025

Can We Be Friends?

 

Taeyong eyed the butler as he served the dishes on the table, Haera was still in their room, taking a shower.

“Did my mother ask you to come by to spy on us again?” He asked, the older male laughed.

“Of course not, young master.”

Taeyong wanted to snort at him, he glanced up as he heard Haera’s voice from the steps.

“Taeyong, I have~” She halted when she saw the other male.

“Ahjussi, it’s been a while.” She greeted him as she took her seat across Taeyong.

“Are you busy this morning?” He asked her.

“No, but I’m meeting Changwook oppa for lunch, would you like to join us?”

“Sure.” Taeyong nodded, his eyes went to her for a brief moment. Haera but her lip as she looked t her plate.

“Can you give us….”

The butler nodded in understanding before leaving, Taeyong looked at the girl again.

“Did something happen?” He asked her in concern.

“No, nothing.”

“Haera, about last night~”

“Look, you can keep on apologizing about it, but it wont fix things, Taeyong. I know you didn’t do it on purpose and that wasn’t your intention.”

Taeyong paused.

“But please, stop talking about it.” She finished, then she set her spoon down and stood up. Taeyong but his lip in worry as Haera went back to their room.

 

 

Haera exhaled as she looked at her reflection, she was wearing a hot pink mini dress that reached her thighs, on her feet were a pair of velvet thigh high Balenciaga boots.

“This isn’t really going well.” She murmured before picking up her purse and heading out of the room.

She paused when she saw Taeyong in the living room, he was speaking to his head of security.

“You ready?” He asked as he saw her, the guard gave her a polite bow before leaving the room.

“Yeah, do we have plans this morning?” She asked him while fidgeting with the strap of her Gucci purse, Taeyong smiled before helping her wear her coat.

“You wont like it.” He said as they walked towards the elevator, Haera looked at him questioningly as they got inside the machine.

“Our house is ready.” Taeyong spoke.

“House? What house?”

“It was a gift from your parents. I got a call this morning, saying that we can move in.”

Haera remained silent, Taeyong grew confused.

“I’m..guessing you didn’t know?” He glanced at her.

“Obviously.” She muttered darkly, Taeyong could only offer her a small smile.

“I thought you knew. That’s why we’re heading there now, but we can~”

“No, it’s fine,” They reached the lobby, Haera already saw the crowd of reporters waiting outside.

“It’s not like we have choice, we have to move in.” She said to him before, Taeyong smiled before wrapping one arm around her as they reached the exit doors.

“I know it won’t exactly make things better but, we can choose not to,” Taeyong spoke as they stepped out, the reporters started to press on them. Security started to make way for them, Haera gave the crowd a small smile as Taeyong pulled her forward.

“Haera-ssi, is it true that you re doing another duet with Chanyeol again? Will we ever be able to hear the demo?”

Haera just moved forward, she felt Taeyong’s grip on her tighten.

“News about you two moving in to your new house has been floating around, is it true?”

Taeyong just smiled back as they started to call for her name, then they reached the Rolls Royce, he gestured for Haera to get in first.

Taeyong took his seat beside the girl and he let out a breath.

“Still not used to that?” Haera mused at him.

“You sing?” Taeyong blinked at her as the car started to move forward.

“A little.” Haera shrugged, Taeyong smiled before taking out something from his pocket. Haera paused as she saw the small leather box.

“What~” Haera halted as the set of blue topaz earrings greeted her with it’s diamonds on the side.

“It matches the engagement ring.” Taeyong nodded.

“Your mom sent this?” Haera said as she took one out, she knew Mrs. Lee’s love for jewelry.

“Ani, I picked them out a few days ago.” Taeyong said as he took out his phone and started to check his schedule. Haera paused, her eyes went to him.

“Taeyong, you didn’t have to~”

“You think I’d forget your birthday?” He chuckled before setting his phone down, Haera paused.

“It’s next week,” She told him.

“I wanted to be early.” Taeyong smiled before gesturing for her to try them on. Haera just bit her lip before facing the window.

 

 

“Did it arrive on time, sir?”

Taeyong discreetly stepped away from Haera and the caretaker of their property, they were discussing about which rooms she wanted to furnish herself.

