012

Can We Be Friends?

 

“Who would have known, noona? You’d end up marrying Tayeong hyung.” Jaehyun said as he walked Haera to the lobby, Taeyong was behind them, speaking on the phone.

“Right? It’s funny, huh?”

“I was surprised when I saw you at the wedding, I was expecting another lady.” Jaehyun commented.

“But, noona, that was a really genius move, you avoided the press.” He chuckled.

“Y—Yeah, the other lady? Who were you expecting then?” Haera nudged him, she glanced behind them, Taeyong was approached by one of Samsung’s directors.

“Yoomi. They used her name for the invitation.”

“Yoomi?”

“Han Yoomi, noona. I believe she was in your class too.” Jaehyun said just as a block Rolls Royce appeared on the curb.

“Ready to go?” Taeyong asked, he noticed the amount of people outside, already prepared with their phones.

“Those aren’t reporters, but my angels.” Haera told him.

“Thanks for coming, hyung and noona. Let’s hang out soon.” Jaehyun said before stepping away from the couple.

“Angels?” Taeyong asked her before taking her hand in his, the fans squealed as they saw the two, the Samsung heir grew stunned.

Haera chuckled.

“My fans, my angels.” She said as they reached the doors.

“Unnie! Your husband is so handsome!”

“Noona, congratulations!”

“When are you going to do another VLive?”

Haera just waved at them as they walked to the car.

“We’re looking forward to the interview!”

Taeyong helped her to the car, Haera shifted on her seat while tugging on the hem of her dress.

“Maybe it’s time we show ourselves to the elders.” She commented just as Taeyong took out a small blanket from one of the compartments and handed it to her.

Haera placed it over her lap.

“When?”

“Let’s check out our schedules then. But, my fans seem to like you, that’s good.” She chuckled as the car started to move.

“Do you want to head straight home?” He asked her, Haera paused.

“Wae? Do you have somewhere else in mind?”

“Another PR stunt?” Haera pressed again.

“No, I noticed you didn’t eat much at the party. Do you want to stop by for some food?” Taeyong chuckled.

“You’re right. I was craving for something spicy.”

 

 

“Oh, we’re invited for tomorrow’s launch.” Jin commented as he walked in the living room.

“What?” Suga looked up from his phone.

“Galleria’s opening this new boutique again. They want us to come.” The eldest explained as he sat down.

“Ah, those high-fashion brands?” Jungkook nodded.

“Ya, this could be an opportunity to chat with Haera noona even just for a bit.” The youngest nudged Jimin, Taehyung glanced at his friend.

“Right, she usually attends events with her labelmates, so, it wont look so suspicious.” Namjoon nodded along.

“I saw the news, she seems to get along with that rich guy very well. That’s good, right?” Suga voiced out, Hoseok exhaled and shook his head.

“What? Is it bad? It’s good that those two have an understanding between them.” Suga pointed out.

“Am I wrong?”

“Just shut your mouth.” Jin stated, Jimin leaned back on the couch before speaking.

“Maybe you’re right, hyung. But you could be wrong. Who knows?”

 

 

Taeyong glanced behind them again, Haera was happily eating her spicy rice cakes, totally unnerved by the amount of people staring at her.

“Stop fretting, it’s fine.” Haera grew amused.

“U—Unnie, can..can I have your….s—s~, ” A young girl had approached them with a notebook and a pen.

“Sure, what’s your name?” Haera set down her chopsticks and took the pen from the girl, Taeyong watched as the scene unfolded. She was chatting with the girl nicely when he noticed two figures approaching them.

Taeyong’s brows went up when they joined them at their table.

“Excuse me~”

“Yoo Haera,” The males chuckled, Haera paused and started to laugh.

“Oppa!” She smiled, Taeyong grew confused.

“I see you’re bringing your husband to your favorite snack bar.” One chuckled deeply, Taeyong looked at the two, both had dark hoodies on with black baseball caps.

“Take those off, I’ll introduce you.” Haera commented.

“Taeyong-ah, these are my friends, label mates, bullies, or whatever,” She mused before pointing towards the males.

“Suho oppa, and Kai oppa. Guys, meet Taeyong.” She stated, the latter nodded before offering his hand.

“I’m the special case, I’m kind of the best friend.” Kai mused at him.

“And, you probably know the truth too?” Taeyong replied good-naturedly.

“Don’t worry, we wont ask questions.” Suho nodded, Haera rolled her eyes at him.

“So, how is it? Already adjusted to that?” Kai gestured towards the people staring at them from outside the restaurant.

“I wish I married someone less popular.” Taeyong said teasingly.

