023

Can We Be Friends?

 

“This is your idea of a date?” Yuta asked dryly, they were at a local restaurant that served grilled pork and beef.

“Taeyong, you married a top actress. Why are you bringing her here?” Johnny sighed, Haera chuckled before taking off her mask.

People immediately recognized her, Taeyong grinned before helping her cut the pork.

“Haera suggested that we eat here.”

“Heol, you sure are different, actress Yoo.” Yuta nodded at her.

“I mean, we haven’t really had the chance to talk, and, it’s Saturday. I got Taeyong to not go to work.” She chuckled.

“Is this his way of making up for that scandal?” Johnny laughed, Taeyong sent him a look.

“I’m telling you, Yoomi’s up to no good. What does she want now?” Yuta spoke frankly.

“Did she return the items she took?” Johnny asked carefully.

“How about if she doesn’t return, ever?” Yuta chimed in.

“Ya,” Haera frowned at the two.

“You can welcome her back, but don’t expect us to be as warm.” Yuta rolled his eyes before eating.

“I didn’t expect you to be.” Taeyong said.

“Why are you ganging up on him? He’s paying for our meal.” Haera said lightly.

“We’re just reminding to make good decisions, as capable as he is being Samsung’s president, he get confused with matter of the heart easily.” Yuta hummed, Taeyong ignored his friend.

“Nah, he’ll be okay. I’ll watch over him.” Haera volunteered, Johnny gave her a high five.

 

 

“Wow, can you imagine?” Kai recounted as he sat down beside his friend on the couch, Sehun looked up from his iPad.

“What?”

“Talk about Haera just wont die down, I mean, she’s always seen together with her husband. And people are loving it. Even the Samsung heir has his own fanpage.”

Sehun shook his head.

“Haera’s coming over tonight for practice,” Sehun stated.

“Jimin must feel really terrible about this.” Kai said happily, Sehun glanced at his friend and shook his head again. Kai was getting more vocal with his feelings regarding Jimin and Haera.

“Ya, he~”

“I mean, come on. How can he even fight that now? The guy’s~”

“Are you saying because he’s rich he should have Haera?” Sehun asked dryly.

“Ani, Haera deserves someone better.”

“And Taeyong is better?”

“Even one of the busiest and most exclusive men in our country has time for her and is willing to be seen with her in public, so why can’t Jimin do that?”

“Kai, comparing those two are~”

“He’s a businessman, Sehun. Now he has many eyes on him, but he’s okay with it. He’s going through all that for her.” Kai explained.

 

 

“My friends are a riot.” Taeyong said apologetically as they entered the mall, Haera shook her head.

“Better than Kai and Sehun oppa ganging up on me, you should be thankful you haven’t hung out Wendy yet.”

Taeyong nodded and took her hand.

“People are taking pictures, is that okay?” He asked her softly, as they passed by, mall goers would take out their phones and snap photos of Haera and him.

“It’s fine, pictures with you is fine.” She shrugged at him, then her eyes went to a boutique and she let go of him. Taeyong exhaled and he followed her, he took out his phone and started to call.

“Hey, what’s up?” Yoomi answered.

“Can I make up for dinner tonight?” He asked her with a small smile, he nodded for his guards to follow Haera into the store.

“Sounds great.” Yoomi chuckled.

“I’ll pick you at seven?” Taeyong asked.

“Yeah, see you. Take care.” She replied before ending the call, Taeyong walked into the store and found Haera eyeing a number of dresses.

“I have this dinner thing tonight with Yoomi. Will you be okay alone~”

“Yeah, I have to meet up with some Exo dudes for practice anyway.” She shrugged at him while rolling her eyes.

“You’re working on a Saturday night?” Taeyong gasped playfully. Haera snorted at him.

“I mentioned that awards night event, right? I have to perform with them.”

“You did,” Taeyong nodded quickly, then he looked at the pieces she was checking out.

“You should get those, it’ll look good on you.” Taeyong was gesturing towards the Dolce and Gabbana dresses.

“I’m not really~” Haera turned to him, but he had already disappeared.

“Taeyong~” She saw him standing by the counter, talking with the sales associates as he took out his credit card.

“You have those in her size, right?” Haera heard him as she walked to them.

“Yes, sir.”

“What if she needs readjustments?” Taeyong asked, Haera sighed before touching his arm, he blinked at her.

“Ya, don’t do this.” She whispered.

“How do I exactly please you, wife? You didn’t like the Bentley, now, you also don’t like clothes?” Taeyong said teasingly as the sales associates wrapped the purchases, they were smiling as they listened to the two.

Haera glared at him.

“So, you up for something sweet?” Taeyong asked before steering her away from the counter.

“Taeyong, you don’t really have to spend money on me, I can~”

“I know you can afford almost half of Seoul, Haera. But I don’t care. Just let me buy you things, you let me marry you, remember?” He chuckled before wrapping one arm around her.

“I don’t understand hyper Taeyong.” She muttered to herself.

 

 

Taeyong was standing before the mirror while fixing his tie, he was inside his walk-in closet.

“Hmm, hot date?” Haera was standing by the doorway, dressed in a pair of baggy denim jeans and a black crop top.

“Do you want me to ask the guards to deliver food at your company?” Taeyong offered as he picked up his coat.

“Will you be staying out late?” He asked again, Haera laughed.

“I’ll take the food, but nothing too oily. No junk.” She recounted before crossing the room to fix the lapel of his coat.

“And, please, just two guards.” She begged, Taeyong chuckled.

“Call me if you need anything. I’ll just be around downtown.” He said to her.

“I wont call you. You’re on a date. An unscripted one.” She .

Taeyong smiled before kissing her cheek.

“You can call me, it’s okay.” He said before stepping out of the room, Haera heard the front door shut close and she walked back to her room to grab her backpack.

Haera exhaled as she stopped by the living room, her eyes were on their wedding portrait hung on the wall.

 

 

“It’s getting too real, it’s scary.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++