034

Can We Be Friends?

Haera puffed her cheeks as she sat down on the couch, she could hear her two managers chatting with Taeyong in the kitchen.

She was dressed simply, in a pair of ripped jeans and a white turtleneck sweater. She looked at the two pairs of shoes before her.

“Are we eating at somewhere fancy or..” Her eyes went to her Versace stilettos then to the Balenciaga sneakers.

She glanced behind her and shook her head again.

“Just why is he here? He’s usually busy. He didn’t even call in advance.” She muttered to herself and leaned back on the couch again.

“Are you ready?”

Haera tensed on her seat, Taeyong went around the couch and faced her.

“I think sneakers would be better.” He grinned at her.

“Oh, okay, I’ll just~”

Taeyong knelt down and picked up the Balenciagas, Haera halted.

“I can do it~”

“Come on.” Taeyong gestured for her feet, Haera’s forehead creased.

“Come on, actress Yoo.” Taeyong nudged her, she gave him a small nod. Taeyong chuckled and helped her with her shoes.

“Where are we eating?” She asked as Taeyong tied the laces.

“I was thinking we eat somewhere by the seaside. Is that cool?” He looked up.

“Y—Yeah, totally.”

Taeyong stood up. Haera grabbed her purse and glanced behind her, she balked when she realized Sion had been taking photos of them.

“SM will be so proud of you, unnie.” She called before heading for the front door.

Taeyong laughed and followed her.

 

 

“Imagine actually ending up with someone who doesn’t enjoy seafood.” Haera mused as their food was served.

“That would be so sad then.” Taeyong mused as he started to crack crab claws.

“How was filming today?”

“It wasn’t that bad, probably working with a labelmate made it easier.”

Taeyong nodded. Haera picked out a clam then she paused and exhaled.

“Tell me honestly, what brings you here? I am aware how busy you are, your secretary mentioned it.”

Taeyong paused briefly, and he continued to eat.

“Taeyong-ah, if this is about that scandal, I’m okay now. It did cause trouble, but you don’t have to do this.” She reasoned.

“It’s not that.” Taeyong picked up a napkin and wiped his lips.

“Do you want me to fly home instead?” He asked her, Haera blinked.

“No, no, I just don’t understand why you’re suddenly here.” She said carefully.

“Is it really that unbelievable that I just wanted to see if you’ve settled in well?” He asked her before cracking another crab open, Haera blinked at him. He grinned at her before placing some on her plate.

She glanced to her left, some of the customers were taking photos of them.

“And no, this isn’t to help with PR.” He said, Haera chuckled.

“Fine, I’ll let this slide then, president.”

Taeyong grinned at her before reaching across the table to touch her hair.

“I came here for you. Just you.”

 

 

“So, you’re playing matchmaker now?” Sehun asked as he picked up the call.

“Well, it did work, right?”

“I managed to memorize the script you gave me,”

Kai snorted.

“It did, I heard that Taeyong is in Jeju, he met Honghyun hyung and Sion noona earlier. He even ordered dinner for them.” Sehun grinned as he plopped down on the bed.

“That’s good then.”

“Well, he has to be good for causing all that .” Sehun rolled her eyes.

“Let’s just hope Jimin doesn’t cause any trouble.”

“He wouldn’t dare, Taeyong will literally chew him up.” Sehun cackled.

“How was she?”

“Haera? She’s her usual self, but, she did seem a little unfocused.”

He heard Kai sigh from the other line.

“You can stop worrying about her,”

“I just don’t want her to get hurt again.” Kai muttered.

“Trust me, that Samsung dude will never hurt her. And, no one would probably try hurting her.”

“I hear reporters are a little careful when it comes to writing articles about her.” Kai stated.

“Well, Samsung has their own legal team.” Sehun laughed.

 

 

Taeyong and Haera stepped out of the restaurant, he had one arm around her as they approached his car.

“Is everything alright?” Taeyong asked her as they reached the Huracan, Haera stopped and faced him.

“I mean, I get that you wanted to rest, but it seemed rushed, Haera. That…got me worried.”

“So, now you finally spill?” She grinned at him, Taeyong shrugged at her.

“Uhmm, after that..thing blew up with you and Yoomin, things..went a little haywire for me too. I mean, not just my public life, but,” She trailed off.

“I just realized that things were getting too much, I wanted to..run away for a bit.”

Taeyong nodded, Haera exhaled and leaned back against the car. He started to shake off his coat and placed it around her shoulders.

“And, things with Jimin weren’t doing so well, and…so I decided to…end things with him.”

Taeyong nodded, Haera looked away and bit her lip.

“I wanted to tell you but I knew you were preoccupied with the whole Yoomi thing and I didn’t want to get in the way of that.”

“You never did, Haera.” Taeyong stated, she paused and looked at him.

“You kind of have to stop being so nice, Lee Taeyong. It’s unsettling.” She scrunched her nose at him. Taeyong shook his head and just cupped both of her cheeks in his hands.

“I would have wanted you to tell me, I would have listened.”

“I didn’t want to bother you.” She murmured, Taeyong didn’t speak, he wrapped his arms around her.

“What? You are never a bother, actress Yoo.” He said warmly before kissing the side of her head.

“Even if I barge in a meeting?” She asked, Taeyong’s deep chuckles actually felt comforting to her.

“Yeah, even if I’m in a meeting.”

Haera pulled back and actually waved at some of the youngsters who were taking photos of them.

“You still don’t like that, huh?” She mused at Taeyong who had briefly glanced behind them.

“I’m getting used to it.”

“I’m going to call the company about it. Don’t worry.” Haera mussed his hair playfully.

“Can I drive the Huracan? Is this new?” She blinked at him.

“I got it last week, here.” Taeyong handed the key fob to her.

“You give in way too much.” She mused at him as Taeyong opened the car’s door for her.

“You can even have it.” He smirked at her, Haera rolled her eyes at him. Taeyong chuckled and just gestured for her to get in.

“Ya, people might hear you. What will they think?”

“It’s still yours if you want it.” He mused at her before closing the door.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++