007

Can We Be Friends?

Taeyong scratched the back of his head as he watched Haera drag her blankets to the couch, the TV was on and her eyes were glued on it.

“Ya, take the bed.” Taeyong stated.

“Good night.” Haera waved him off as she sat down on the couch and covered her legs with the Hermes blanket.

Taeyong sighed and shook his head, he plopped down on the mattress.

“It’s still hasn’t hit me yet, you know.” She spoke.

“This is so not the high school reunion I was expecting.” Haera finished.

“Your father? Has he called?” Taeyong asked her as he looked for a comfortable position.

“I messaged him, do you know what he replied?” Haera switched off the TV.

“What? Is he angry?”

“Ani, it was a laughing emoji.”

Taeyong chuckled, Haera rolled her eyes.

“Anyway, good night, Lee Taeyong.” She said before plopping down on the couch, Taeyong switched off the night lamp.

“It’s Bangtan Boys, right? Jimin-ssi?” He spoke again.

“Yeah, please be nice tomorrow, okay?” She pleaded.

Taeyong grinned before closing his eyes.

“I’m always nice.”

 

 

“Is this really a house? I feel like I’m in a set or a studio.” Haera’s coordi, Sora nudged the older female.

“They have uniformed maids, it’s crazy.” The manager whispered, they were seated in the high-ceilinged living room, there was coffee and tea served before them.

Haera’s two managers were speaking to each other, then they heard someone going down the steps.

The females froze, Taeyong strode down the stairs, he was dressed in a black turtleneck sweater and a pair of jeans.

“G—Good morning, s—sir.” Haera’s male manager stuttered, the male before them smiled slightly.

“Feel at home, the food’s going to be ready soon.” He said politely, they all nodded, then Haera came hopping down the steps.

“Unnie, oppa.” She greeted them, Taeyong paused, he looked at her.

“Come, I’ll introduce to you.” Haera waved him over, the staff stood up.

“This is Sora unnie, she dressed me up and sometimes does my makeup.” She recited, Taeyong smiled and shook her hand.

“And my two managers, Sion unnie and Honghyun oppa.” She continued, Taeyong nodded back and greeted them with a handshake.

“Are we still expecting someone?” Sion asked her.

“Yeah, Jimin.”

He paused, his brows met briefly.

“I’ll leave you to talk.” Taeyong patted her arm before stepping away.

“Ya, are you crazy? Inviting him to your husband’s home?” He chided.

“He’s the one who suggested this, oppa. Relax.”

“What?” Her coordi was stunned.

“We discussed last night, he’s okay with it.”

The three were stunned.

"He's okay? You have an idol boyfriend and you invited him here? Did you forget who you married, Yoo Haera?" Sion sighed.

"Unnie, it's Taeyong. Just Taeyong." Haera explained.

"To you, he's just Taeyong. But, he's terrifying for others. His family basically controls the whole country, you brat." She nagged.

"Stop saying that. Like I said, he's okay with it."

 

 

Taeyong heard the maid announce that someone was coming, he took off the apron and padded towards the front door.

He saw a red Ferrari pull over at his curb, a familiar looking male slid down.

Taeyong yanked the doors open and stepped out.

Jimin exhaled as he looked around the property, he saw a couple of cars parked outside the closed garage.

“Haera-yah,” He heard a masculine voice call out, he turned and found Taeyong looking at him by the doors.

Haera came rushing out and waved him over, Jimin exhaled before moving forward.

“I’m sorry for being late, we had recording.” Jimin said apologetically before hugging the girl.

“It’s fine, come, meet Taeyong.” Haera pulled him to the house.

Taeyong smiled before stretching his palm to the male.

“Nice to meet you, Jimin-ssi.” He spoke formally, Jimin gave him a small smile.

“Just Jimin, since we’re all the same age.”

Taeyong nodded back before gesturing for him to get inside the house.

 

 

“I was thinking that you two were from the same company,” Taeyong replied as he set down his coffee.

“No, that would really be a scandal then.” Haera shook her head.

“How did you two meet?” Jimin asked.

