037

Can We Be Friends?

 

Taeyong shifted on his seat as he faced the girl before him, he exhaled before starting to talk.

“Why are you here?”

“You know we have a lot to talk about, Taeyong-ah.”

“Look, Yoomi, you probably head everything I said. We shouldn’t even be talking.” Taeyoung said to her.

“So, that’s it? We’re done? She got in between us, Taeyong.” She argued, Taeyoung’s brows met briefly and he looked around them.

They were at the company’s cafeteria, he had decided that they talk here so that people would see them and they had witnesses.

“There was nothing to get in between to, Yoomi. You ran off.”

Yoomi started to shake her head and she leaned back on her seat.

“Yeah, the moment I did, you got me replaced. How do you think the media would react once they find out?”

“You wouldn’t…” Taeyong trailed off.

“I have nothing to lose, Taeyong.” Yoomi replied to him, she was aware of the employees staring at them.

“Well, that’s the statement of the century.” Another voice chimed in.

 

 

Johnny smiled as the girl stepped down from the plane, Haera had changed into a nice black and white mini dress and a pair of snakeskin stilettos.

“Johnny,” She waved at him as he approached her.

“I am here to accompany you to the city.” He gestured as he jutted his lips towards the helicopter waiting behind him.

“She’s crazy.” Haera commented as they approached the helicopter, Taeyong’s secretary walked towards her and helped her wrap the blanket around her legs as they reached the helicopter.

“I hope you have something that would get rid of her, she doesn’t seem to get the message.” Johnny said as he helped her climb up.

“But you don’t have to worry, I’m sure Taeyong’s team is already fixing all those rumors by now.”

Haera bit her lip and looked at her phone again, Yoomi’s appearance at the Samsung headquarters did start talk again. And she hated that.

“Did you do anything yet?” Johnny asked as the helicopter started to leave the ground.

“Not enough.” She replied with a small smirk.

 

 

“Well, that’s the statement of the century.”

Taeyong paused, his eyes went to the entrance, Haera was walking towards them with a small but sure smile on her face. Yoomi’s eyes widened as soon as she saw the actress.

“Hi.”

“Haera~” Taeyong stopped when the girl leaned over to kiss his cheek and sat on his lap. Yoomi paused and stared at Haera.

Employees started to murmur as they saw the girl, some were taking photos of the couple.

Taeyong sat up to support her weight, he could smell her familiar scent again and it comforted him. He leaned forward to touch her hair, he smiled.

“I’m sorry, were you not expecting to see me?” Haera grinned at her, Taeyong bit his lip and patted her back.

“Yes, I know, I’m sorry for being late.” She turned to face him with a playful smile.

“But, filming was a little delayed, Sehun oppa got the flu. And I wanted to rush here to see you.” She chuckled.

“Haera, I~”

“I don’t understand you, things were finally starting to settle down, why do you love trouble so much?” Her tone was flat.

“You don’t understand; I was here first. I was supposed to~” Yoomi’s phone started to ring, Haera smile appeared again as she read the caller ID.

“Work calls.” She hummed, Taeyong paused, something wasn’t right. Haera turned her head to meet his gaze again.

“I’m sorry.” She mouthed as she tried to wipe to lipstick stain off his cheek, he shook his head at her.

“You’re going to have to take that, right?” Haera faced Yoomi again as she stood up, Taeyong paused but he followed her.

“So, stop doing this. This wont do any of us good.” She looked at the girl again.

“If only you didn’t leave, if only you didn’t run off. Things….Things would have ended differently.”

Yoomi’s eyes widened as she read the message on her phone.

“You did this!” Yoomi yelled at her, Taeyong pulled Haera behind him.

“Yoomi, what are you saying?” He asked her.

“Your wife just got me fired. Great.” She spat as she stood up, bodyguards started to approach the couple, Haera smirked and looked at her.

“Start this kind of again, and I’ll do worse.” She pointed out before walking away from them, the bodyguards bowed to Taeyong before following the Yoo Banking Group heir.

Taeyong exhaled and looked at Yoomi again.

“Stop this, Yoomi. Please.”

 

 

Taeyong step inside in his office and loosened his tie, he paused when he saw Haera humming while chewing on something.

His brows went up.

“I asked your secretary to order some food. I’m hungry.” She murmured as she got another forkful of pasta again. Taeyong nodded and looked at the table, there were two large pizzas, two plates of pasta and a platter of curly fries.

“Hi, aren’t you going to welcome me back?” She looked at him while chewing.

“Hi, welcome back.” Taeyong chuckled before leaning over to kiss the crown of her head, she grinned at him before going back to her food.

“What happened, actress Yoo?” He asked as he sat down beside her.

“I heard about Yoomi being here, and I didn’t want you to..well, I didn’t want things to happen again. So I decided to interfere…a bit. Was I okay?” She frowned as she faced him.

“Oh my god, did I~”

“No, you didn’t, I’m glad you came.” Taeyong smiled at her and patted her hair. Haera paused and she set her pizza down.

“Where did that come from? Cold hearted Haera?”

“I…had to do it. It was…I needed her to..go away. I’m sorry if it was too much.” She said quietly, Taeyong bit his lip before pulling the girl towards him.

“It’s fine, Haera. I’m just happy you’re in town.” He said before wrapping his arms around her, Haera smiled and nodded.

“And, no, you didn’t interfere on anything. I actually liked that you did arrive.”

“I know, the whole sitting on your lap thing just erased a lot of rumors and~”

“No.” Taeyong pulled away and made the girl face him.

“I don’t care what they say, Haera. I don’t give a damn about those rumors, I..I’m just happy that you’re home and..you went to me first.” He his lips.

“Well, I figured that I should because~”

Taeyong smiled before leaving over to press his lips against hers, Haera paused briefly but she started to kiss him back. Taeyong chuckled, his lips moving against hers. Haera paused before pulling away from him.

“Well that cleared the air.” Taeyong said to her, Haera paused her forehead creased.

“Taeyong, what~”

“I love you, actress Yoo. That’s why I don’t care about the rumors and I don’t want to be friends anymore, all I need is you.” Taeyong cupped her cheek.

 

“Just you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++