038

Can We Be Friends?

Haera stood by the counter and watched as Taeyong moved around the kitchen, she bit her lip before facing her iPad again.

“Wow, so you came home for me? I’m touched.” Her brother rolled his eyes on the screen, she smiled sheepishly.

“Actually, I almost forgot. I kinda…flew home to see Taeyong, but yeah, I guess I thought about your party too.”

Taeyong laughed as he placed the meat on the skillet.

“Now, I feel so loved, thank you, sister.” Changwook grunted, Haera smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, oppa. I’ll be there first thing in the morning, you better clear your schedule for me.” She said before Changwook ending the call. Taeyong turned to her again.

“You flew home to see me?” He said in a teasing tone.

Haera groaned, Taeyong chuckled before walking towards the girl. Haera puffed her cheeks as she checked her schedule on the phone.

“You didn’t really have to leave filming for me, I would have handled it.” He said quietly.

“Aniya, I wanted to do it. I keep on letting you do the dirty work, it’s unfair.” She shrugged as she faced him, Taeyong nodded and placed his palms on her waist.

Haera blinked at him, he smiled before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

“Thank you for coming home, actress Yoo. The house was so boring without you.” He winked at her, Haera snorted.

“I just leave for a few weeks and your ex fiancé starts trouble again, I worry about you, Samsung.”

“Oh, are we talking about exes now?” Taeyong mused back, Haera immediately shut .

“You can go wash up, dinner will be ready in a few.” Taeyong said as he let go of her and walked back to the stove. Haera smiled to herself before walking to the stairs.

“Wait, Taeyong, I want~”

“Medium rare, I know!” He called back. Haera chuckled before going inside their room.

 

 

“I must say,” Kai commented as he browsed through the photos, Haera was seated across him, annoyed.

They were at the company, Haera had just finished speaking with higher ups, and while they were a little uncomfortable of her public display of affection, they still supported her idea on having a break from show business.

“I’m impressed.” Kai finished as he handed the printouts to her, Haera looked at the photos again, she winced.

They were paparazzi shots of her kissing Taeyong and sitting on his lap at his company’s cafeteria.

“Stop it.” She muttered before pushing the photos away, Kai grinned and looked at her.

“How are things?” He asked her, Haera put her phone aside.

“I still feel a little uncomfortable of what I did, Kai. I asked her company to fire her.”

“You mean, you threatened the company to fire her.” Kai corrected, Haera eyed him warily.

“Not helping.”

Kai chuckled and plopped down beside her.

“Look, Haera, you were just trying to protect what’s yours. And, have you forgotten what that girl did? She almost destroyed your career and damaged Taeyong’s reputation.”

“I know, but…didn’t I already have it coming? Kai, I was the one who told Taeyong to talk to her, I didn’t want to~”

“Yes, you didn’t want to get in between them, but he’s always liked you. Not her.”

Haera bit her lip and looked at the windows again.

“Haera, it’s not bad to use your..advantages over others, I mean, I know you. You’re never the type to be vengeful, you just wanted to protect Taeyong. And that was your solution because that Yoomi person was overdoing it and she would most likely cause more trouble in the future.”

“You always take my side, Kim Jongin. It’s amazing.” She mused back at him, Kai snorted.

“You mean, I literally have to clean up after you?”

“Ya, I help you out too! You were literally wearing the same Converse sneakers~”

“I get it, now go to your Samsung husband, I have practice.” He said as he stood up, Haera picked up her purse.

“I’ll see you this weekend, right?” She asked him.

“I’ll bring wine.” Kai chuckled before giving his friend a hug, Haera chuckled and mussed his hair.

“I’m glad you decided to take a hiatus, you need it.” Kai winked before heading towards the elevators.

 

 

Changwook looked up as he heard the double doors slide open, Haera’s smiling face appeared and he exhaled.

“I cannot tie this!” He complained as he tossed the bowtie on the table.

“Oppa, come on, stop whining.” She grinned at him as she picked up the bowtie and walked towards her older brother.

“I just don’t understand why we need to throw a party for it.” He grumbled as Haera tied his bowtie for him, the girl snorted.

“Well, it took appa years just to persuade to step in the company building, and now you’re finally CEO.”

“I only took that~”

“I know, you felt guilty because he was getting tired from all the work, but look at you, filial son of the year.” She as she patted on the lapels of his coat.

“How are things with Taeyong?” Changwook asked her, Haera smiled.

“We’re okay, oppa.”

“Okay, as in…You finally accepted that you have feelings for your husband?”

“I’ve always been open about that. Well, to you.” She shrugged before picking up a grape from the coffee table.

“Well, now, you’re finally away from the spotlight,” Changwook started.

“Nope, I am not going to help you with work, oppa. I don’t even help eomma with Yoo Banking.” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Whoa, you’re very gutsy now with Samsung backing you up.” Changwook snorted.

“Who’s backing her up?” Taeyong walked into the room, Haera chuckled.

“Hyung, congratulations.” He shook the older male’s hand, Haera stuck her tongue out at her sibling.

“You’re here to pick up the toddler?” Changwook asked Taeyong, the latter chuckled before taking Haera’s hand in his.

“Well, kind of. We’ll see you downstairs, hyung.” Taeyong chuckled before pulling Haera with him, Changwook smiled to himself as he watched the two leave.

 

 

“Look at eomma and appa, they’re celebrating.” Haera said as she looked at her mother and stepfather.

“It’s nice that hyung finally decided to take over.” Taeyong commented as they walked towards their table, Haera looked around them and she smiled to herself.

“I invited my friends over for dinner this weekend, is that okay?”

“Yeah, sure.” Taeyong gave her hand a small squeeze.

“Taeyong, when you said…that you didn’t want to be friends anymore, I~”

“I don’t want to be just your friend, Haera. That’s what I meant.” Taeyong grinned as he stood in front of her.

“I know that, I just, are you really sure you want to date a celebrity? Taeyong, being with me will cause you~”

“I’m already married to one.” Taeyong blinked at her, Haera sighed.

“You know what I mean, Taeyong.” She frowned, but Taeyong was smiling as he placed his palms on her waist.

“I know, being with you will put me through public scrutiny, people will now look at me differently, I’m not just some Samsung heir they used to ignore, but now, I’m Yoo Haera’s husband, the same Yoo Haera who happens to be one of SM’s beauties.”

“I’m not joking.”

“Haera, I know what I’m doing, and most importantly, I know what I want.”

Haera bit her lip and met his gaze evenly.

“I just want you. I don’t care about the eyes on me, I can handle that. I…I just need you to stay. I mean, I’m not forcing you to, but I want you to know that you’re special to me.”

“I had a feeling I meant something to you.” She started to grin.

“Hmm, really? I thought you didn’t like the Huracan.” He said teasingly as he pressed his forehead against hers.

“Is it wrong if I tell you that I kinda like you too at my brother’s party?” She murmured, Taeyong laughed and kissed the tip of her nose.

“Wouldn’t that officially make me a cliché? Young actress marries rich chaebol son?” She blinked at him, Taeyong rolled his eyes at her.

“We’re good, right? I mean, I can kiss you in public?” Taeyong asked her, Haera chuckled.

“In case you haven’t noticed, SM is kind of terrified of you.”

 

“Well, being Samsung’s president finally paid off.” He murmured before pressing his lips against hers.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++