011

Can We Be Friends?

Haera leaned back on the couch as Jimin switched games on the PlayStation, she glanced at the Cartier timepiece on her wrist, her brows met briefly.

“What do you want to play? Left 4 Dead?” He asked while mussing her hair, Haera nodded back, she started to scratch the back of her head, then she halted.

“Oh no,” She muttered as she hurriedly stood up, Jimin looked at her, confused.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he followed the girl, Haera was was slipping on her Vans, she grabbed her coat from the rack.

“I almost forgot.” She said apologetically, Jimin paused.

“We have this party tonight, and I think I’m running late.” She frowned while trying to put on her jacket.

“Party?” Jimin asked her while handing her bag.

“Jung Banking Group’s party. Taeyong told me about a few days back. I’m sorry, I need to go.” She took his hand in hers, Jimin’s brows met briefly but he nodded.

“Can..you still make it?” He asked her.

“I have to make it. See you soon?” Haera smiled before kissing his cheek, then she ran out of the door.

Jimin exhaled and shook his head.

"He lets her run around just to save face.” He said to himself before heading back to the living room.

 

 

Taeyong looked around him again, he fidgeted slightly. He had arrived at the party on time, and as soon as he got in, colleagues asked him about his wife. And he had to come up with a lie, claiming that Haera had a shoot to finish.

But he knew from the way reporters hounded him outside, that talk would start again. Because he arrived without Yoo Haera on his arm.

“Ya, relax. I’m sure they understand. Haera’s on demand  right now.” Yuta said to him.

“I’m not worried about that, but talk will start again. It won’t be good for her.” Taeyong replied.

“Jaehyun’s taking over in a few months. Haera will be proud.” Taeyong said, an attempt to switch topics.

Johnny grinned.

“She doted on him a lot, huh? Back in high school.”

“We lived in the same street, they always did~”

The room turned quiet, some of the guests craned their necks as they heard reporters going crazy outside.

“Haera-ssi! Look this way please!”

“Is it true that you still had filming?”

“How is it? Being Samsung’s lady?”

Taeyong moved forward, then he saw her, Haera had a smile on her face as she faced the reporters, she was wearing a nice blood red mini dress that reached her thighs and covered her arms and her black hair was curled nicely.

“Yes, I still have filming. Were you disappointed?” She chuckled, the reporters laughed back.

“So, stop talking about it. I already feel bad that I let Taeyong come alone. I had to rush here. Can you at least Photoshop my makeup? I feel like it’s cakey.” She joked again.

“There’s no need, Haera-ssi. Your photos always come out nice.” One replied, Haera thanked them before heading to the doors, she paused when she saw Taeyong.

“Hi,” She chirped as she reached him, Taeyong blinked before offering on hand to her.

“Tardy bride?” Yuta mused at them, Haera chuckled.

“I’m sorry, I lost track of time.” She said quietly as Taeyong pulled her into the room, people started to greet them.

“It’s fine.” Taeyong squeezed her hand, he glanced at her side profile briefly.

“But, how do I look? Pretty?” She asked him while gesturing to her outfit, Taeyong started to grin.

“Is this a trick question?”

“Well, I forgot I had to incorporate my outfits with you, I was worried when I realized this dress may be too short for a CEO’s wife.” She whispered to him, but he just shook his head.

“You can wear whatever makes you comfortable. I like this dress. Pretty.” Taeyong replied with a nod. Haera smiled at him.

“You don’t look so bad yourself, Taeyongie.”

“Noona, you’re here.” Jaehyun walked towards them, Haera smiled before hugging the younger male.

“Happy birthday, my baby Jung!” She greeted him, Taeyong smiled to himself.

“I’ll get you something to drink.” He said before running his fingers through the tips of her hair, then he stepped away.

Other guests just smiled as they watched the two.

 

 

“Tonight marks a symbolic event for Jung Banking Group, as president Jung Jaewook passes down responsibility to his son and announces that his grandson, director Jung Jaehyun will be managing main branches this year,”

The girl sitting in front of her dressing table paused, and faced the TV screen again.

The party was attended by many important figures, including the talk of the town. Young actress Yoo Haera who recently surprised the nation with her marriage to Samsung’s current head, Lee Taeyong.

A clip of Haera walking on the red carpet appeared, she had a pleasant smile on her face as she spoke to the reporters.

The girl paused, her fingers curling over the bottle of face cream on her hands.

How is it, Haera-ssi? How has married life been treating you?

It’s perfect, actually. We don’t really have problems, it doesn’t feel like my life changed because I’ve known Taeyong my whole life.

“How funny.” The girl shook her head, then the camera panned over to where Taeyong was standing, waiting for his wife to finish.

Then Haera started to walk towards him, he smiled as she reached him. The girl exhaled before switching off the TV and leaving her room.

 

 

“How is it? Not bad?” Haera asked as she peeked at Yuta’s phone.

“Articles are already out?” Another male joined them, Haera blinked at him.

“Oh, Haera, this is Johnny.” Taeyong spoke, Haera nodded.

“Ah, that Seo Youngho.” She smiled before offering her hand.

“It’s nice to finally meet the replacement bride.” Johnny grinned at her.

“So, you weren’t at the wedding, aigoo, what kind of friend are you?” She mused back, Taeyong chuckled.

“She got you.” Yuta laughed before giving the girl a high-five.

“Good, I like you. We’ll get along just perfectly.” Johnny laughed, then Haera started to look around, her phone started to ring in her purse and she took it out.

Haera looked at the screen, her forehead creased for a brief moment.

Jimin

Taeyong noticed her discomfort, he gently took her hand in his before speaking.

“Your mother’s here.”

“I know, she wanted to talk.” She rolled her eyes, then she looked at him.

“Oh, this, I like.” She mused before fixing the lapels of his Versace suit with her free hand, Yuta’s brows went up.

“Where were you? Out?”

“I was at Jimin’s. I’m really sorry about that.”

“How did you get here? Did you drive?”

“Ani, I took a cab.” She shrugged, Taeyong paused.

“A cab? We aring that?” Taeyong questioned.

“Well, yeah. I had to go to the company to change and have my makeup done, and I didn’t want to disturb oppa on his day off, so~”

“I had a driver assigned to you. Why didn’t you call him?” He replied, Johnny grew amused.

“But you were already here, having two cars~”

“Next time, call him. Don’t take cabs.” Taeyong said, Haera bit her lip before nodding.

 

“Or you can take the Bentley.” He teased, Haera snorted at him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++