026

Can We Be Friends?

 

“Whoa, should I take a photo to commemorate this?” Haera asked as she stepped out of the building, her brother threw her a sheepish grin.

“It’s fine, this is my brother.” She spoke to the two bodyguards.

“Then, samonim, will you be riding with us?”

“No, I’ll be having dinner with my brother. Don’t worry, I’ll call Taeyong to inform him.” She said with a smile as she walked towards Changwook.

The older male watched as the two males retreated, they got in a black Range Rover and it sped away from the parking lot.

“Hmm. Taeyong’s got you on surveillance?”

“No, just for safety. He worries too much, it’s totally unnecessary.” She shrugged before giving him a hug, Changwook smiled.

“Shall oppa take out for dinner?”

“Just something light, I have to~”

“Haera-yah,”

Haera paused, she looked to her right, only to find a familiar hooded figure making his way towards them. Changwook paused, his brows rose up.

“Can we talk?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be out of town?”

Jimin exhaled before pulling his hood down, his eyes went to Changwook.

“Can I talk to her for a bit? No one will see us.” He said in a rude tone, Haera exhaled.

“I can’t be seen with you, Jimin. You know that.” Haera stepped back from him, but Jimin caught her arm.

“I was actually expecting to see you with Taeyong, but now it’ another man.” He said to her, Haera topped.

“Let go.” Haera met his gaze evenly.

“You’ve been ignoring my calls and text, Haera. What do you want me to do?” He said to her, Haera exhaled. Changwook looked away uncomfortably.

“Still not letting go?” Haera tried to pull her hand away, but Jimin wouldn’t budge.

“Park Jimin!”

“You don’t understand, Haera, he’s just~”

“Hyung?”

 

 

Taeyong was smiling as he approached the older male, Changwook grinned back at him.

“Lee Taeyong!”

“How long have~” He paused when he saw Haera and Jimin. The girl looked aggravated, his eyes went to Jimin’s hold on Haera, Taeyong’s brows knitted briefly.

“Hyung?” Jimin repeated.

“That’s my brother, genius.” Haera finally took her arm away from his grip, Jimin stilled. Taeyong could feel the tension coming from the two, he bit his lip.

“Oppa’s taking us out for dinner.” Haera spoke before handing her duffel to Taeyong. Taeyong paused, not knowing how to react.

“Haera,” Jimin tried to reach for her.

“We’re leaving,” Haera gave Taeyong a smile.

“Ride with your husband then,” Changwook mussed her hair before walking to his car, eager to be walking away from them.

“Are you really going to do this?”

Haera paused, the Rolls Royce had arrived before them. Taeyong made his way to the car and got inside.

“You keep on accusing me of things, you like assuming about me and now you want me to adjust to you?”

“Haera~”

“You’re right, I’m falling for it. The glamour of being Samsung’s wife. Now, leave me alone.”

“Haera, I didn’t mean it that way.” Jimin paused, he swallowed.

“Of course not. You never do.” She said before getting inside the car.

 

 

Taeyong bit his lip and glanced at the girl briefly, his grip on the wheel tightened.

“Where are we eating?” He asked her, Haera leaned forward and just typed the address on the GPS’s screen. Taeyong exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“He probably flew back just to see you,” He said softly, Haera shook her head.

“I don’t feel like dealing with him now, Taeyong. I have so much on plate. And he wants to add in.”

“I thought he and Changwook hyung were already acquainted with each other.”

“No, no. I wouldn’t…I didn’t really have the opportunity to let them meet up.”

Taeyong frowned, he reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Your birthday’s next week, are you sure it’s a good idea to just let him leave without talking?”

Haera looked at him questioningly.

“You said he was on tour.” He explained, Haera sighed and puffed her cheeks.

“I know you don’t like having to repeat yourself a lot, but, he’s important to you and I can see how much this bothers you.”

Haera scrunched her nose at him, Taeyong smiled, he looked up and stepped on the breaks as the traffic light flashed red.

“Talking things out is not a bad idea, you know that.”

“Husband is encouraging me to fix things with my boyfriend. The world has gotten so~”

“Haera,” Taeyong sent her a look, she closed .

“I get it, I’m listening.” She said darkly, Taeyong chuckled before leaning over to kiss her forehead.

“I’ll drop you off later.”

“What?” Haera balked at him.

“Text him that you want to talk. I’ll drive you there after dinner.” Taeyong said before shifting gears and stepping on the gas again.

Haera sighed and leaned back on the Rolls Royce Wraith’s seat again, enjoying the warmth it was giving off.

“You know, tonight is movie night.” She said.

“We can push it to tomorrow. No worries.”

 

 

“A literal nutcase.” Yuta stated, Johnny nodded approvingly. Taeyong just ignored his friends and picked up his drink. Taeyong had joined them after dinner with the siblings, Haera stated that it was better for her to take a cab to BTS’s dorm instead.

“You talked your wife, your gorgeous wife, into getting back with her boyfriend? Do you really like migraines that much? Why would you want to lose to him, Lee Taeyong?” Johnny said.

“Haera loves him, it’s only right I give her a hand. And she can be very stubborn, I just don’t want her to regret things.”

“What about you? What if you regret this?” Yuta replied before taking a small sip from his glass.

“Yoomi’s bad news, Tae.” Johnny said, Taeyong looked away and exhaled.

“She’s only back because she wants attention. That’s what she’s always been after.”

“And you want me to steal Haera from Jimin?” He said flaltly.

“Well, it’s not exactly stealing. She’s your wife.” Yuta replied.

“I don’t think you two get it. Yes, she is my wife. But I don’t own her. She’s not like some property that I can just take away.”

Yuta glanced at Johnny, Taeyong exhaled and finished his drink.

“So you admit it.”

“What?” Taeyong was a little annoyed with his friends.

“Yoomi.”

Taeyong looked at them, his brows went up.

“Yoomi~”

“You’re using her as an alibi.” Johnny stated, Taeyong started to shake his head.

“A distraction. She’s just a distraction, because you don’t want see it.”

Taeyong looked away.

“You don’t want to see what’s really going on.”

 

“Haera. You’re starting to look at her.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++