031

Can We Be Friends?

“This is a good PR move, very smart.” Sion commented as she looked at her phone, Sehun had posted a photo of him and Haera on his Instagam account. They were both in costume for the movie they were filming together.

“It will make people think how everything is okay and that your marriage isn’t kind of falling apart.” Kai said in a sarcastic cheerful tone.

Haera was having her makeup done and she couldn’t roll her eyes at him.

“Go away.” She muttered darkly.

“Ya, you better go back to your group mates.” Honghyun shooed him away, Kai chuckled and left the room.

“Is Taeyong coming tonight?” Sion asked her.

It was happening tonight, the event Haera and Sehun practiced for over a couple of weeks. A gathering of artists from different companies. It was sort of a talent show, it was going to be aired on TV on the next day. Artists from across Asia will be in attendance, to perform and to watch. And this year SM decided to let idols partner up for different performances.

“Yes, he’s probably already on his way, unnie.”

“Does he know about your schedule next week?”

Haera paused, she puffed her cheeks and looked at her reflection again.

“Haera, you’ll be gone for a month or two.” Sion sighed, Honghyun shook his head at her.

“I’ll take care of it.” Haera said before standing up to put on her shoes.

 

 

Taeyong leaned back on his seat as the show started, he saw Haera’s manager appear from behind the stage.

“Haera and Sehun are up in a few minutes. Any artists you recognize?” Honghyun asked him, Taeyong smiled politely. His secretary grew amused, his boss rarely watched other things besides from news and well, movies Haera asks him to watch with her.

“I know Exo, they performed earlier.” Taeyong said.

“Kai must have informed you.” Sion chuckled, Taeyong nodded back. His eyes went to the stage as it turned dark.

The crowd went wild as the first notes of the song echoed in the arena.

“This is kind of an old song; it came out in 2011. It caused a lot of talk back then.” Sion hummed.

The title flashed on the screen, Taeyong read it.

“Trouble Maker. Hyuna and Hyunsung. This is gold.” He heard his secretary muse, Taeyong glanced to the other table, Jimin was seated with his group. He saw the male’s eyes widen when he saw the title.

Haera and Sehun appeared on stage.

“It’s a little risqué, but they’re professionals.”

Taeyong just watched the stage, Haera was obviously having fun as she moved. She even caught his eye briefly, she smiled at him before proceeding to sing.

“It’s refreshing; I haven’t seen heard her sing live in a while.” Honghyun smiled.

“She looks beautiful, huh?” Sion looked at Taeyong.

“She always does.” Taeyong smiled to himself.

 

 

“What now? You want to attack Sehun sunbae for touching her like that?” Suga asked as he leaned back on his seat.

“Hyung,” Taehyung frowned, Jimin loosened his tie.

“Don’t do anything stupid, fans will notice how you were glaring at the stage the whole time.” Suga warned before picking up his glass of water.

Namjoon leaned back on his seat, while Jin glanced at the other table. Taeyong was clearly enjoying himself, his head bobbing up and down to the music as the performance started to end.

There was a loud round of applause as the song ended, the lights dimmed down.

The emcees appeared and proceeded with the show, Jimin saw Haera rushing to the backstage, Sehun was laughing as they were rushed by the staff.

“She’s glowing. Noona looked so pretty.” Jungkook commented, J-Hope saw Haera appear by the staircase from backstage.

Taeyong stood up with a smile on his face. She was smiling as she walked to him, Taeyong opened one arm to her.

“Why were we seated here?” J-Hope muttered to himself as he glanced at Jimin’s reaction. Taeyong had one arm wrapped around the actress, they exchanged words. Haera laughed and a photographer approached them.

“Can you do fun pose?” He asked, Haera nodded.

“Is that okay?” She asked him, Taeyong nodded then he leaned over to press his lips against her cheek as the photographer snapped away.

Jimin let out a breath and looked away.

 

 

“You did so well, my precious disciple!” Kai greeted the girl, Taemin chuckled.

“Please get him away from me, oppa.” Haera smiled before hugging Taemin.

“It has been a while, are you okay?” Taemin asked her before handing her a glass of champagne, the show had come to an end and everyone was having diner.

“I’m okay, oppa. It’s you and the others I was worried about. How is everyone holding up?”

Kai frowned, Taemin shook his head.

“We’re all coping, Haera. Thank you for being there for us.”

“We’re family, oppa.” Haera nodded, Taemin excused himself and left the two.

“What happened, Haera?” Kai asked her softly, Haera exhaled.

“I asked Jimin to give me some space.”

Kai paused, but he nodded. Haera looked up and Kai followed her gaze. Taeyong was chatting with one of SM’s executives and Chanyeol.

“And it made me think, if…if he didn’t appear, if Taeyong didn’t appear, would this…would this all happen?”

“You wanting to leave Jimin?” Kai asked carefully, Haera nodded. Kai sighed before taking her hand in his.

“If it were bound to happen, it will. With or without Taeyong.”

“What if he’s right? Oppa, it’s not hard to fall for that.” Haera gestured towards Taeyong, Kai could sense her frustration.

“I..feel so dirty. Have I been cheating on Jimin all this time? Have…Have I been just toying with him?”

“Haera, you know you’re not that person. You’re just realizing things.” Kai sueezed her hand, Haera exhaled.

“This isn’t fair for any of us, oppa. I was wrong, I thought it was going to work.”

“You thought that because you had no idea how things would go between you and Taeyong.”

“Oppa, you should~”

“Haera, I was there. I was always there. I saw how much you suffered when you decided you want to go public, but Jimin refused.”

“That time, they were just~”

“I know, he had a lot of chances after that, Haera. So many opportunities and yet he decided not to.”

Haera looked away, Kai sighed and just faced her.

“I know he’s special to you and it will be difficult to let him go,”

 

“But you deserve someone better. Not someone who wants to keep you hidden.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++