“As kids, we went to the same academy. Haera’s mother is my godmother.” Taeyong said in a polite tone.

“How did you get to know Haera? Did you work on a movie together?” He asked, Haera grinned at him.

“Taeyong’s a little confused with the entertainment industry. Mian.” She said kindly, Taeyong glanced at her.

“Jimin’s an idol. Bangtan Boys.”

Taeyong paused, he nodded.

“I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s okay, you’re busy at it is, running a company alone.” Jimin replied, Sora looked up from her plate. Somehow, Jimin’s tone had alarmed her.

“I’m actually quite surprised that you know Haera’s an actress.”

“We were seatmates in high school, so he saw me during my trainee days. He was there during those awkward years.” Haera chuckled.

“Really? That’s nice then.” Jimin replied coolly before picking up his glass, Taeyong picked up the paper again, his brows went up briefly before looking away.

Honghyun and Sion watched as Jimin and Haera chatted over the meal, Taeyong was still seated quietly with his coffee and newspaper in hand.

“Don’t you have anything for today?” Haera spoke.

“Nothing, we were asked to rest before the tour starts again.” Jimin replied. Haera nodded back, her eyes went to Taeyong.

“It’s getting a little late, are you sure you’re okay? I can clean up after this.”

They had asked the help to step out for privacy.

“I’ll have my secretary come over. Don’t bother about it.” Taeyong set the paper down.

“You’re right, I do have to get to work.” He said with a small sheepish smile. Jimin glanced at him.

“Go ahead, I need to be at the company later too. Can I use one of your cars? Mine haven’t been transferred yet.” She asked quietly, Taeyong nodded and took out a key from his pocket.

“You can take this, I’ll get going then.” Taeyong stood up, then he looked at their guests.

“I’m sorry, I have to go first. Thank you for joining us.” He said.

“Y—Yes, thanks for having us too.” Honghyun nodded quickly, Jimin watched as Haera looked at him with grin on her face.

Taeyong rolled his eyes at her before patting her arm and stepping out of the room.

“See? He’s not a monster.” Haera shrugged, Jimin chuckled.

“He seems nice. Does he know everything?” Jimin spoke to her, Sion eyed the two briefly.

“Yeah, he said he just wanted you to see how we are at home. He didn’t want you to misunderstand anything.” Haera nodded before squeezing his hand.

“I doubt you’ll ever let me misunderstand, knowing you.” He mused back.

“I hope you two get along well though, he’s a good friend of mine.”

“Yeah.” Jimin nodded as his eyes roamed around the dining hall, his eyes landed on the car keys arranged on the wall.

“A pretty loaded friend you have.” He added, Haera just shrugged at him before eating, Jimin glanced by the windows, he looked at his Ferrari parked beside a fleet of Rolls Royce vehicles and a couple of Jaguars.

 

 

“Park Jimin?” The secretary repeated, Taeyong nodded back, he had just finished a meeting.

“Just a basic check on him.”

“Yes, sir. Is this regarding samonim?”

“Yes, you know the procedure, right? Haera’s information should be guarded too. Add her to my priority list too. All her calls will be directed straight to my office.”

The male nodded back before stepping out of the room, Taeyong leaned back on his seat.

He turned to his laptop and checked his email, he paused as he saw Haera’s name flash on the screen.

He shook his head as he read articles.

Actress Yoo Haera seduced Samsung husband for money?

Yoo Haera, pregnant? Explains rushed wedding!

Samsung husband “bought” her from SMEnt?

Taeyong exhaled before standing up and picking up his cell.

“Yes, sir?”

“Has Haera left the house already?” He questioned.

“Yes, about an hour ago.”

Taeyong shook his head, his forehead furrowed.

“Have someone check on her now. And, make sure to erase all those articles online.” He ordered before ending the call. He dialed for Haera’s number and frowned when she couldn’t be reached.

Taeyong picked up his coat and exited his office.

“Are you leaving, president?” His secretary jogged after him.

 

 

“Get rid of those articles. Now.” Taeyong stated before the elevators closed.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++