003

Can We Be Friends?

 

Jimin tossed his phone on the table, it landed with a loud thud that made s worry.

Haera wasn’t picking up any of his calls and it frustrated him.

“Ya, I’m sure~”

He suddenly stood up and yanked his jacket from the rack. Namjoon immediately stood up and grabbed his arm.

“If you go there now, then it will cause trouble. Not just for us, but for her too.” He reasoned, Jimin’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

His eyes went to the TV screen again, true enough, there were tons of reporters gathered outside the venue.

And a sudden appearance of a Bangtan Boys member would surely raise eyebrows and start talk.

“But, who is this guy?” Jin spoke as a photo of Haera’s rumored husband appeared on screen again.

“Wait? Lee? Lee Taeyong?” Hoseok echoed.

Jimin exhaled before taking a seat.

“That..Samsung Lees?” Jin blinked at him.

Jimin just walked back to his room and slammed the door shut.

“Heol, daebak.” Jungkook was looking at his phone.

“Noona got married to a Samsung Lee.”

 

 

Haera was standing by the slightly ajar double doors that gave her a clear view of the gigantic wedding cake.

Her manager was pacing back and forth before her, he was on the phone with the company. She chewed on her lip worriedly.

“Do you want to sit down for a bit? You look like you’re about to faint.” Her coordi finally spoke out of concern.

“Unnie, is this really happening? Did I really..” She trailed off her eyes landed on the ring on her finger.

She let out a shaky breath, her staff were all looking at her, confused and just as lost as her.

“What did the company say? I~”

The doors opened and Taeyong walked in. The three lady staffs all stared at him, no gaped at him in awe.

“Whoa, his face is daebak.” Her coordi murmured before stepping away.

Haera looked up from the couch.

“We need a story.”

“What?” Haera blinked, Taeyong ed his tuxedo before taking the seat next to her.

“People will ask Haera. They will ask why you’re here.”

“I’m even asking why I’m here.” She replied, Taeyong paused, his forehead furrowed.

“What will we do then?” She asked.

“We will have to create a story then.” He replied.

“Don’t even think of telling people that I was the one who wooed you first. I’ll be a walking cliché then.” She warned him, her manager winced.

Taeyong blinked but he nodded, a small smile appeared on his face.

“Okay, noted. I’ll ask my secretary to get on it.” He said before standing up and leaving the room.

 

 

Haera watched on as the reception continued, the cake was already cut and the guests were eating happily while chatting.

She leaned back on her seat and finally had the chance to take out her phone. There were tons of messages coming from her SM family.

But what bothered her was the number of calls from him.

Jimin had been trying to reach her since earlier that afternoon, she started to fidget.

How was she going to explain all this to him? She didn’t even know what really happened.

Did the bride leave?

Did Taeyong and her fight that’s why she bolted out?

But, why?

Her phone started to ring again, Jimin’s name flashed on the screen. She let out a small breath before answering.

“Where are you?” He asked.

“I think you already know.” She spoke softly, she heard him sigh from the other line.

“Jimin-ah, I can explain. I just need to understand things first.” She said in a rush.

“Understand? You got married.” He replied.

Haera bit back her tears and let out a shaky breath.

“I’ll call you back later.” She said before putting her phone down, she saw her mother and Taeyong’s parents talking in a lively manner.

“What a joke.” She said before standing up and making her way out of the hall.

Taeyong watched as the girl stalked out of the room and he shook his head.

 

 

Haera puffed her cheeks as she shut the doors behind her, she studied the ring on her finger and cursed.

She opened her messages.

Ya, we were just gone for two days. And when we return, you’re already married? Heol. –Oh Sehun

Oppa’s disappointed. Why am I not invited? –Donghae Fishy

What’s this? Did you forget to tell the company before getting married? Wow. I applaud you. –Wendy

Best wishes. Please don’t forget to return my earphones. –SatanSoo

Haera shook her head and couldn’t help but smile. It still has not really hit her that she was married.

She got married without a plan, without being ready. She didn’t even know she was getting married.

I spoke with your mother. Everything has been settled. Come to the company tomorrow.

Congratulations, our Haera. –Lee Sooman

She paused and shook her head again.

“Just what did she do?” Haera muttered, she started to tug on the high bun on her head.

Then she saw a male, clad in a classic tuxedo rushing towards her, he looked disheveled and stressed out.

“I’m here for that Samsung wedding,” He said as he reached her, he was trying to fix his bowtie.

Haera blinked, she pointed towards the door.

“It’s..in there.”

“I’m a little late, and I’m kind of the best man. Thanks, miss.” He said to her before going into the hall.

“No..problem.” Haera shrugged, she was about to head to the elevators when two males in dark suits approached her.

“Samonim,” They bowed politely, she sighed.

“I’m not running away.” She groaned, they both looked at each other.

“It’s fine,” A familiar voice intervened.

She glanced behind her, Taeyong was standing by the double doors. The two guards bowed before stepping away.

“Your best man just got here.” Haera spoke to him.

“He’ll live.” He said, Haera bit her lip before extending one hand to him.

“It really has been a while, seatmate.” She mused, Taeyong took her hand in his and shook it.

“I know, and we have a lot to talk about. Want to escape the party?” He offered.

“W—We can do that?”

 

“I’ll let the tardy best man handle everything. I have the chopper waiting upstairs. Let’s go.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++