014

Can We Be Friends?

 

 

Taeyong set his laptop down and exhaled, Haera was on the couch, lying down while checking her phone.

“Why are you not asking me anything?” He asked as he stood up and walked towards her. The girl had been silent ever since their ride home, and it infuriated him. Haera usually asked questions.

“About Yoomi?” She glanced up, Taeyong sat down beside her.

“I’m curious, but…I don’t want to pry.” She said softly as she put her phone away.

“It was between our parents actually, Yoomi was all for it. She was fine with everything.” Taeyong hesitated, Haera could see how he was searching for the right words, she frowned before placing her hand over his.

“Then, I don’t know what happened, everything was going so well, but she..on the day of the wedding,”

“I feel bad for my mother. I mean, in a way, I also let this happen.” Taeyong said softly.

“Haera, if it weren’t for you, my family would have become a laughingstock.”

She shook her head.

“I’d be more embarrassed for Yoomi. She was the one who stole from your mother.”

Taeyong’s forehead creased.

“Taeyong-ah,”

“Did…you..perhaps, have feelings for her?” Haera asked delicately.

Taeyong closed his mouth, Haera paused.

“I think I had. But its nothing now.” He replied, Haera was about to speak but Taeyong pulled his blanket from her.

“Ya!”

“I’ve been losing sleep over this, just take the bed, please.” He complained, Haera blinked.

“Taeyong~”

“Sleep on the bed, I’ll take the couch. Go.” He ordered, he folded the blanket nicely and handed it back to her.

“But this is your house and~”

“It’s yours too. So,” Taeyong pulled her up and gestured for her to walk to the bed.

“Just take the bed.”

“Taeyong-ah, th~”

“Please let me sleep in peace tonight, miss actress. I don’t like seeing you all cramped here.” Taeyong shook his head at her, Haera exhaled and padded towards the king-sized bed and plopped down on it.

“Haera?” He spoke, Haera paused and stared at the ceiling.

“What now, Samsung?”

“Can..Can you do me a favor?”

“What is it?” She murmured.

“Avoid her. I…I don’t like you making contact with her.”

Haera’s forehead creased but she nodded.

“Okay. I’ll try not to bump into her.” She said as she pulled the blankets closer to her.

“But, Taeyong-ah,” She spoke.

“Hmm?”

“It’s not nothing.”

“What?”

“Your feelings. It’s not nothing.” She murmured before closing her eyes, Taeyong just exhaled and switched off his phone before dozing off.

 

 

Yoomi leaned on her elbow as she faced her laptop, she was browsing through photos of Taeyong and Haera.

“That could have been my spot.” She said to herself, her forehead creased and she looked away from the screen just as her secretary stepped in the room.

“What is it?”

“The previous manager has~”

“Ah, the photoshoot with SM?” Yoomi smiled.

“Yes, ma’am, we’ll be sending clothes for miss Haera in a few.” She nodded, Yoomin stood up from her seat.

“The shoot is this afternoon, right? What about for the husband? Did we go with the mood board?” She said as she walked out of her office, the lady followed.

“Yes, we did, ma’am. Would you like to see it for yourself?”

“Sure.” Yoomi replied quickly as they got inside the elevator.

“I’ve seen them in real life. It’s totally unfair, they are both so attractive.” Her secretary gushed, Yoomi just nodded, her jaw clenching.

“And, I’ll be attending the shoot myself. Add that to me schedule.” She said as the elevator doors opened and she stepped out.

“Yes, ma’am.”

 

 

“Taeyong, you actually have to smile.” Haera said as she leaned on his desk, they were both inside his office, and Taeyong was sitting on the couch, reviewing some files.

“I know.” He waved her off, Haera rolled her eyes and plopped down on his seat.

“Whoa, this feels like a throne.” She mused as she twirled around.

“What time do we have to be there?” He asked her.

“We have an hour.” Haera yawned, she took out her phone and paused. She frowned and exhaled, she had sent a few messages to Jimin. But no reply ever came.

“What are you doing?” She spoke again.

“Shopping.” Taeyong’s reply short.

“Huh?”

He smiled to himself before standing up, he was fixing his tie as he walked to her.

“Shall we go? You said you needed your makeup done.” He spoke as he reached her, Haera shrugged at him, he grinned before leaning his hands on chair’s armrests.

“What’s eating you? Your face is not swollen, stop worrying.” He teased.

“It’s not that, its….last night, Jimin..he just..” She trailed off, Taeyong’s brows went up, his eyes went to the phone on her lap.

“Then, I’ll drop you off later at his dorm after the shoot. I need to head back to our Songpa branch, so I can’t join you for dinner.” He offered.

“Will that be okay?” Haera blinked.

“Of course.” Taeyong smiled before pressing his nose against her forehead and standing up.

“So, let’s go, Yoo Haera.”

 

 

Haera checked her reflection, she was dressed in a nice pale pink dress that fit her curvy frame nicely, she had a pair of gold stilettos on her feet.

“Are you okay?” The makeup artist asked.

“Of course, she is!” Kai chuckled. Haera sighed, the Exo member had somehow managed to weasel his way in the studio, and he wasn’t alone.

He came with baggage, Wendy and Sehun were also present.

“Look, two ice princes talking to each other.” Haera murmured, Taeyong seemed to get along with Sehun. The Samsung heir’s secretary and two bodyguards watched on with interest as SM staff ran around to get the shoot started.

“Very visually pleasing to look at.” Wendy chuckled approvingly.

“Aesthetically pleasing.” Haera nodded. Kai shook his head, then he noticed Haera’s phone vibrating.

Haera sat up, she was about to grab her phone when Taeyong reached her.

“They want us to check the mood board,” He spoke, Kai leaned back on his seat, Haera’s hand was hovering over her phone as it continued to vibrate.

Haera looked at him, she started to smile. Taeyong wasn’t in his usual environment, so he looked so unsure.

“Arasso, I’ll come with you.” She stood up and left her phone on the desk, Kai blinked and he watched the two.

“You look nice.” Haera was teasing him, tugging on the lapels of his Balmain suit, Taeyong shook his head at her and brushed her hair back away from her face.

Kai glanced at the phone again.

“How do I look? Pretty?” Haera asked him.

“Pretty.” Taeyong rolled his eyes at her, Haera laughed before looping her arm around his as they approached the director.

 

 

“What is this I smell?” Kai murmured before flipping the phone over and walking to Sehun.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++