018

Can We Be Friends?

 

“You’ve gotten more offers this month,”

Haera nodded from her seat, two of SM’s higher-ups were inside with them in the conference room.

“I still have that drama filming in a few weeks and the movie I have to film with Sehun oppa, so it’s a lot to think about.” Haera replied.

“Yes, her schedule is quite packed up to May.” Her manager nodded.

The executive nodded back.

“Then, you can decide. We think this project with Nam Joohyuk will do you well, don’t you two already know each other? From your CFs?”

“Yes, I worked with him last year.” Haera replied, she felt her phone vibrate in her joggers’ pocket.

“Then, we can decide on everything by April, take it easy, Haera. And best wishes.” The two men shook her hand before leaving the room.

Haera stepped out of the room and she took out her phone, she read the message and she grinned.

“Are you still going back to work out?” Honghyun asked her.

“Aniyo, appa just messaged me, he wants to meet up.”

“Right, he was out of town during the wedding, right?”

“Yeah, you don’t need to drive me, oppa.” Haera said as they reached the elevator.

“I know that, your husband gave you a Bentley.” He rolled his eyes aata her, Haera chuckled as the doors closed before him.

 

 

Taeyong loosened his tie and leaned back on his seat, he had documents waiting to be signed, but he couldn’t focus.

“So, why are you back now?”

“Because I regret it. I regret everything.”

“I want you back, Taeyong.”

“Don’t do this, I don’t want any trouble.”

“You deserve someone better. Someone at your level.”

“Yoomi~”

“Come back to me, Taeyong.”

He put his phone away and closed his eyes, he heard the doors to his office open, his forehead creased.

“I already said I wouldn’t be receiving anyone~”

“You don’t scare me, Samsung.”

He opened his eyes, Johnny had strolled into the room, Taeyong sighed and swiveled his chair away from his desk.

“I heard something strange,” He started, Taeyong exhaled.

“Yoomi’s in town again. And she was at that shoot you did with Haera.”

“I know,” Taeyong stood up, Johnny grew amused at his reply.

“What did she want? Obviously, she was there to~”

“Youngho, I don’t want to talk about it.” Taeyong stated before sitting down across him, Johnny smirked and he leaned back on the couch.

“What brings you here?” Taeyong asked.

“I’m here for Lotte, we have that quarterly meeting today, did you forget?” Johnny blinked at him.

“Just what the hell is bothering you now? You forgot about the meeting?” Johnny started to laugh, Taeyong ignored him, he just stood up to get his coat and left the office.

Johnny smiled to himself as he followed the male.

“I’m guessing she can still shake you. I don’t think that’s good.” He murmured to himself before joining Taeyong in the elevator.

 

 

Haera’s mom was standing by the windows, she saw the a white Bentley Continental roll in the property.

“What are you hiding for?” Her husband mused from the couch, he was browsing through a lifestyle magazine.

“It’s been weeks since we last saw her face, what if she’s still~”

“First of all, Haera and I have no problem with each other. I’m not the one who forced her to get married.”

The lady glared at her husband, then the doors opened, the family butler led Haera in.

“Appa!” Haera beamed as she ran to the male, her mother rolled her eyes as her daughter hugged her husband.

“Aigoo, i just leave for a few months and now you’re married when I get back? I feel bad, I shouldn’t have left you in your mother’s care, daughter.” He chuckled before kissing the top of her head.

“Right? “Mother of the year award” goes to? Definitely not to your wife.” Haera pointed out.

“You two! Stop it!”

Haera chuckled.

“Stop fretting, eomma. I’m not over it yet, but, I have to live it.” Haera rolled her eys before walking to her mother.

“Oppa? Is he still at work?” Haera asked before hugging her mother.

“Yes, I tried calling him earlier, he’s not picking up.”

Haera frowned but she nodded back, then her mother stepped out of the living room, obviously heading straight to the kitchen.

“Your mother was so worried you wouldn’t come today,”

“I only came because I heard you were finally home,” Haera chuckled while facing her stepfather, he smiled back at her before taking out a large paper bag.

