035

Can We Be Friends?

 

Haera glanced at Taeyong again, they were at the filming site, and like usual, most people would tiptoe around him.

“Is he really going to stay here the whole time?” Sehun nudged her.

“No, he has to visit one of their offices here, he’ll be leaving soon.”

Sehun nodded and grinned at her.

“What is it now, oppa?”

“I’m just happy for you, I mean, come on, he’s openly being around you. Not like that other dude you used to date, he liked keeping~”

“Please.” She hissed at him, Sehun chortled.

“I’m serious, Haera. He seems like an okay guy, so, don’t crash him out.”

“How much did Kim Jongin pay you?” She retorted.

“Nah, that was all me.” He winked at her before going to his chair, Haera shook her head before walking towards Taeyong.

Sehun was smiling to himself as he sat down.

“Well? Is it working?” Honghyun walked up to him.

“I think it is, hyung. You know Haera, it might take some time for her to realize things.”

“She does look happier, huh? Compared being with that…other guy.” Her manager said thoughtfully.

“She is happier.”

 

 

Taeyong turned behind him when he felt a hand on his arm, Haera had already changed into her character.

“Having fun?” She asked him, Taeyong was speaking with one of the cameramen, he was eyeing the different cameras and microphone.

“I’m learning.” He grinned at her as he looked around.

“Are you starting soon?” He asked her, Haera nodded.

“Maybe in a few minutes, Sehun oppa’s having his makeup redone.”

“Then, I should go. I still have that meeting. Are you sure you want to drive yourself home?” He asked as they pulled away from the crowd.

“Yeah, I still need to buy a few things, I want to stock up on fruits.” She stated.

Taeyong smiled and curled a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Then, we should go together then.”

“Taeyong, we might finish up late. Like ten or eleven.” She said as they reached the waiting Rolls Royce.

“I can wait, have fun. Don’t get sick, please.” He smiled before leaning over to kiss the side of her head, Haera stilled but she gave him a small wave.

Taeyong got inside the car, Haera wrapped her arms around herself as she watched the car speed away.

 

 

Haera pinched the bridge of her nose as she got in the car, her mother was on the other line.

“Eomma,”

“Did you just finish filming?”

“Yes, why are you still up?” She yawned again, it was almost eleven in the evening.

“I know you heard about the party next week, Haera. Why aren’t you emailing your father back?”

She groaned and started the engine, she set her bag down.

“I was planning to call him, and is oppa coming?”

“He’s finally taking over, so, of course he is!”

Haera flinched and pulled the phone away from her ear.

“I’ll be there, eomma. Don’t worry.”

“And Taeyong too.” The elder demanded, Haera smiled and started to drive around the parking lot.

“Of course, we’re like a set now.” She murmured as she reached the main road.

“And you, when are you planning to come join me? I can’t handle our family’s company forever.”

Haera puffed her cheeks and checked the side mirrors again.

“I thought marrying Taeyong fixed all that.” She mused, her mother hissed at her.

“Let’s discuss this later, eomma. Taeyong’s waiting at home.” She bid goodbye before ending the call, then Haera paused, her lips quirked up slightly.

 

 

Taeyong stepped out of the house as soon as he heard the car pull over, Haera slid down from the car and paused when she saw him.

“Oh, I was just~” She stopped when she noticed how Taeyong seemed tensed up.

“Did..something happen?” She asked him, Taeyong exhaled before taking her bag from her and started to pull her towards the Huracan.

“I just,” He trailed off and took out his phone, Haera nodded and looked at the screen. She frowned, there was a photo of Taeyong visiting her at the set and the caption was obviously the source of her husband’s distress.

“It says here that the only reason we’re still together is because you’re only with me for the money. And that you forgave my cheating on you because of that.” Taeyong’s tone was flat and cold.

“Taeyong-ah, those are just~”

“No, I want this to stop, Haera. The way the speak of you, the way they try to paint this negative image of you, I hate it.” He stated, Haera bit the insides of her cheek.

“Taeyong, I know, but those are just~”

“Will you let me do it?” Taeyong interrupted, she grew confused.

“You don’t have to threaten these small time publishers~”

“Haera, before you became my wife, you already were Yoo Banking Group’s daughter. Your father was the chairman, now your mother took over after his passing. And obviously, if you want to, you’re going to take over.”

“Taeyong~”

“Why are you letting me do this? You yourself can have these crappy sites close down with just one phone call.” Taeyong was staring with her with such intensity that it made her want to step back from him, but his grip on her shoulders were firm.

“I want this to stop, Haera. I don’t like it. It angers me.”

Haera her lips and looked at her shoes, she let out a breath before meeting his gaze again.

“I’ll…I’ll have my mother’s secretary release something by tomorrow. I just never really thought this would be important, you know? My background and everything.” She explained to him, Taeyong shook his head, he pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her.

“Look at you, you get so worked up when it comes to this type of thing, how cute.” She mused at him.

“I just don’t like it when they talk bad about you, you’ve done nothing wrong, Haera.”

“I did date Jimin while being married to you, Taeyong.” She chuckled, Taeyong paused, he pulled back to meet her gaze.

“But not anymore.” He spoke to her.

“Huh?”

“You’re not with him. Not anymore.”

“Well, yes. I was just joking.” She grinned at him, Taeyong nodded, he smiled before dropping his arms to his sides.

“Will you promise me that you’ll do something about rumors?”

“It actually amazes that you haven’t released it yourself yet.” She commented as she opened the car’s door.

“I wanted you to decide for yourself, actress Yoo. It’s your business after all, I’m just here to remind.” He winked at her.

Haera chuckled and just slid inside his car, Taeyong smiled to himself before walking around to the driver’s seat.

“Look at you, president Lee, driving around in a Huracan while escaping work.” She as they sped away from the house.

 

“Well, at least I get to spend some time with the wife.” Taeyong winked at her, Haera gagged but she bumped fists with him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++