006

Can We Be Friends?

 

Haera puffed her cheeks as she walked into the room, she could hear the maids discussing where to put her shoes.

She had changed into a forest green turtleneck sweater and denim jeans, she looked around pensively.

“Still thinking about that escape plan?”

She glanced back, Taeyong was standing by the doorway.

“I’m open for new suggestions.” She mused back, Taeyong shrugged before loosening his necktie.

“Long day at work?” She asked him before taking a seat on the white sofa.

“Sort of.” Taeyong was a little distracted by the maids who were walking around, Haera grinned.

“I hope your walk-in closet can handle all that.” She jutted her lips towards the waiting boxes waiting to be opened.

“We have spare rooms..for the clothes.” Taeyong corrected himself quickly as the butler walked in the room.

“It might take time for us to finish, young master. Would you want us to prepare dinner?”

Taeyong glanced at Haera briefly.

“We’ll just eat out.” He replied.

“We are?”

“Yeah, come on.” Taeyong nodded before pulling her off the couch, he grabbed Haera’s coat and they left the room.

 

 

“Why are we doing this suddenly? I just want to sleep.” Suga complained as their van pulled to a stop right in front of a famous restaurant in downtown Seoul.

“Bang PD-nim suggested it, besides, it’s a great way to talk to our staff too.” Namjoon reasoned out as the doors slid open.

“We can just do it at the company.” Suga shrugged as they piled out of the vehicle.

“It’s chilly tonight.” Jimin commented as Hoseok slung one arm around him, then Mercedes Benz pulled over behind their vehicle.

“Look, rich people eat here too.” Jin mused, Jungkook was tugging on his jacket’s sleeves.

Jimin followed his hyung’s gaze and he halted.

Haera slid down from the front seat, she slung her purse over one shoulder before looking around.

“Good evening, sir.” A valet rushed to the driver’s side, Jimin’s eyes went to the male.

He nodded back as the valet took the key from him, Haera glanced over at him.

“We’re eating here? My mom loves this place.” She chuckled.

“Well, I ran out of ideas.” He replied as he walked to her, then Haera’s eyes landed on the males ahead of them.

Her eyes widened, Namjoon tensed and glanced at his friend.

“Oh! Look! Yoo Haera and her husband!” A customer had noticed them on his way to the entrance, Haera’s brows met briefly.

“Noona,” Jungkook gave her a small wave.

Taeyong’s brows went up, his eyes went to the males before them for a brief moment.

“Shall we go in? It’s cold.” He spoke softly, Haera peeled her eyes away from Jimin’s and looked at him.

“People are taking photos of you.” Taeyong shifted slightly, she just nodded and walked to the steps.

Taeyong followed her, he glanced at the males again before going inside.

“Heol, that’s him.” Suga nodded.

“The articles were right then,” Hoseok shook his head as they headed for the entrance, Jimin let out a breath.

“His face is daebak.” Hoseok mused as they got in the restaurant, Jimin saw Haera and Taeyong being led to their table.

She paused before taking a seat, her eyes went to him. She gave a small smile before sitting down.

Jimin’s brows met briefly before heading for their reserved dining hall.

 

 

“Was that him?” Taeyong asked quietly, their table was a little secluded from the other guests.

“Yeah. The one with the beige hoodie.”

Taeyong bit his lip before speaking.

“What did you want to talk about?” Haera asked.

“It seems like the adults are really pushing this whole married thing on us, I just..want to make sure you don’t feel..more uncomfortable than you already are.”

“Are you talking about our living arrangements? I’m taking the couch.”

“Haera, d~”

“Don’t argue about it. It’s your room. Your bed.” She shrugged at him, Taeyong’s brows met briefly.

“How are we going do this? Do we really have to act like a couple in public?” She asked as she picked up the menu.

“Isn’t that your job?” Taeyong replied, Haera looked at him warily.

“You don’t have to do things if you feel uncomfortable about it, it’s fine. I’m sure we can cover it up.”

“With money.” She laughed, Taeyong sighed.

“I mean it, we’re both kind of the victims here, Yoo Haera.” Taeyong said.

“Well, that’s settled, we’re a couple in public.” She chuckled before leaning over the table and brushed his bangs upwards, Taeyong paused.

“That much I can do.” She explained with a nod.

“Do they have an instruction manual for this? How to be CEO’s wife?”

“It’s not funny. Stop.” Taeyong muttered, she laughed.

“I’m trying to ignore the fact that my boyfriend’s in the same building and that he saw us.” She shrugged at him.

Taeyong bit his lip before speaking.

“How about you invite your staff over tomorrow?”

“At your place?” Haera was confused.

“It’s better if they know too. And, him. Ask him to join us for late breakfast or something.”

“You’re just too serious to say brunch, huh?” Haera teased.

Taeyong sighed, Haera chuckled again.

“Will you do it, Yoo Haera? Or do I have to make the calls myself?”

“I’ll do it. So bossy.” She mumbled before picking up her phone, Taeyong smiled before shaking his head and calling for the waiter.

 

 

“Whoa, the power of Yoo Haera.” Jungkook said as he browsed on his phone, their president had not arrived yet and they were inside the private hall, waiting.

“What is it?” Jin asked.

“Photos of her and that Samsung guy are already all over the internet. Well, they are hot topic now.” Jungkook shrugged, he earned a slap on the lap from Taehyung.

“Be careful.” He muttered under his breath.

Jimin felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he took it out and halted.

It was a message from Haera.

Breakfast tomorrow? I think it’s better if we all sat down and talk.

I’ll text you the address.

Jimin smiled before typing a reply.

“What is it?”

“She wants to meet up tomorrow. Can I go?” He asked, Namjoon nodded.

“Send her my regards,”

Then the doors opened, Bang Sihyuk stepped in the room and the boys all stood up.

“I’m sorry for being late, kids.” He said before asking for them to sit down.

“Did you see outside? Yoo Haera and her husband. Whoa, at first I thought it was just all power play, like marriage for business or something,” He mused as he sat down.

Suga scratched the back of his head.

“But they seem to get along really well, I guess the rumors are true.” The male nodded.

“You followed that story too, PD-nim?” Namjoon chuckled awkwardly.

“Of course, she’s one of my favorite actresses.” He nodded, Jimin leaned back on his seat.

“She’s..pretty, right?” Jin trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

 

“The husband’s really lucky to have captured her heart then, they suit each other well.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++