032

Can We Be Friends?

“Its still weird.” Haera said over lunch, Taeyong looked up from his plate.

“What?”

She gestured around them, they had finally moved in into their house and it was still so new to Haera.

“At least my grandmother didn’t send someone to spy on us.” He grinned at her, Haera shook her head.

“Good point.” She chuckled before taking another spoonful of her cereal, she exhaled before looking at him again.

“Something bothering you?” Taeyong asked, she sighed before dragging her seat next to his, he blinked at her.

“Remember when I told you that I have this project with Sehun oppa? That movie?”

“Yeah, you mentioned it.” Taeyong set the paper down.

“Well, the filming’s site is in Jeju and it might take two months or so.”

“I can have the jet prepared to fly you back on forth.” Taeyong nodded, Haera bit her lip.

“Taeyong, I actually want to stay there for a bit. Even after the filming. I’m planning on a hiatus.”

Taeyong stilled, his forehead creased.

“It’s not about what happened, I just…with the whole…I haven’t taken a break since my debut and I just think this is the perfect timing. You know, some time alone, time to think and just get away from everything.” She said as she placed her hand over his. Taeyong remained quiet for a moment then he nodded.

“Okay, you can fly in via the jet. Your staff too. Just tell me your schedule, I’ll take care of it.” He smiled before standing up, he kissed the side of her head.

“Are you leaving for work? It’s a Saturday.”

“I made plans with the guys, you should rest.” He said before leaving the room.

 

 

“A hiatus? Why? Are you going to the military?” Changwook questioned, Haera glared at him.

“I don’t understand, it’s like you’re hiding, you know.”

“People may think, but I don’t care.” Haera said as she leaned back on her seat, Changwook drummed his fingers on the steering wheel and glanced at his sibling.

“Is it really just that?” He asked softly, Haera didn’t reply, she just stared ahead.

“This isn’t because of Jimin, right?”

Haera looked at her palms.

“I..I don’t think I can fix that, oppa. I don’t…I don’t want to fix it.”

Changwook paused, Haera let out a shaky breath and buried her face in her palms. Changwook frowned and pulled over, he faced her.

“Haera, what’s wrong?”

“Oppa..I…I don’t want to be Haera anymore. I just…I want everything to go away.” She whimpered, he sighed before wrapping the girl in his arms.

“Haera, don’t say that.”

“If you don’t want to get back together with Jimin then it’s okay. That’s your choice to make.”

“I want to leave Jimin because of Taeyong, oppa.”

Changwook bit his lip and he nodded.

“And I feel so bad for feeling like this. It’s like what Jimin said, I’d really chose Taeyong over him.”

“No, no, you don’t get to decide these things, Haera.”

“I could have just avoided him from the very beginning, you know. I should have just stayed in my condo and not live with him. But, a part of me wanted my old friend back, and I didn’t know that…that I would eventually…fall for him. So, it’s my fault, oppa.”

“Then it’s Jimin’s fault for hiding you.” Changwook stated as he pulled back, Haera paused.

“I never really liked him for you, Haera. You deserve better. And if you can’t wrap your head around that, then that’s on you, baby girl.”

“Oppa, I~”

“I’m not pushing you to Taeyong, I just don’t like seeing you hiding from your own feelings.”

 

 

“She’s leaving?” Yuta echoed, Johnny glanced at his friend worriedly.

“Yeah, I don’t know how she’ll break it to the elders.” Taeyong said as he picked up his coffee.

“Taeyong-ah,”

“Tell us the truth, what’s going to happen? Yoomi?” Johnny spoke, Taeyong paused.

“I can’t do it. I thought things would work between us. I didn’t realize how complicated things already were.”

“She made it worse.” Yuta said, Johnny scratched the back of his head.

“So when are you going to admit it?” Yuta asked.

“I don’t want her to leave. I don’t like her being on that island alone.” Taeyong stated as he set his cup down.

“We know.”

“Just admit it, Lee Taeyong.”

“What do you want?” Taeyong exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“You are starting to look at your wife. You want her.”

“She has Jimin. I don’t want to start trouble, I already made enough problems for her.” Taeyong said quietly, Yuta started to smile.

“Jimin’s nothing, dude.” Johnny chuckled, Taeyong didn’t react.

“I can’t win her over, in her eyes, I’m just an accessory.” He said softly before finishing his coffee.

 

 

Haera braced herself as she waited inside the private hall, she leaned back on her seat and checked her phone again.

“I thought I would never see you again.”

She looked up, Jimin shut the door behind him and removed his hat.

“I wanted to talk to you before I start filming.” She spoke, Jimin nodded and took his seat across her.

“Haera-yah, I~”

“I want to end things, Jimin-ah.”

He halted, Haera looked up to meet his gaze, she bit her lip before continuing.

“I..I don’t want to do this anymore, we’re always fighting, we never agree on things and I can’t give you what you want.”

“Haera, don’t. We can get through this.” He tried to reach for her hand, but the girl pulled back.

“I don’t think we can.” She replied softly, Jimin swallowed.

“I’m sorry, Jimin-ah. I really am.”

“Is this because of Taeyong?” He finally asked, Haera placed her purse on her lap.

“I’m sorry, you can hate me all you want. It’s okay.” She said as she stood up, Jimin bit his lip.

“Haera, wait.”

Haera paused, her hand hovered over the doorknob.

“What’s going on? Is this about Taeyong?”

“It is.” She bit her lip and looked away.

“I lost, huh?”

“Jimin, I..I didn’t mean to~”

“I know. Go.” Jimin said to her, Haera puffed her cheeks and left the room. Jimin exhaled as soon as the doors closed, closed his eyes and leaned back on his seat.

“I messed up this time, I’m sorry Haera.”

 

“I’m so sorry.” Haera whispered to herself as she headed for the elevator.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++