039

Can We Be Friends?

“Yes!”

Kai looked up from the counter, Taeyong paused and glanced at the staircase worriedly.

“Was that Haera?” Yuta asked, Sehun elbowed Kai and they both grinned.

“Is she~”

“You guys!” Haera said as she bounded down the stairs, she almost collided with their butler on her way to the kitchen.

“I got them!” She jumped excitedly, Kai shook his head in embarrassment.

“I don’t know her.” Kai said to Johnny and Yuta.

“I got tickets, Taeyong.” She broadcast proudly.

“Well, naturally you would, Haera.” Sehun mused as he picked up another sliced apple.

“Tickets to what?” Taeyong removed his apron and walked towards her, Haera was holding onto her phone with a huge grin on her face.

“I got us tickets to Super Show 7!”

“Aren’t you from the same..company? Getting tickets wont be difficult for you.” Johnny blinked at her, then he looked at the two idols questioningly.

“Yup.” Sehun nodded solemnly.

“We’re going, right? You’ll clear your schedule?” Haera questioned Taeyong in a serious tone, Kai started to laugh.

“Super Junior is Super Junior, stop laughing, Exo.” She glared at her friends, Yuta guffawed.

“Yes, we’re going. Wow, you love them more than me.” Taeyong mused back as he checked the oven again.

“Of course, duh.” She rolled her eyes before sitting beside Kai, the Samsung boss chuckled and handed her a glass of wine. 

 

 

“Well, last shoot before the break. I’m glad you’re finally taking one.” Honghyun commented as Haera slid down from the makeup chair.

“Taeyong’s not exactly pleased about it.” She mused as she walked towards the platform.

“I think I know why.” Her manager chuckled as he followed her.

The shoot would last for six hours and it started at two a.m., and Taeyong hated ungodly hours.

“He has a van waiting outside and six bodyguards, Haera. He makes SM looks small.” He chuckled as the director waved Haera over.

“Look at her,” Sion said as she approached the male, they both watched as Haera faced the camera with a smile on her face.

“She’s happier. Probably the happiest I’ve seen her.” She nodded.

“Well, like you said, our Haera’s married a literal prince charming.” Honghyun chuckled.

“Remember when we used to cover for her and Jimin? They used to visit this coffee place.”

“Kai hated the guy. If people ever knew, can you imagine the intensity of the fan wars it would start.” Sion smiled to herself.

“I don’t he hated him, he just knew he wasn’t the right one for her. You know how they’ve been friends ever since.”

Haera started to speak in front of the camera.

“Now I’m getting flashbacks of that fateful day. Haera being dragged to the wedding without her knowing, we were panicking over it. Then we realized she was being married off to a Samsung heir. Not just any heir, but the president.”

Sion chuckled.

“And look at her now, she’s happily married to a childhood friend. We can totally write a romcom drama for this.” Honghyun chortled.

“I can hear you two!” Haera called them out, the cameraman chuckled.

 

 

Taeyong shook his head as he tossed the folder on the desk.

“So, you think this is enough? That’s it?” He questioned, his gaze went to the three operational heads in front of him. His secretary winced and slowly left the room.

“No, this is one of our most important showcases, and you decide to choose mediocre concepts?”

“But, president, we were short on time and managing~”

“You had two months.” Taeyong cut him off, they exhaled and looked away.

“I need this fixed before the end of the week. You can say goodbye to your offices if this one~”

“Is this a bad time?” A voice echoed from the doors, Haera was peeking by the double doors with a small hesitant smile on her face.

“You may go.” Taeyong loosened his tie and stood up, the three males hurried away from his desk and exited the room.

Haera paused and glanced at them briefly.

“Did you get some sleep?” Taeyong asked as he walked towards her.

“I did, I figured I should ask you out for dinner?” She murmured jokingly, Taeyong chuckled before kissing the top of her head.

“To celebrate my joblessness for the next couple of months.” She nodded before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“What do you feel like eating?” He asked as Haera pulled back.

“Anything fatty. I’m down for carbs too.” She chuckled, Taeyong snorted and took her hand.

“I guess I’ll have to take the day off then.”

“Of course, you have to take the day off. I took an indefinite leave from work to hang out with you.”

“You mean to drag me to every concert you want to go to?” Taeyong asked dryly, Haera chuckled and pulled him out of his office.

 

 

“I’ve never even seen you holding our light stick.” Chanyeol commented as Haera plopped down beside Kai, Taeyong followed her.

“You have a light stick?” Haera stared at her best friend, Kai ignored her. Taeyong chuckled and leaned back on his seat.

“Concert’s about to start in thirty minutes, did you get backstage? Heechul sunbae was expecting for you to come say hi.” Sehun stated over the noise.

“We did.” Haera nudged Kai with her Super Junior light stick, he glared at her.

“I never got a light stick from you.” She reasoned.

“We’re going to have to apologize for them, they can be so petty sometimes.” Chanyeol explained to Taeyong.

“I noticed.” The Samsung executive mused back and placed his hand on Haera’s bac as she spoke to Kai.

“I sent you one, Haera, the moment it came out.”

“You did?” Haera blinked at him, Sehun laughed.

“Just enjoy the concert, samonim. Stop bothering Exo.” Kai looked away from him, Haera smiled and just bumped the side of her head with his.

“I did receive it, I’m just messing with you, Nini.”

“Aren’t you hungry? There’s probably a food stand outside.” Taeyong said to her, Haera shook her head.

“No, are you really okay with this? People will probably take photos of us.” She faced him, Taeyong nodded.

“This is okay. It’s my first Super Show.” Taeyong mused back, Haera nodded and leaned against him.

“Admit it, you’re happy I took a break from work, huh? Despite the whole you being supportive about my acting career, you love that I walk in your office unannounced all the time, right?”

“I won’t lie. Yes.” Taeyong replied and pulled her closer to him.

“Does that mean I get to drive Huracan around?”

“Without your security detail?” Taeyong’s nose scrunched.

“Taeyong,” She sent him a look, he chuckled and nodded.

“Yes, you can. It’s yours anyway.”

“Hmm, that’s why I love you, president Lee.” She beamed at him.

“Because I got you a Huracan?” Taeyong blinked at her, Haera snorted before pressing her lips against hers briefly.

“Haera, you were the one who said people might be taking photos of us.” Taeyong murmured, Haera shrugged.

“It’s not like we’re dating in secret anyway.”

Taeyong smiled and simply took her hand in his as the stadium lights dimmed down.

 

“I love you too, Yoo Haera.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END (06/12/2018)

THANK YOU EVERYONE! :>