“Here, for you.”

“Appa, you didn’t have to.” She said in shyly before taking it, the elder chuckled.

Haera started to take out the contents of the bag, her mother had met Ji Sangkyu when she was five years old and they had immediately clicked, while Haera’s biological father passed away just months after she was born, he had a son from a previous marriage who was eight years Haera’s senior.

“Whoa, it really is nice that eomma chose you.” Haera joked as she took out piles and piles of imported sweets and two leather purses.

“I knew I had to make up for missing your wedding.” He joked back, Haera sent him a look.

“How is it? I don’t see Taeyong.” He asked as he sat down beside her, Haera stilled.

“Taeyong.” She blurted.

“Surely, you invited your husband, right? I mean, this is a family lunch, my daughter.”

Haera blinked at her father, he started to shake his head.

“Such a disappointment to this family, really. This young lady, why is she~”

“Alright, I’m calling him. Sheesh.” She said darkly as she stood up and started to dial Taeyong’s number, her father just laughed on his seat before arranging the chocolates for her.

 

 

Taeyong felt his phone vibrate in his coat pocket as the meeting went on, his brows furrowed for a brief moment and he took it out.

Haera

He glanced beside him before rejecting her call, he quickly a typed a quick message telling her that he was at a meeting and asked if she needed anything.

You’re at meeting? I’m sorry! –Haera

Taeyong shook his head before typing another message again, he was asking her what was so wrong.

I forgot to tell you that we have lunch at my parents’ place.

But it’s fine, it’s my fault. Go back to your meeting. –Haera

Taeyong’s brows rose as he read her reply, he chewed on his lower lip before clearing his

throat, he could feel the people in the room divert their gazes on him.

“Is something wrong, president?”

“I have an urgent matter to attend to,” Taeyong started to stand, the other directors stood up

also, Johnny caught his gaze briefly.

“You can continue on without me, I’ll have secretary Song record the meeting for me.” Taeyong

bowed politely before leaving the room.

Taeyong made his way to the elevator, his guards escorted him to the lobby.

“I’ll be driving myself.” He announced as they reached the doors, then he noticed a red MercedesBenz

pull over before them.

Then he saw Yoomi slide down from the vehicle, his guards glanced at each other in confusion. Yoomi

made her way towards him, she walked through the revolving doors and reached him.

“You were ignoring my calls the whole day,” She said conversationally, Taeyong shook his head at her.

“I have somewhere to be at,” Taeyong was about to sidestep her, but Yoomi took his arm, he halted.

“Yoomi, we’re at the lobby.” Taeyong stated as he took one step away from her.

“Taeyong, no matter how much you push me back, I will still be here. I will still try to win you back.”

Taeyong glanced at his guards behind him, they started to move, covering other people’s view of him

and Yoomi.

“Are you trying to make a scene?” Taeyong’s tone turned cold, she was getting in the way. And he didn’t like it.

“You aren’t thinking of staying with her for long, right? I mean, she’s a celebrity.” Yoomi stared at him, Taeyong exhaled.

“It’s none of your business now, Yoomi. Now, move.” Taeyong stated, Yoomi started to shake her head, he paused when he saw tears roll down her cheeks.

“What will it take for you to forgive me? I will return the jewels, I can make a public apology, I can straighten things up, I~”

Taeyong exhaled before looking away.

“Sir,” His guards spoke, it was a signal for him.

“Get the Rover.” Taeyong stated, one of them started to talk on their earpieces.

Yoomi bit her lip before looking away from him, Taeyong faced her again before handing her his handkerchief.

“Yoomi, you should understand that things will never be the same again, you left me. And I had to marry Haera because of that.”

“Are you really going to choose her over me?” Yoomi asked him, Taeyong could only stare back at her, then he saw his white Range Rover roll down the curb.

 

“Get in the car, I’ll drive you home.” Taeyong stated before taking her arm and pulling her to the car.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++