021

Can We Be Friends?

 

 

“Is South Korea’s president coming over to join us?” Haera asked dryly as she took her seat on the dining table, Taeyong was still choosing which wine to drink while his wife stared at their table filled with complicated dishes.

“This is not good; I have filming tomorrow.” Haera frowned as she picked up a slice of seasoned beef.

“Where will you be filming?” Taeyong asked as he sat across her, he poured her some wine before starting with his meal.

“I’ll text you where.” She nodded at him before eating, Haera paused and stole a glance at him again.

“No, I’ll drive you there.” Taeyong said before taking another spoonful, Haera blinked.

“What?”

“With people watching our every move, I figured that I should make it up to you. Besides, I want to see how you work.”

“You’re curious? You probably wont enjoy it. Aren’t you busy tomorrow?” Haera asked while chewing, not really minding her manners in front of him.

Taeyong chuckled before leaning over the table to wipe the bits of meat and rice from her lips.

“Not really. I can take the day off.”

Haera shook her head at him.

“So, what’s going on? You and Yoomi?” She asked him carefully.

“We..talked for a while,”

Haera nodded back at him.

“Is it okay? The two of us..seeing each other again?”

“Why wouldn’t it be?” Haera grinned, Taeyong paused, his forehead creasing.

“Just be careful, I know you can handle scandals well. I mean, reporters are terrified of you.” She teased before going back to her food again.

“You’re worried about me? Wow.” Taeyong mused back.

“I mean it, be careful. Public scrutiny can be really harsh.” Haera stated.

“I know. I wont get you in trouble again.”

“I don’t mean that, I meant that.” Haera pointed towards his heart, Taeyong paused.

“Be careful. I don’t want to see a hurt Taeyong.”

 

 

Taeyong crossed his arms as he leaned against the hood of his Benz, the staff for Haera’s drama were all running around, fixing the things needed for the shoot.

He was introduced to some of her fellow actors earlier before his wife was whisked away for hair and makeup.

“Taeyong, no matter how much you push me back, I will still be here. I will still try to win you back.”

“Are you really going to choose her over me?”

Taeyong bit his lip and checked the time on his watch, he paused when his phone started to ring.

He took out the device from his coat pocket and looked at the screen.

“Yoomi?” He spoke as he answered.

“Where are you? I called your office, they said you took the day off.” She said.

“I’m with Haera now. At her shoot.” Taeyong said, he glanced around him.

“Ah, really? Will you be there the whole day?” She asked him, Taeyong’s forehead furrowed.

“I might be. Why? Do you need something?”

“I just wanted to ask if you wanted to grab dinner together. It’s on me.” She said with a chuckle.

“I’ll see what I can do. I’m not really sure what our schedule is today.” Taeyong spoke, there was a pause from the other end.

“Yoomi~”

“No, I get it. I understand. Call me later.” She said before ending the call, then Taeyong saw Haera appear, she was dressed in a nice china blue dress. Her co-actor approached her and they started to chat good-naturedly.

Then she glanced over her shoulder, she threw Taeyong a small knowing smile.

Taeyong smiled back and just exhaled.

“Just how do you resist that, sir?”

He blinked at his head of security, the man had been with him for almost four years and he already knew how that Taeyong was not that scary as some people might think.

“Now’s not that time, hyung.” Taeyong sighed before walking towards the coffee truck to get himself a warm latte.

“Young master Seo is right, your wife is a beauty. Why are you still letting that other lady hang around you?”

 

 

“So, what happened?” Sion asked, Haera bit her lip and shrugged.

“It was all a misunderstanding, unnie. Tone it down. People will hear.” She shushed the girl, they were inside the dressing room, Haera was changing into new set of clothes for her character.

“Taeyong drove you today, why?”

“He’s curious, and, it’s not bad PR, right?”

“Of course it’s not, he brought three coffee trucks with him.” Sion cheered, Haera shook her head, she checked the mirror and eyed the pair of nice fitting culottes and a cropped sweater she was wearing. She picked up her parka before leaving the dressing room.

She stepped out of the building and greeted the staff with warmth, she saw Nam Joohyuk being prepped for the scene, she looked around. It was an outdoor shoot, they were outside at private property a few miles away from Seoul.

She spotted Taeyong talking with Honghyun, her other manager.

“You’re all dressed up.” He smiled as she reached him, he stretched one arm to her.

“We have a few minutes before we start rolling, aren’t you cold? You can rest in the makeup room.”

“Haera hates outdoor shoots.” Honghyun mused at her.

“It makes me sleepy.” She yawned before leaning her head against Taeyong’s arm, the latter smiled and just pulled her closer.

Some staff paused and watched them appreciatively.

“Your father called me earlier, he wants to meet up for dinner.” Haera murmured, Tayeong nodded, then the director was calling for them.

“Now, go back to work, actress Yoo.” He smirked before kissing the top of her head and pushing her forward. Honghyun just smiled to himself before turning away from the two.

 

 

Haera was back in her normal clothes, she was standing beside her staff’s van as she spoke on the phone.

“I just finished filming, is something up?” She asked Kai as he picked up.

“Yeah, it’s for the awards night this year.”

Haera nodded, every year idols from the different companies came together for a grand awards night, it was open to the public and it often caused a lot hot issues.

“What is it? Did they ask you to~”

“No, you were chosen to participate with us, for a collaboration stage. You game?”

Haera paused, it has been a while since she last performed.

“I’ll wait for your text. Suho hyung’s excited.” Kai chuckled before ending the call, Haera exhaled, and then she noticed a familiar looking Ferrari pull over in the parking lot. Some of the crew glanced at it as it arrived.

Haera stilled.

Jimin.

“Haera? Are you good to go?” Taeyong was walking towards her, Haera faced him again.

“Taeyong~”

“Well, I’m not late.” Another voice joined in, she turned and found Jimin standing before her, his face covered by a dark mask and a beanie.

“Wh—What brings you here?” Haera stuttered, she glanced around them again, the crew didn’t seem to recognize the famous idol star.

Taeyong tensed and gave his guards a sidelong glance.

“Dinner, remember? We’re leaving for the tour this weekend.” Jimin said lightly, Haera blinked at him.

“Did you forget? We already made plans. I texted you last night.” Jimin reached for her hand.

“But we have dinner tonight with my parents.” Haera said slowly, that made Jimin stop, he met her gaze.

“We made plans, Haera.” Jimin was staring back at her, Taeyong looked around them again, his forehead creasing. People were trying to make out Jimin’s face from underneath his disguise.

Then the Rolls Royce Phantom pulled over before them, it was tailed a black SUV and the guards went down to open the Phantom’s passenger seat.

“I’ll wait in the car.” Taeyong said softly, he gave her hand a small squeeze before walking towards the Rolls Royce.

Jimin’s eyes followed the male and he shook his head.

“Jimin-ah, I’m really sorry. But my father is in town and~”

“Go ahead, choose him.”

“Jimin, it’s not~”

“We already made plans, Haera. And then you suddenly bail out on me. It’s getting so hard to reach you.”

Haera exhaled, then Jimin glanced at Taeyong again.

“I knew it. You’ll fall for it too. What a joke.” He spat.

“What was that supposed to mean?” Haera stared at him, wide-eyed.

 

“You’re falling for it. The glamour of being Samsung’s wife.” Jimin said before walking back to his car, Haera watched as the Ferrari sped away from her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++