013

Can We Be Friends?

 

“Han Yoomi, Galleria Department Store’s manager at your service.”

Haera didn’t know what to say, she took the girl’s hand and smiled back at her.

“It’s really been a while.” She replied, she glanced at Kai briefly.

“So, how are you?”

Haera’s eyes scanned the room, her forehead creased.

“Haera-yah,” Jimin reached for her arm, but the girl paused, her eyes were on the doors, he followed her gaze.

Yoomi glanced behind her, her brows rose.

“E—Excuse me,” Haera moved, Jimin’s palm landed back on his lap, he watched as Haera walked through the crowd, he exhaled and looked away.

“Taeyong-ah,” Haera spoke, his eyes went to her, he raised one hand automatically.

“You didn’t tell me about this, I thought you weren’t invited.” Haera said as she reached him, she placed her hand in his.

“I..forgot. Did you just get here?” He asked her before placing his palm on the small of her back.

“Yeah, I did.” She nodded back, her eyes went to the mini bar again. Jimin was looking back at her, but Yoomi had left.

“You’re not cold?” Taeyong noticed how plunging the neckline of her dress was.

“No, I’m fine.” Haera grinned back at him, he nodded back before pulling her closer, his eyes went around the room again and he chewed on his lip.

 

 

“He’s here too.” Hoseok spoke, he was looking at Taeyong and Haera. The young couple were chatting with a few familiar faces.

“Haera seems a little..shaken.” Namjoon murmured, Jimin joined them.

“She’s uncomfortable. It’s obvious.” Jimin nodded, he looked at her again. She was laughing as Chanyeol picked up a neon colored wallet. But his eyes travelled to Taeyong’s hand on her back again.

“Did you see that?” She spoke to Taeyong while patting his arm, the Samsung executive nodded back with a small smile.

“They seem to get along. Not bad.” Namjoon shrugged before slowly stepping away from them.

“Do I always have to see this?” Jimin spoke, Jungkook paused and looked at his hyung.

Haera looked up, she met his gaze and she smiled at him, Jimin nodded back.

Taeyong turned to them, before Jimin could react a male in a dark suit approached them.

 

 

“President,”

Haera looked up, she felt Taeyong drop his hand as his secretary reached them.

“What is it?”

“It’s..something urgent.”

Taeyong paused, he looked at Haera pensively, his forehead creasing.

“Go, it’s seems important. I’ll be fine.” Haera chuckled.

“I’ll have a car waiting. Don’t take a cab.” Taeyong warned, he kissed the side of her head before leaving with his secretary. Haera watched as he stepped out of the hall, she exhaled and looked around them.

“What is it, Yoo Haera?” Kai steered her away from the crowd.

“She’s here, oppa.”

“Huh?”

“The original bride.” She said quietly, Kai paused.

“What?”

“That…That manager, Han Yoomi.”

Kai looked around them, then before he could speak Jimin approached them.

“Can I borrow you?” He asked with a smile, Kai eyed him briefly.

“Jimin-ah, I~”

“Oh, come on, Haera. Taeyong already left, and, no one’s watching us here.” He chuckled before taking her hand in his.

Haera swallowed, she nodded back at him.

“I’ll look into it.” Kai stated before leaving the two, Jimin smirked before facing her again.

“Let’s get something to eat.” He said while pulling Haera with him.

 

 

Taeyong looked at the file before him.

“She took over the position of manager just last week.”

They were outside the hall, four guards surrounded him as paparazzi took photos of him.

“What else?”

“She’s made efforts to talk to you, sir. She passed by the company earlier.”

Taeyong exhaled, he closed his eyes briefly.

“I have to get Haera out of there. Have the car ready.” He spoke before walking back to the party.

Kai looked up as Taeyong stepped back into the hall, some bowed politely as he passed by.

“What are you doing?” Sehun nudged his friend.

“Observing.” He replied back, Taeyong was walking towards Jimin and Haera who were chatting by the ice sculpture.

“What?”

“He’s threatened by him.” Kai spoke, Sehun followed his gaze.

“Jimin?”

“Yeah. He used to think of me as his rival, which was funny. But now, he’s got a real one.”

“He’s always been a little petty when it comes to Haera, huh? It was his choice not to go public about it.” Sehun nodded, Kai just smirked.

“Really? That’s good then, more tour dates.“ Haera nodded along, Jimin squeezed her hand.

“I really hope you can come this time, how about invite Red Velvet with you?” He asked her.

“I usually go with Kai or Sehun oppa, you know that. I don’t really have that many girl friends.”

Jimin chuckled, then he halted.

“Haera,”

Haera turned, Taeyong was walking back to them.

“Finished already?” She said with a smile, Jimin’s grip on her hand tightened, she blinked at him.

“Yes, I…I think it’s time we go home.”

Haera looked around and she nodded at him.

“I guess going home early is a good idea, I heard appa’s in town. I might as well visit him tomorrow.” She replied, Taeyong nodded before stretching one hand to her.

Jimin looked at the male squarely.

“I can drive you home.” Jimin spoke, Taeyong’s eyes went to him, his jaw twitched slightly.

“I think it’s better if we go home together.” Taeyong replied.

“Jimin-ah, it’s fine. I’ll be at the set.” She faced Jimin, she tried to pull her hand from him, but Jimin shook his head. Taeyong grew a little worried as the neckline of her dress started to move as Jimin held tugged on her arm, it was revealing more skin that it should.

“Jimin-ah.” Haera panicked, there was a chance that people might notice them. Taeyong’s security stepped forward, but he shook his head at them.

“Are you going to ask me to back away with your guards?” Jimin snorted, Haera halted.

“Ya,” She tried to pull her hand again, but he wouldn’t budge.

“Please don’t cause a scene here.” Taeyong spoke quietly.

“Just don’t forget, I’m still the boyfriend.” Jimin said before letting go of Haera, she was staring at him in shock.

“How could I?” Taeyong said flatly before taking his coat off and draping it around her.

Jimin turned his back to them and walked back to the crowd. Haera exhaled, Taeyong took her hand before speaking.

“Let’s go.” He said before pulling her with him.

“I saw her.” She spoke as they headed for the doors, Taeyong paused, he faced her again. He buttoned the coat before meeting her gaze again.

“I know. We’ll talk about it.” He said as they reached the doors, his Mercedes Benz arrived.

“I’m sorry about Jimin.” She said as they went down the steps.

 

“It’s fine. Nothing I can’t handle.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++