001

Can We Be Friends?

a/n: Foreword has been updated. Thanks.

 

 

“President,” The young lady bowed as the elevator doors opened, the young male inside nodded back as he stepped out of the machine.

“You have a lunch appointment today with your father and Woori Bank’s vice president.”

He didn’t say a word and just kept walking to the direction of his office, his secretary was already used to his silent demeanor and just continued.

“At ten, the meeting with our finance and auditing team will take place at annex B, sir.”

They reached the doors, her boss took off his coat and nodded.

“And,” She said carefully as he set the white envelope on his desk, she noticed how his brows furrowed.

“It’s tomorrow, sir. Are you sure you don’t want to move the meeting with our creative team? We can reschedule it next week.” She said hesitantly.

“No. Leave it. You may go.” He said as he sat down, the girl bowed before leaving the office.

She exhaled and shook her head.

“It’s his wedding tomorrow, why is he like this?” She mumbled before heading back to her desk.

 

 

“Not really,” The girl spoke as her makeup artist checked her reflection.

“I don’t really have anything much to do today except for the shoot,” She smiled as she pressed her phone against her ear.

“Here,” She mouthed to the older girl, she chuckled before brushing off the loose powder over her cheek.

“I’ll wait outside. Be ready in five.” She heard her manager call out, the actress smiled before standing up and putting on her heels.

“You don’t need to come over. You should rest.”

“I’m not really tired. I can come by to pick you up.” He replied, the girl chuckled.

“You just got home, besides I might take longer than usual today. Just go straight to the dorms, I’ll call you later,” She said before checking her reflection again.

“Are you sure? I’ll see you tomorrow, right?” He asked adamantly.

She laughed.

“I’ll be at your dorm first thing in the morning.”

“Good, I’ll be waiting then.” He mused back before ending the call.

 

 

“I thought you were heading out?” The male looked up from the couch as his friend stepped out of his room.

“No, she said she might be finished late, hyung. Should we order food for dinner?” He spoke as he plopped down beside him.

“I’m up for anything.” He replied, the other male looked at the screen and he started to smile.

“She’s getting tons of CF offers lately, huh?” He mused as a familiar face appeared on the screen.

“She just finished filming for movie too.”

“Ya,”

He looked at the older male.

“Do you really have no plans telling the public?”

He exhaled and leaned back on the couch.

“Right now…, it might be difficult, hyung. It might hold us back too.”

The older male paused, his forehead creased briefly.

“I don’t think the guys will mind, but..it might affect you two. What if it gets out? It will be a mess.”

“It wont.”

“I’m just worried about you two. You be careful, you know how messy things can get for us, right?”

The younger male nodded and looked at the TV screen again.

“I can take care of her, hyung. Don’t worry.”

 

 

“A little to the left!” The photographer called out, the girl, dressed in a mauve pink dress moved slightly and she smiled for the cameras.

An upbeat dance song was playing in the background as she switched poses and the photographer went on.

“Two more shots,”

She almost sighed in relief, it went on for a few minutes until the PD called for a break. The young actress exhaled and stepped down from her heels.

“Your skin looks better, is that even possible?” Her coordi mused as she fixed the girl’s hair.

“I’ve been oversleeping a lot.” She chuckled, then the room turned silent.

“Ah, right, you have..guests.” Her coordi murmured, she turned and paused.

“Eomma,” She was confused to see her mother at work, she walked towards her and halted as she noticed the familiar man beside her parent.

“Samchon (uncle),” She broke into a familiar smile, now she understood why the room had gone silent.

This uncle was a very powerful man.

“Haera,” He greeted, Haera faced her mother.

“What brings you here? You should have called first~ Oh!” Haera balked as she looked at the man’s black tuxedo, she was reminded of something.

“I already did call to RSVP, I said I couldn’t come.” She said apologetically.

“Then, samchon, why are you here? Shouldn’t you be at the wedding?” Haera was confused again.

“Right, I almost forgot to text him best wishes.” Haera murmured to herself, she scratched the back of her neck as she looked at the adults again.

“Daughter,”

Haera looked at her mother.

“Eomma, you two are starting to worry me, did something happen?” She asked softly.

 

 

“We need your help.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++