017

Can We Be Friends?

 

Taeyong sat down across Yoomi, he picked up his coffee and exhaled.

“I was expecting that your family would be suing me.”

“If we did, then it will become news. How you left on the day of the wedding.” He said simply, Yoomi paused.

“Why did you do it?”

“Aren’t you going to ask me where they are? Your mom’s jewels?”

“That’s something my parents are worried about. I want to know why you ran away.” Taeyong stated.

“Taeyong, it was happening too fast. I mean, we just met last year, and our parents pushed us to get married in such a rush.”

“Why didn’t you say anything, Yoomi? I asked you many times before we pushed through the wedding.”

“I didn’t want to lose you, Taeyong.”

Taeyong shook his head and faced her again.

“I took your mother’s jewelry so that you’d hate me, so that you’d let me go. I was afraid, Taeyong.”

“So, why are you back now?”

“Because I regret it. I regret everything.” Yoomi met his gaze, then she placed her hand over his.

“I want you back, Taeyong.”

“Don’t do this, I don’t want any trouble.” Taeyong pulled his hand away from hers.

“You deserve someone better. Someone at your level.”

“Yoomi~”

“Come back to me, Taeyong.”

 

 

Haera exhaled as she slid down from the Bentley, she saw a long figure sitting by the benches just across their building.

She plucked out her Prada backpack before approaching the male, he looked up as she reached him.

“Have you eaten?” Jimin asked her while pulling his cap lower.

“I have. With Kai.”

Jimin nodded back, Haera’s forehead furrowed as she glanced at him again.

“I know you don’t like what’s happening, but Jimin-ah, I can’t really do anything about this now. I have to put up with this act, I have to pretend.”

Jimin remained silent, Haera exhaled.

“Taeyong…You don’t have to worry about him. We’re just friends.”

“Haera-yah,” Jimin faced her, Haera bit her lip.

“You can’t keep on choosing him.”

Haera paused, her brows knitted together.

“I liked it better when you went to events with your label mates.”

“Jimin-ah, I can’t do that anymore. I’m married. It would be odd if I went to parties~”

“I don’t like him.” Jimin stated.

 

 

Taeyong got down from his Mercedes, he smiled as he noticed the Bentley parked beside him.

“She finally decided to use it.” He said to himself as he walked across the parking lot, he reached the building’s curb and paused as he heard a familiar voice.

He glanced to his left and saw Haera sitting with Jimin.

“Taeyong…You don’t have to worry about him. We’re just friends.”

“Haera-yah,”

“You can’t keep on choosing him.”

“I liked it better when you went to events with your label mates.”

“Jimin-ah, I can’t do that anymore. I’m married. It would be odd if I went to parties~”

“I don’t like him.”

Taeyong stopped walking, his brows rose briefly. He saw how Haera exhaled, then she stood up.

Jimin-ah, he~

Can’t you divorce him soon?

Jimin took her hand in his, Taeyong’s brows met briefly and he headed straight to the doors.

“Taeyong-ah!”

Taeyong halted and turned, the expression on Haera’s faced started to worry him.

“Oh, you’re home.” Taeyong walked towards them.

“Why are you two talking outside? You should have gone up.” He offered, he felt Jimin’s gaze on him.

“No, Jimin was just leaving.” Haera stated, Taeyong grew confused.

“Haera,” Jimin sighed as he tried to take her hand.

“I’ll go ahead; I badly need a shower.” She said without facing him, she sidestepped Taeyong and headed for the building’s entrance.

Taeyong glanced behind him, he saw Haera enter the building, he nodded for his guards to follow her.

“Jimin-ssi, I know things are hard to understand for you, but Haera and I we’re just following our parents’ orders.” Taeyong spoke, Jimin met his gaze and shook his head.

“You’re just taking advantage of her because you know she can’t rebel against her mother.” Jimin pointed out.

“I would never do anything to hurt her. She’s one of my oldest friends.” Taeyong said clearly.

Jimin snorted, he faced him again.

“Brats like you would do anything just for gain. You’re just using her.”

Taeyong exhaled.

“Instead of trying to pick fights with me, I think you should be fixing things between you and Haera.” Taeyong pointed out before turning away from the male.

 

 

Haera exhaled and kicked the bathrobe away from her, she was already clad in a pair of sweats and a loose t-shirt as she walked back into the room, not minding her damp locks as she sat down on the couch.

She could hear Taeyong moving around in the kitchen as she checked her phone for her schedules.

“Are you dressed?” Taeyong asked as he stepped in by the doors.

“Yeah,” She called back, Taeyong walked into the room and found her already seated in front of the TV.

“Job well done for us, look.” She held her phone up, SM had already released their photos from earlier.

“You don’t have to do this.” Taeyong said as he sat down beside her, Haera paused, he sighed before making her face him.

“What?”

“Have you two been fighting? Because of me?”

Haera paused, he saw how her brows furrowed together.

“It’s nothing. Just~”

“It’s not nothing, Haera.”

She frowned, then she stretched her left foot and poked his knee with her toe.

“Fine, we’ll talk about it later when you already feel like talking.” Taeyong smiled.

“I’m just tired of having to explain things all over again, Taeyong. But I don’t want to lose him.” She murmured, Taeyong bit his lip but he opened his arms to her.

“How did your talk with Yoomi go? Good?” She asked as she leaned against him, Taeyong nodded before wrapping his arms around the girl.

“It was okay.” He replied softly.

Haera nodded back, knowing when not to push him to talk.

“You smell like chicken. Kai took you out for some?”

“Yeah, he loves chicken.” She said darkly, Taeyong chuckled.

“Thanks for today, president. Thanks for putting up with my job.” She murmured.

“It’s nothing. You should be asleep by now.” Taeyong said, Haera exhaled and she sat up, Taeyong set his hands down.

“I hope you and Yoomi patch things up.” She said.

Taeyong paused, he looked at the girl pensively.

“I’m not exactly CEO wife material, Taeyong. You hate the public eye.” She mused.

“It’s not that bad, Haera.” He said with a small smile as he stood up, Haera blinked at him.

“Nothing I can’t handle.”

Taeyong just kissed the top of her head before walking to the bathroom.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++