024

Can We Be Friends?

Taeyong put the car on park and glanced at the building briefly.

“I had fun tonight.” Yoomi smiled at him.

“I’m sorry we had to hide. I’m just being careful.” Taeyong replied, but she shook her head.

“I understand why this is happening, it’s my fault too. I…should have never left.”

Taeyong’s brows met briefly, Yoomi gave him a small smile before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“See you tomorrow then, I hope.” She said before getting down from the Jaguar, Taeyong watched as she got inside the building, she gave him a small wave before walking to the lobby.

Taeyong took out his phone, his brows rose briefly. He dialed his security’s number before driving away from the building.

“Yes, president?”

“Is Haera still out?”

“No, samonim finished her practice almost an hour ago. We are already at home, sir.”

Taeyong nodded.

“Everything went smoothly?” He asked.

“Yes, there were some fans who took photos of her, but she’s safe, president.”

Taeyong ended the call and just stepped on the gas, he glanced at the empty seat beside him and he smiled to himself.

“This might just work, Yoo Haera.” He said with content.

 

 

“I know it’s a throwback thing, and it’s a couple dance, but this choreography will cause…a lot of talk.” Haera stated as she plopped down on the floor, Sehun grinned at her and took off his baseball cap.

Kai was lounging on the couch by the glass door.

“We have a week to complete this, you’ll have time, right?”

“I do,” Haera stood up and walked towards Kai, she plopped down beside him.

“So, the almost wife really is back?” Kai asked her.

“They’re out on a date tonight.”

“I hear some doubts in your tone.” Kai chuckled.

“Ani, it just got me thinking,” Haera leaned back on the couch, Sehun handed her a bottle of water.

“She got back right after we got married, there was so much coverage during that time. I mean, if she really wanted him, why run away in the first place?”

“What are you insinuating, actress Yoo?” Sehun sat down on the floor and leaned against the couch’s leg.

“It just..the timing’s really uncanny. Or maybe because she regrets running away? Because I sure as hell hope that she realized the before she ran.” She muttered. Kai grew amused.

“Are you worried?” Kai asked her.

“I’m worried she might hurt Taeyong again. I mean, she already did when she left.”

Kai smiled and picked up another slice of apple, he chewed before speaking again.

“And you’re not worried that Jimin left the country?”

Haera shrugged.

“Wow, that big?” Sehun blinked at her.

“I might follow what he said, fall for the glamour of being a Samsung wife.”

“He said that? That little~”

“Oppa,” Haera sent Kai a look, the latter rolled his eyes.

“Anyway, I’ll be here the same time tomorrow, Oh Sehun-ssi.” She grinned as she stood up. Sehun gave her a lazy wave.

Kai grinned and stood up.

“I’ll walk you to your car.” He said as he picked up her bag.

The two made made their way towards the elevator, Kai glanced at his friend.

“How bad?” He asked as they got inside the machine, Haera puffed her cheeks.

“Oppa, it’s getting really tiring.” She said quietly, the doors opened again, they stepped out.

“What? Is Taeyong demanding too much from you?” Kai asked as they exited the building, he noticed how two males in dark suits approached them.

“No.”

“Samonim, we’ll prepare the car.” One of the guards spoke, Haera gave him a nod.

“Then, what? Was Sehun right? Did you and Jimin fight?”

Haera exhaled before facing her friend.

“I’m sick of having to always explain the same things to him over and over again. He’s so hostile towards Taeyong, and I always have come up with an excuse for him.” She murmured.

“Why can’t he understand? This is difficult for me too. Being Taeyong’s wife has given me so much criticism. People think I married him for money.”

Kai exhaled before wrapping his arms around the girl.

“Look, if it gets too much for you, just let go. I’ll always be here to back you up, just like old times.”

 

 

Haera lay flat on the bed, her phone had been vibrating for almost ten minutes now and she didn’t feel like checking it.

“It’s probably Sion unnie wanting to video chat again.” She groaned, she didn’t want her manager to see her swollen face, she had just finished two bowls of ramen.

She heard the doors open, she blinked as she lifted her head up.

“Oh you’re still up.” Taeyong said as he strolled in, she scrunched her nose at him in reply. He took off his coat and loosened his tie.

“How was it? You guys finally got to talk?” She asked him, she could see how Taeyong was in a good mood, she smiled.

“Yeah, we did. We had pasta too.” He said as he plopped down beside her, then Taeyong noticed her phone.

