020

Can We Be Friends?

 

“I can drop you off.” Jimin said as they reached the lobby, Haera shook her head before pulling her hood lower.

“I drove here, plus,” She jutted her lips towards the three males in dark suits waiting outside.

“When do you leave for tour again?” She asked as they stepped out of the building.

“The week after next.” He said with a small smile.

“Then, how about I come over this weekend? Let’s have barbecue.” She said as Jimin walked her to her waiting car.

“You had to go all the way here, now I feel bad.” Jimin said softly.

“It’s fine, I wanted to see you.”

He smiled before cupping her cheek.

“Go, your manager is waiting. I have drama filming tomorrow, so you know where to find me.” She stated, Jimin blew her a kiss before running towards his car.

“Samonim,”

Haera faced the guard who had approached her, she grew concerned as she saw the expression on his face.

“What is it? Is something wrong?” She asked him, he handed her his phone and Haera halted.

“When—When~”

“It’s best if you ride with us, one of us will drive your car back to the penthouse.”

Haera exhaled, she climbed inside the SUV and put the phone away. She took out her mobile phone and looked at the screen. She had multiple missed calls from her manager and Taeyong’s secretary.

“Taeyong?” She asked.

“We’ve been trying to contact that president as well; we haven’t reached him yet.”

 

 

“Oh no, no, not good.” Chanyeol stated as he looked at the article, Sehun chuckled beside him.

“Don’t worry, those things will disappear soon.” Kai said as he walked in the practice room.

“Her staff are going crazy, the office wants her to come over, but Samsung has already sent their legal team to help fix this.” Suho stated as he plopped down beside them.

Kai grinned to himself.

“It’s gone now.” Chanyeol refreshed the page, his eyes wide with wonder.

“See?” Kai nodded along, then he took out his phone. He sent Haera a short message asking her if she was okay.

I am. I think they’re back together. – Haera

Kai rolled his eyes before typing another reply.

You better hide your favorite diamond earrings.

Haera sent her a middle finger emoji, he laughed. He checked the photos again, Kai shook his head.

“It’s not even a month yet and there’s already a rumor like this, this wont be healthy for Haera.” Suho commented.

“Ani, I think this guy is healthy for her.” Kai said to himself before standing up.

“At least he knows how to protect her.”

 

 

Taeyong got down from the Range Rover, he paused when he noticed Haera’s Bentley rolling in and she wasn’t the one driving.

He watched as one of her guards parked the vehicle, then the male stepped down.

“Did something happen? Where’s Haera?” He asked him.

“Sir, have you seen it?” The male asked him politely, Taeyong grew confused.

“Seen what?”

It was then when he noticed the small crowd of paparazzi standing by the building, his eyes widened.

“This way, president.” The guard urged him to walk forward, Taeyong took out his phone, the screen remained black.

He realized that ran out of battery, his guards made way for him as he approached the building’s entrance, the paparazzi started screaming.

“Sir! Is it true?”

“Then, was it a political wedding? But, why miss Yoo Haera of all people?”

“Who’s the mystery girl, president Lee?”

Taeyong bit his lip as he got into the lobby, he made his way toward the elevator with that bad feeling in his stomach. Something about the questions those reporters threw at him made him uncomfortable.

He reached his floor and headed straight to the living room, he blinked as he realized it was empty.

“Haera?” He started to panic, he plucked out the tablet on the coffee table and checked the search engines, then he halted.

He stilled as he looked at the photos on the screen, he started to read the article.

“Oh, you’re home.”

He looked up, Haera was standing by the stairs, already dressed in jeans and a sweater.

“Haera, I~”

“I know; I have to head to the company to explain this.” She said as she walked towards him, Taeyong looked at the screen again.

Someone had taken a photo of him and Yoomi at Samsung’s office earlier, there was also a shot of him helping her to his car.

 

 

Haera bit her lip as she looked at him, Taeyong looked so stunned by everything. And, to be honest, Haera also was surprised. She had no idea that people would be monitoring him as well, she bit her lip.

“Don’t leave yet.” Taeyong said, he took her hand and pulled her to his study, he rushed to his table and picked up his phone.

“It’s me, what’s this? Why are all those articles still up?”

Haera sat down, Taeyong was speaking on the phone.

“You couldn’t reach me that’s why you didn’t do anything? Does it look like I’ll enjoy those rumors?” He snapped, Haera flinched.

“Put those down. Release a statement in an hour.” He ordered, then he walked to Haera with the phone still in hand.

“What do you want it to say?” He asked her, Haera blinked.

“Taeyong, what~”

“Story. What’s the story?” Taeyong said to her, Haera exhaled and took the phone from him.

“You can say that Taeyong was meeting up one of my old friends because he needed some help,” She said, the secretary was typing furiously on the other line.

Taeyong was staring at her as she spoke.

“Tell them that Taeyong wanted to get me something special because of our wedding and that he asked my friend for some opinions on my taste..on jewelry.”

“Yes, I’ll take note of that samonim.”

Haera thanked the girl before putting the phone away, Taeyong was typing something on his other phone as she was speaking.

“We’re lucky Yoomi’s face was never in full view, people would be bothering her by now.” She said chidingly.

Taeyong’s forehead creased before looking at her again.

“I’m sorry, Haera, it slipped my mind. I know this will affect you badly.” He said softly. Haera shrugged at him.

“Like you said, this is nothing I can’t handle. I’ve had scandals before.” She said lightly.

“Still, this is my mistake.”

“You forgot that you married a celebrity?” She mused back, Taeyong frowned and just took her hand in his.

“What do you want?” He asked her, Haera blinked.

“What?” She was confused.

“You said I wanted to buy you jewelry, so do you have anything in mind?” Taeyong asked with an expectant smile.

“Taeyong, that was just a cover up. Sheesh, rich boys and their money.” She muttered before pulling her hand away from his.

“Well, since you didn’t like the Bentley, I~”

“Let it go, Samsung. Please.” She said as she stood up, Taeyong started to smile.

“So, you’re not going to yell at me? I screwed up.”

“You mean you almost blew our cover?” She asked dryly.

“I’ll fix it, I already had someone go to your company. Don’t worry.” Taeyong said as he stood up, Haera shook her head.

“I really am sorry, Haera.” He said to her.

“Taeyong, like I said, it’s fine~”

“I know it’s not, Haera.”

She stopped, Taeyong sighed before pulling the girl to him.

“I’m not just talking about the scandal, I meant lunch. I’m sorry for missing it, I already did tell you that I’d be coming.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her.

“It wasn’t that bad, appa’s home. Oppa is too.”

“That sounds nice, we should visit your brother some time.” Taeyong nodded along, Haera smiled before hugging him back.

“Do you prefer diamonds or pearls?” Taeyong asked out of the blue, Haera groaned and pulled away from him.

“Lee Taeyong, let it go.”

He laughed before fixing her hair.

“I’ll cook dinner tonight. Don’t even think about small portions.” He said before leaving her in the room, Haera watched as the doors closed and she plopped down.

“And, so what is this? Are they back together?” She murmured to herself as she read the article.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++