036

Can We Be Friends?

 

“Chaebol Haera. Haera gongjunim. Haera probably has a trust fund.” Honghyun mused as he walked in the dining room for breakfast, Haera eyed him warily.

Overnight, all wrong articles about Haera were taken down due to the fact that her real background was revealed, most of the broadcasting companies were quick to change their news about her after they realized she Yoo Banking Group’s daughter, and also her stepfather was the president of Ji Medical Group, a company that owns hospitals and a pharmaceutical giant.

“The higher ups at SM are quite happy about it, they were worried when people started talking trash about you.” Sion nodded as she chewed on her toast.

“I never really thought it was important but Taeyong was adamant about it.” Haera poured herself a cup of coffee.

“It’s only right you did that, those people know nothing and yet they have so much to say.”

“Good morning, samonim.”

Haera looked up just as Taeyong’s secretary walked in the room.

“Good timing, join us. I tried my best to cook something, but I’m not Taeyong.” She grinned sheepishly as she waved him in.

“I would love to, samonim. But the president is~”

“I’m sorry, I kind of have to leave early.” Taeyong breezed into the room, Haera paused, her brows rose at him questioningly.

“I need to fly back to Seoul for an emergency meeting.” He explained as he reached her.

“Oh, okay. You should~”

“I’ll be back by dinner. See you then.” Taeyong smiled before kissing the side of her head, Haera was about to react but he was already rushing for the doors.

“Aigoo.” Honghyun mused to himself.

“Well, he doesn’t really need to fly back right away. He’s tired.” Haera murmured, Sion just shushed her.

 

 

“So, I should turn like this? Oppa has to catch me.” Haera spoke with the director while Sehun was playing with her hair.

“That sounds good, Sehun should be able to catch the meeting.” The director nodded.

“Don’t worry, if I can’t catch her, she’ll just fall.” Sehun chortled, Haera elbowed him.

The older male laughed and walked back to his seat.

“I saw the articles, very nice.”

“It’s weird. I always that it didn’t matter, you know. Siwon oppa didn’t even want to reveal anything about his family.”

“Well, no one was causing him of being a gold digger, to be honest, good for them.” Sehun chuckled as they walked back to their dressing rooms.

“What?”

“They’re all afraid of you now, you can literally chew those reporters and spit them out.”

“Oh Sehun-ssi.” She sighed, Sehun laughed and mussed her hair.

“Now that thing isn’t going to bother you now, how about you think of that other thing. The other elephant in the room.”

“E—Elephant?” She blinked at him, Sehun sighed and walked to his seat.

“Why you broke up with Jimin.”

Haera paused, she looked away from her friend. Sehun smirked at her.

“I think it’s time you spit that out, baby girl.” Sehun chuckled, Haera kicked his shin.

 

 

Taeyong let out a small smile of satisfaction as he checked the articles on the Internet, he had just finished at one of their major offices and he was on his way to his office in downtown Seoul.

“When will samonim be flying back?” His driver asked politely.

“I’m not really sure, she has a lot of work there, and she wants to rest.” Taeyong spoke, his forehead creased briefly.

“Rest? Why?”

“She says being Jeju lets her breath. You know that, things haven’t really been going well lately.” Taeyong leaned back on his seat, his driver bit his lip and nodded.

“But, president,”

Taeyong opened his eyes and looked at him.

“Why don’t you ask her to be with you instead? I mean, I don’t mean to pry, but I think if you two are together, then things will get better.”

“I think she just wants some time away from me, I mean, I caused her all this.” Taeyong said quietly.

“I don’t think so, samonim…I think she’s just worried. There’s been a lot of naysay going around every since you two got married. She probably thinks that she’s…going to be a hindrance to you, president.”

Taeyong paused, it was then he realized that they already arrived at Samsung’s main office.

“Think about it, president. Ask samonim to fly back, you both looked so happy living together.” The driver smiled at him, Taeyong exhaled and slid down from the car. He was about to step forward when he noticed a familiar looking lady standing across him. And she was already earning stares from the employees.

“Y—Yoomi-ah.”

 

 

Haera yawned as she stepped down from the car, her eyes went to the white Huracan parked at the curb.

“Is he~”

“Samonim!”

She recognized one of Taeyong’s trusted bodyguards running towards her.

“Oh, were you waiting? I was just~”

“No, no, but, that woman.” He said worriedly, Haera paused.

“Woman?”

Haera’s staff started to unload her things from the van and marched towards the house, Sion gave her a small wave before stepping into the foyer.

“President went straight to the office right after his meeting, he was planning to fly back after that but, that..Han Yoomi..she was waiting for him at his office.”

“Well, she probably wants to~”

“People saw her, in a way, she kind of cornered him. She was standing outside the lobby.”

Haera exhaled and shook her head.

“Samonim, I know you’re quite busy also, but…can…you come home? Even just for a bit? Our PR team may not really be able to smoothen this.” He bit his lip, Haera picked up her purse from the van and nodded.

“Taeyong?”

“He’s not picking up, right now, they’re chatting at the company cafeteria.” He said as he guided Haera to a waiting Mercedes Benz SUV.

“I need to be there as soon as possible. I don’t have a plane ti~”

“I have the plane ready, and we also have helicopter waiting to fly you to the city.”

“Good. You can call secretary Jang that I’m coming. And, please have Taeyong’s PR team message me.” Haera said as she slid inside the SUV.

“Anything else, samonim?” The male asked before closing the door.

“I need a fresh set of clothes and some makeup. And, call Galleria Department Store’s office, tell them,”

The male paused, he knew that Yoomi worked for Galleria.

“Yoo Banking Group wants to talk to them.” Haera said before gesturing for him to close the door.

“She’s going to get her fired. Daebak.” The male murmured before getting on the driver seat.

Haera leaned back on her seat and started to shake her head.

“What is she thinking? That little~” She exhaled before taking out her phone.

It took her mother a few rings before picking up.

“Haera-yah, I was~”

“Galleria Department Store is going to call you today, tell them if they don’t teach their employees to behave properly, we will shut them down.”

“Daughter, what are~”

 

“I will shut her down.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++