030

Can We Be Friends?

 

Haera shuddered as Taeyong set his phone down, they were inside the car, already on their way home.

“Have you spoken to them?” She asked as Mr. Lee’s number kept on flashing on the screen.

“No, I was waiting to hear from you first.” Taeyong spoke, she smiled and shook her head.

“What would you do if I didn’t come back? Were you really going to just let that happen? People were badmouthing you badly. And it affected the company too, you fool.”

“Better me than you, Haera.”

Haera paused, her forehead creased.

“Hey,” Taeyong sighed, he faced her and cupped the back of her neck, she looked at him.

“It’s fine, Haera. It’s nothing I can’t handle. I can always fix the company, but I have to protect you first.”

“Taeyong, I~”

“So, stop feeling guilty, I did that because I wanted to. I know I was wrong, it was my fault.”

“I was the one who encouraged you to meet up with her.” She said softly, Taeyong shook his head and kissed her cheek.

“It’s alright, Haera. You did nothing wrong.”

“Taeyong, stop sugarcoating~”

“You’re my wife. So, I have to protect you.”

 

 

Jimin shook his head as he looked at the screen, Namjoon bit his lip and glanced at his other members briefly.

“No, no. To be honest, Yoomi…Yoomi’s a good friend but, she’s always..she’s always had this liking..or, crush on Taeyong ever since we were teenagers.”

“She’s always been vocal about it, and my poor husband didn’t want to hurt her. Taeyong didn’t know how to reject her, and he didn’t want their friendship to be damaged. And a few weeks after we got married, she started to contacting him.”

“That’s right, I advised Taeyong to be nice to her, I didn’t want her to cause any more trouble.”

“So, what you’re saying, Yoo Haera-ssi, is that you were aware of everything? About him and Yoomi-ssi going out?”

“Yes.”

“She sounds like a stalker, that must have stressed you out, Haera-ssi.”

“Then, I think this straightens things now, right? Please, go easy on my husband, it’s his first time.”

“Look at her, she’s lying for him.” Jimin said.

“She’s doing the same for the both of you. You’re the one who wants to keep her hidden.” Suga pointed out flatly.

“That’s different, hyung. He’s making her do all these things. While he gets to enjoy~”

“Don’t start. Haera was always okay with going public. But you always stopped her from doing so.”

Jimin looked away.

“So, don’t do anything stupid. She’s already so far away from you, and yet you don’t realize what you’ve done.”

“She asked for space, hyung. Right before she did that for Taeyong.” Jimin said sharply.

“What did you ever do for her? Because that rich boy you love to chastise so much just literally set himself on fire just to save Haera from embarrassment. And you? You just added to her problems.”

 

 

Taeyong walked in his study, it was a little overwhelming for him. Haera appearing at the company, doing the press conference from him and even helping him out with the board of directors.

He exhaled and looked at his phone again, Yoomi was calling. He shook his head and pouted himself a glass of whiskey.

And he needed to get it together.

He didn’t realize it sooner but, he was already use to having Haera by his side, and that frightened. Because she wasn’t his.

Yoo Haera will never be his.

He let out a breath before emptying the glass.

“I don’t think I can win you over, actress Yoo.” He said humorlessly before taking his seat, his fingers curled around the drink.

“I don’t think I want this to end. I don’t think I will be able to let you go.” He spoke as he studied their wedding portrait on his desk.

“I don’t think I can be just friends with you, Yoo Haera.”

 

 

Haera stood in front of her dresser, she started to take off her jewelry and looked at her reflection.

She could hear Taeyong speaking on the phone by the couch, he was discussing regarding the press conference and which articles to take down.

“I must be crazy.” Haera said quietly as she leaned her head on the dresser, she exhaled and closed her eyes.

“What am I doing? I got in between them.”

“Haera?”

She sat up, Taeyong was walking towards her.

“We’re moving to the house tomorrow, are you busy?” He asked her, Haera shook her head and stood up.

“How did it go? What did your secretary say?” She asked him.

“It’s already been taken care of, you are a genius.” He said lightly as he cupped her cheeks, Haera blinked at him but she returned his smile.

“Well, nothing a little drama can’t solve, right?” She replied uncomfortably, Taeyong was in better spirits. He let go of her and walked towards the coat rack.

“It is. Shall we have dinner out? I think it’s better to be seen in public.” He asked as he picked up his jacket.

“Sure, that..that sounds nice.”

Taeyong smiled and walked back to her, he glanced at her dressed and she picked up the earrings he had given her.

“Wear this.”

“I’ll just change into something presentable. Thanks.” She said as she took the earrings from him, Taeyong smiled before walking out of the room.

Haera let out a shaky breath before picking out something to wear.

 

“This isn’t right.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++