015

Can We Be Friends?

 

“See? It’s not that bad.” Haera whispered again, Taeyong eyed her warily. They were both posing for the camera with his arms around her waist.

“Haera, could you lean in more? And, president Lee, place your chin over her head.”

“Whoa, I’m just Haera and you’re president Lee.” She mused, Taeyong actually smiled, and the female staff sighed dreamily.

Haera smiled and just placed her right hand over his arm and faced the camera again, they were asked to shift their positions throughout the shoot. Taeyong tensed slightly as the photographer asked him to lightly press his lips against her cheek, but Haera just gave him a reassuring wink, signaling him that it was fine.

"Haera, can you lean you head against his chest?"

Haera followed suit, Taeyong was asked to put his palm on the low of her back. The shoot went on, at one point they were made to face each other, and that ensued laughter from the young actress while Taeyong looked on, a little confused.

Taeyong placed one palm on the side of her neck, following the photographer's instructions. And he leaned forward, his nose touching the skin on her forehead.

"Can I?" He asked quietly, Haera nodded back. Taeyong pressed his lips on her forehead for a brief moment and that made the director happy.

“Why is your hair longer?” Taeyong asked as the director called for a break, he ran his fingers through her dark locks.

“They had extensions clipped in.” She explained, Taeyong nodded slowly. Then they both looked up as the door opened.

Haera’s eyes widened as she saw the girl who had stepped in, she felt Taeyong tense up beside her.

“Manager Han! You came personally!” Haera’s stylist greeted warmly.

 

 

Haera sat down and let the makeup artist fix her up, she checked the mirror again, Yoomi was speaking to some of the staff as clothes for the shoot were being taken out from boxes.

“Would you like something to drink, samonim?” Taeyong’s guard approached her.

“Water will be good, thanks.” She nodded back, Taeyong took his seat beside hers, he was already dressed in another suit.

“Taeyong, I’m sorry, I didn’t know she was~”

“No, it’s fine.” Taeyong replied, she could see how uncomfortable he was, then a camera flash made them pause.

“Candid photos would be really nice to have too.” The staff with the camera grinned at them, Haera frowned and bit her lip. Taeyong looked at her.

“It’s fine.” Taeyong said again. Haera puffed her cheeks, then she stood up.

“Then, let’s go all the way, since people are watching.” She said before placing herself on his lap, Taeyong blinked.

“You put up with my crazy life, I feel like I never repay you back.” She said softly, Taeyong exhaled before placing one arm on her back.

“Kai’s taking photos of us.” He said to her just as the staff member snapped another photo of them, Haera chuckled before pressing her forehead against his.

“Here’s to your first photo shoot ever, president.”

“And the last.” Taeyong nodded back, unfazed by her closeness. His secretary stood wide-eyed from across the room while the guards just looked away.

“How do I look? Pretty?” Haera asked as she pulled back.

“Pretty. Now go back to your seat.” Taeyong chuckled, Haera rolled her eyes before standing up again, she paused and glanced behind them.

Yoomi was still there, her eyes on their direction. Haera chewed on the insides of her cheeks before going back to her seat.

 

 

Jimin looked at his laptop’s screen and he let out a breath. SM Entertainment was uploading behind the scene photos from Taeyong and Haera’s photo shoot.

“It’s all fake. It’s staged.” Taehyung said as he sat down beside him.

“It’s hard to understand this. You know that.”

Taehyung looked at the photos, his brows rose. There were photos of Haera and Taeyong between shoots, chatting happily as their clothes were being fixed. But one set of photos made him pause.

And he realized why his friend was getting worked up.

Haera was seated on Taeyong’s lap, their foreheads touching, the smile on her face was unmistakably genuine.

“Look,”

“He should really get his hands off her.” Jimin spoke, Taehyung looked at the screen again. Taeyong was standing up, with his phone in hand, his other hand was on Haera’s cheek.

“That’s just work. They have to pretend.” Taehyung spoke again.

“How do we know that it’s not work, anymore? Where does that line end?” Jimin replied.

“Don’t you trust her?” Taehyung asked.

“It’s him I don’t trust. That spoiled brat and his money.” Jimin spat before leaving the room.

Taehyung exhaled and shook his head.

“I don’t think he’s done anything wrong…yet.”

 

 

Yoomi’s fists curled around her purse’s strap as she saw Haera stand up and sit across Taeyong’s lap. They started to chat, somehow, in an intimate manner. Then Haera leaned her forehead against his, the room turned quiet and people started to take photos of them.

She exhaled.

“They’re cute, right? Not your average couple.” Her stylist mused, Yoomi blinked and she nodded back.

“Two years, right? Two years of dating secretly?” She asked.

“Yes, but, didn’t you mention the other day that you knew each other from before?”

“Yes, classmates.” Yoomi smiled before approaching the couple.

“Haera, Taeyong,” She chirped.

Haera was the first one to react, she smiled at Yoomi.

“So, Galleria’s involved with the shoot. We even have the big boss delivering the clothes.” Haera smiled as the artist put some blush on her.

“It’s a big job for us. I had to check on it.” Yoomi replied, her eyes went to Taeyong.

“It’s good to see you, Taeyong.” Yoomi greeted, Taeyong looked up, he met her gaze evenly.

“You too.” His reply was short, then he stood up.

Haera turned her head.

“It’s work, I have to take this.” He gestured to his phone.

“Sure.” Haera nodded back, Taeyong grinned before touching her cheek, then he stepped out of the room.

Yoomi exhaled again, Haera bit her lip before speaking.

“Yoomi, I don’t want any trouble, it all happened so fast~”

 

“Save it. I don’t want to hear from it you.” Yoomi cut her off and she turned away from her.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++