodded as she walked towards the house, Honghyun and Sion paused.

Haera continued walking across the lawn and she paused.

“What? Who went out to buy some snacks?” She called out, the maid walked towards her.

“The president, he flew in a couple of hours ago.”

Haera blinked at her, she bit her lip.

“Taeyong’s here?”

“Yes, samonim.”

Haera stared at her phone in her hand, she was about to react when a white Lamborghini Huracan rolled into the curb.

“Oh, he’s here.” The maid noted.

Taeyong slid down from the vehicle carrying two bags of food, the maid rushed to him and took the items.

“Oh, hyung, noona, hi.” Taeyong greeted the two staff warmly and ushered them to the house.

“T—Taeyong-ah,” Haera blurted, he faced her and smiled.

“I—I thought you were going to be busy.” She said to him.

“Well, I can always make time. Hungry?” Taeyong said as he pulled her to the house.

“Taeyong, what are you~”

“I just want to see to it that you’ve settled in. And,” Taeyong took hold of her hand.

“We haven’t been in Jeju in a while, how about we go out tonight?”

Haera could only stare at him as they walked together.

“Well, I guess~”

 

“Sounds great then, we can leave at seven.” Taeyong chuckled before kissing the side of her head.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++