“Sounds nice, I had plain old salad.” She rolled her eyes, Taeyong laughed then his brows met briefly, he picked up her phone.

“Don’t~”

He lay flat beside her before swiping on the green icon without even reading the caller ID.

“Ya, Lee Taeyong~” Haera stilled when Jimin’s face appeared on the screen, Taeyong still had his eyes on her, grinning. Not fully knowing what he had just caused.

“I—I’ve been calling you.”

The voice made him turn, Taeyong paused. Haera was staring back at the screen, her brows knitted together.

“I guess you’re busy.” Jimin stated his tone flat, then the screen went black. Haera sighed before sitting up, Taeyong bit his lip before following her.

“Haera, I thought it was just one of your managers or your close friends~”

“No, no, it’s okay. I didn’t feel like talking to him anyway.” She said as she slid down from the bed, Taeyong watched as she picked up her coat.

“Where are you going?” He asked her.

“Just take a shower, president Lee. You look drained out.” She chuckled before taking her Chanel purse.

“Haera, I didn’t mean to take that call.” Taeyong rushed to her his fingers encircling around her wrist, Haera paused.

“Yeah, seeing us on a bed together will make him question things again. But, nothing new there.” She stated, Taeyong’s forehead creased.

“I’ll be stepping out for a bit, no guards, please?” She spoke, Taeyong bit her lip before nodding.

“I’ll see you then.” She patted his cheek before stepping out of the room, Taeyong sighed and glanced at her phone which she had left on the bed.

He walked towards it and picked it up, Taeyong looked at the screen again. His brows furrowed for a brief moment before he tucked the device in one of the drawers.

 

 

Haera had her hair up as she stepped out of the elevator, she was at SNU Hospital’s VVIP floor. She made her way around the familiar walls, she could feel how nurses and other patients glanced at her as she passed by. She pressed her mask to her face again.

Then she stopped in front of a black door, she read the name on the plaque twice before pushing it open.

“You have to check his vitals every two hours, and a dosage of~” The male paused when he noticed the girl standing by the doors.

The nurses before him followed his gaze, they blinked at the stranger.

“Do you have an appointment, miss?” One walked to her, the male started to smile. Haera took off her face mask, the nurses gasped.

“Haera-ssi!” They greeted her.

“I’m here to see doctor Ji, can I borrow him for a bit?” She asked, they turned to the doctor and he dismissed them.

“Usually, it’s the other way around. You’re supposed to see your sister who just got married because you couldn’t make it to her wedding. It’s not the sister who has to come here and~”

“Aigoo, she’s nagging again. I really am home.” He chuckled before standing up to give her a hug, Haera smiled and hugging him back.

“Ji Changwook-ssi, how could you do this to me? You only have one sister, ~”

“I know, I know, I’m sorry.” He rolled his eyes, Haera pulled away from him.

“Do you even know what time it is? Haera, it’s almost midnight. Does Taeyong even know you’re here?”

“Oppa, I have a boyfriend and a husband.” She spoke.

Changwook paused, he knew about his sister and Jimin, his eyes went to her.

“Oppa, Jimin..he knows everything. I told him everything.”

“And I guess things aren’t going well?” Changwook asked softly.

“No, things haven’t been going well lately. We had a big fight before he left. And, he doesn’t trust me, nothing special there.”

Changwook frowned and patted her hair down.

“I’m starting to think that my life is a mess.” She pointed out.

“Your life is a mess? Haera, baby, you’re a famous actress with award-worthy projects under your belt and now you are married to an accomplished young man, who happens to be a good fried of yours.”

“Exactly. I was forced to marry him to save face, oppa. And try as I might, I can’t even hate Taeyong for it. Because he’s always so nice and its frustrating.”

“Is that’s why you’re bothered? Because he’s nice to you?” He asked her softly.

“I don’t know. Jimin’s the only who’s bothering me now. I can’t deal with boys tonight.” She shuddered, her brother laughed.

“I wish he’d understand, oppa. Even just a little bit.”

“Do you think he feels threatened by Taeyong?”

Haera paused, she bit her lip before giving him a shrug.

“I don’t want to talk about it, I’m here to see you. How about you buy drinks tonight, oppa?” She demanded, the older male snorted at her.

“Just how much in big of a trouble are you?” He mused at her, Haera bit her lip before speaking.

 

“I just want my old life back, oppa.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++