“What?” Haera eyed him warily, he grinned before mussing the girl’s hair.

“People stare too much. I just wanted to eat peacefully.” Taeyong joked.

“Hmm, good. I like him. You pass!” Kai nodded.

“Kim Jongin!” Haera groaned, but the males just laughed.

“Now I’m worried, you all seem to get along.” She mubled before eating again, Taeyong glanced at her and grinned. Then his phone buzzed, he took it out and read the message.

It was an invitation from Galleria Department Store’s office, his forehead knitted as he read the name on the bottom of the letter.

He exhaled before putting his phone back in his coat pocket.

 

 

“We always get sent to these type of parties.” Haera whispered as the black van pulled over in front of the building.

“Maybe next time you can come with your husband.” Sehun whispered back, she shook her head.

“This isn’t exactly in his line of work.” She nodded back as the van’s door slid open, young girls started to scream as Sehun and Chanyeol slid down, Haera followed suit and she smiled for the cameras.

“It’s nice to see SM siblings run the place, huh?” Her manager mused as Sehun helped her down the van.

“It’s too bad Irene unnie got sick yesterday.” She frowned slightly before reaching the red carpet, then she paused when she saw a group of seven boys ahead of them. Photographers were still taking their photos while the emcee was chatting with them.

“Kai mentioned to keep a good watch over you.” Sehun chuckled, Haera elbowed him.

“Come on, children, no fighting.” Chanyeol warned as they were ushered to move forward. Haera felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, but they had already reached the platform and people were taking photos of them.

“I see you chose to attend with your label mates, Haera-ssi!”

“Sehun-ssi, when will your new drama be released?”

“Will we be hearing more duets from you, Chanyeol-ssi?”

The three just continued to pose for the cameras, they were dressed in Chanel pieces that accentuated their looks and beauty.

Soon, they were guided into the mall, it was closed off for the party and only VIPs were around.

“Oh, it’s the new Fendi line.” Haera smiled as she walked towards the table.

“I didn’t know you were attending.”

 

 

Taeyong took his seat and nodded for his secretary to speak.

“Sir, your father is waiting.”

“What?”

“He’s been waiting for almost an hour now, he said its urgent.” The male said carefully, Taeyong bit his lip before nodding at him. The male stepped out of the room, Taeyong stood up and buttoned his coat.

“I need to talk.” His father walked in the room.

“What is it? Is it time to replace Haera again?” He replied coolly.

“Don’t start, Taeyong. Not now.”

Taeyong’s brows met before gesturing for his father to sit.

“What? Is it another buyout?”

“No, I came to tell you that we arranged dinner tonight with Haera’s family and you are required to come.”

“And if Haera doesn’t feel like it? I wont come.”

“Her mother will call her, and her father just got back in town. I’m sure she’ll feel like coming.”

Taeyong exhaled and crossed his arms.

“Taeyong-ah,”

“I heard she’s back.” The elder finished, Taeyong tensed.

“I know. I got invited to that party of hers.”

“Does Haera know?”

“I’ll make sure that she wont meet her.” Taeyong stated as he picked up his phone and left the room.

 

 

She glanced, Jimin was standing behind her.

“I just found out this morning, I had to rush to the salon.” She said while glancing around them briefly. She saw Taehyung waving at her, she smiled back.

“You look good; how did the party go last night?” He asked her as they walked together.

“It went well.” She nodded, they reached the mini bar and took their seats, Jimin saw Kai arrive, his brows rose briefly.

“Don’t mind me, I’m here just to prevent rumors.” The Exo member said as he took the seat beside Haera, Jimin’s brows scrunched together.

“Was traffic bad? Did you sleep in again?” Haera chuckled while rubbing the male’s back.

“Haera-ya,” Jimin cleared his throat, Kai rolled his eyes.

Haera took out her phone and nodded for him to speak.

“We’re having the MV filming next week, I was wondering if you could come by and watch?”

“Where? Maybe I can.” She nodded as she opened the text message on her phone.

Where are you? Galleria? –Taeyong

“Just at the studio, I’ll pick you up.” Jimin nodded with a smile, before she could reply a young lady approached them.

“Haera? Oh my, it really is you!”

She looked up, Haera’s eyes widened as she recognized the lady before her.

“Whoa, I’ve been wanting to meet up with you. You look so pretty in Chanel couture!”

“Yoo—Yoomi-yah, ” Haera was stunned, she slid down from the stool and swallowed.

“I’m glad you still remember me, it’s nice to see you again.” She stretched her palm to her, Jimin and Kai looked at the stranger.

 

 

“Han Yoomi, Galleria Department Store’s manager at your service.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++