“It did.” Taeyong replied as he stepped out to the garden.

“How did you know about it? You don’t can’t even differentiate a diamond from an amethyst.” Her father’s secretary joked.

Taeyong smiled and scratched the back of his neck.

“What happened? How bad was it? Did you say were sorry?”

“Ahjussi!”

The male from the other line chuckled.

“I made a big mistake, and I didn’t know how to…fix it.”

“So, you mind directly went to buying her jewelry?”

“What was I supposed to do?” Taeyong murmured.

“Talking to her. You should have just apologized and talked to her, I’ve known Haera since she was a child. You don’t need to buy her.”

“I wasn’t~”

“I know, just be a good husband, young master. And your friends are invited for tomorrow night’s event. Don’t forget.”

Taeyong exhaled, he glanced behind him as he heard the sliding doors open.

“Well?”

“I was curious if you have some input regarding the house, since it’s not just mine.” She was smiling as she approached him.

“I’m good with whatever you want.” Taeyong nodded before pulling her coat closer to her. Haera looked at him.

“Are you sure?”

Taeyong gave her a reassuring nod, her eyes narrowed at him briefly.

“Go back inside, it’s cold. You’re wearing so little.” Taeyong nudged her, Haera paused.

“Thanks, I like the earrings.” She patted his cheek before walking back to the house. Taeyong exhaled and he smiled to himself.

 

 

Sehun welcomed Haera as she walked into the room, the producers and directors were also in the room.

“You’re looking well, Haera.”

“Thank you, director.” She smiled before taking her seat, Sehun handed a folder to her.

“Script reading will be next week, we also organized a small party to get to know the other casts and crew as well.”

A representative for SM started talking, Sehun nudged her.

“You have filming tomorrow, huh? For the drama?”

She nodded back.

“Then, no pizza for you tonight then.” He , Haera sent him a dry look. The meeting went on, their schedules were finalized and soon that two were dismissed from the room. Kai was already waiting for them in the practice room.

“Hey,” He chirped, Haera shook off her boots and plopped down on the couch, Sehun blinked at her.

“What is it?”

“A house.”

“What?” Kai asked and sat beside her.

“We received our house today.”

“Received a house? Talk properly.” Sehun rolled his eyes before setting up the music.

“I also got a pair of earrings. It’s a normal day.” She shrugged, Kai’s brows rose.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Do you think Taeyong will be offended if I ask him to move to house and I’ll stay at the penthouse instead?” She sat up, Kai blinked but he smiled.

“Wae? You want to avoid him?”

“No, I just want…to think clearly.” She shrugged as she stood up to change into her practice clothes.

Kai chuckled before leaning back on the couch.

“Think clearly? Or are you starting to realize things, actress Yoo?” He mused to himself.

 

 

Yoomi watched as the Rolls Royce pulled over, they had agreed to meet at SM Entertianment’s main office in Gangnam. She was wearing a pair leggings matched with an oversized Gucci hoodie.

She saw Taeyong slide down from the car and opened the door for Haera, Yoomi watched as they girl appeared. She was smiling as they walked towards the building.

Taeyong laughed as she almost tripped on the pavement, his grip on her arm tightened.

Yoomi’s brows met briefly.

“I’ll send driver Park to pick you up, how about dinner?” She heard Taeyong ask, Haera shook her head.

“I might go out to eat with the oppas. You enjoy your afternoon, president.” Haera said teasingly, Taeyong snorted and mussed her hair before letting her go.

Yoomi exhaled and crossed her arms, Taeyong turned away from the door, his face lit up when he saw her.

“Did you wait long?” He asked her as he led her to the car.

“No, I saw it all.” She said as she got inside the vehicle, Taeyong took the space next to hers.

“What?”

“You and Haera, it seems so real.” She said with a smile, Taeyong shook his head.

“We’ve know each other since we were kids, we get along well.” He said as the car started to move, Yoomi nodded but her brows were knitted together.

 

 

“Be careful, you might fall for her charms. She’s a celebrity after all, being stuck with one isn’t good for you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

A/N:

I won't be able to update for 2 weeks max. Heading to LA the tomorrow. You can always reach me on my twitter account, @bluestone1317

See you when I get back! :>