008

Can We Be Friends?

 

Haera exhaled and leaned back on her chair, she was inside SM’s studio, preparing to have new photos taken for the company gallery.

She heard the door swing open.

“You’re next?” She recognized Kai’s voice.

“Yes, how do I look?”

“You mean, how does it look?” Kai replied as he took the seat across her, the makeup artist was patting on some matte lipstick on her lips.

“The admin office is already taking care of it, I’m sure it will die down soon.”

“Ya, how long have you been in this business? A week?” Kai chided, Haera sighed and opened her eyes.

“People are already commenting that it could be true. They think you’re in it for the money.”

“What now? Are you going to create another scandal to overthrow mine?” Haera asked dryly.

“Maybe we can,” Another voiced joined in, Haera grinned and raised her fist to the older male.

“I already returned your earphones, oppa.”

“I know, I’m just here to say hi and pick him up.” Kyungsoo pointed towards Kai. Haera grinned and stood up to hug the older male.

“We should hang out soon, I miss your cooking.”

“Come over next week.” Kyungsoo patted her hand before leaving, Kai walked to the girl.

“It might get worse, all those rumors.” He said worriedly.

“I know, but I’m not worried. Taeyong and I, we actually do have proof that we’ve known each other for years.”

“I’m not worried about that, you’re a chaebol kid too, people just don’t know yet.” Kai replied, Haera paused.

“That thing you have Jimin. You have to be careful it will never come out.”

“Oppa,” She frowned, Kai ignored her protests.

“I know you’re careful, but now, there are so many eyes on you. Remember, it happened to me too.” He said with a small smile before poking her cheek.

“Arasso, now go.” She pouted, Kai grinned before leaving the room.

Haera puffed her cheeks, she was about to take a seat when she heard her manager calling for her.

 

 

People were staring as as he stood inside the studio, Taeyong looked around and recognized the familiar male.

“Did you come for Haera? She didn’t mention you’d be~”

“Taeyong-ah,” Haera appeared, she was wearing a nice flowy lavender dress that showed a bit off her legs.

He glanced around them before plastering a smile on his face.

“I..I just saw the article, I was worried it would be..” Taeyong trailed off as Haera reached him.

“Ah, that. Don’t worry, the company’s already trying to contact the~”

“All the articles are gone already.” Her manager blurted, he looked dumbfounded as he kept on checking his phone.

“See? That Samsung influence. He had it all taken down in thirty minutes.” Sora, the coordi whispered to the makeup artist.

Haera looked at her husband questioningly, Taeyong gave her a minima shrug. She smiled at and shook her head.

“I forgot. You scare people.”

“How are you still smiling? Did you see it?” Taeyong asked her, he could feel that the photographer was taking photos of them.

“Because it’s not true.”

Taeyong paused, his brows meeting briefly.

“They were talking bad about you, Haera.” He stated.

“I know, but..it’s part of my job. I get hate on a daily basis too.”

Taeyong scrunched his nose.

“How do you two feel about taking candid photos?” The photographer asked, Haera nudged Taeyong.

“Just something for the statement we’re releasing tomorrow. And the interview in a few days.” He said.

“Sounds good, oppa.” Haera nodded, she faced Taeyong again.

“Well?”

Taeyong nodded back before taking her hand in his.

“Well, I don’t like it.” He replied with a smile as the photographer clicked away, taking candid shots of the couple.

“What?” Haera asked, Taeyong looked around them.

“This is your workplace. These people have to believe the lie too.” He said quietly, Haera nodded.

“The false rumors. The hate. I don’t like it.” He statedbefore tucking a lock of her hair behind her hear.

Haera stilled, realization started to hit her.

“T—Taeyong, I..forgot. It might afftect you, the company and~”

“I didn’t mean that. I just don’t like it. That’s why Samsung is suing those reporters.” Taeyong winked.

Haera paused, her eyes widened.

“What a sadist.” She muttered, Taeyong just squeezed her hand before letting go.

“I think that’s enough,” He spoke up, the photographer nodded and put his camera down. Haera grew amused, he seems to have so much authority among others. But he didn’t seem to be aware of it.

“You don’t need to drive her home later, I’ll come pick her up.” He said with a small bow towards Honghyun.

“Do we have plans again?” Haera followed him to the doors.

“Yeah, we need to collect wedding gifts.” He whispered back.

“Yuck.” She shuddered, Taeyong chuckled before exiting the room.

“Our Haera is married to a literal prince charming.” Her manager hummed before going back to the dressing room.

 

 

“Don’t you feel like our children have been fastidiously ignoring us lately?” Haera’s mother asked as she picked up her tea, Taeyong’s mother eyed the two warily.

“Do you think they’d just stroll in here happily when you forced them to marry?” She chided, Mr. Lee looked away with a sheepish grin.

“Ani, what kind of girl would do that? Stealing from your in-laws.” The other lady shook her head.

“That’s what I’m saying, I wasn’t expecting that to happen since she came from a good family. We were short-sighted.” He defended, but his wife shook her head.

“You two just found the perfect opportunity to become family, I don’t know if I should be amazed or worried.” She chuckled, Haera’s mother just grinned back at her.

“I can sleep peacefully now, knowing it’s Haera who is with our son.” Mr. Lee smiled to himself.

“Me too, no other man is worthy of my daughter.”

“Two best friends, throwing their children together. Sounds like a rom-com, or a recipe for trouble.” Mrs. Lee nodded along.

“Do you think they’ll finally talk to us by next week? We have that party at the company.” Mr. Lee asked.

“Knowing Haera, she wont. She hasn’t been answering any my calls.”

 

 

Jimin rushed to park his car just across the street. He grabbed his baseball cap and slid down from the vehicle.

He was about to cross the street when he noticed a familiar Mercedes Benz sandwiched by two black SUVs.

He paused, trying to remember how he knew the car. And then he saw Taeyong exit the building. Jimin’s brows met briefly.

Taeyong was about to get in his car when Haera appeared by the doors, she was dressed in a thin gauze gown.

“Lee Taeyong!” She called.

Taeyong paused, Jimin started to walk towards them while trying to take his coat off.

“Did I forget something?” Taeyong asked her, he took off his jacket quickly before draping it around her.

Jimin halted, he saw Haera shake her head.

His jaw clenched and unclenched as he studied the jacket around her shoulders.

“No, can we hit the mart later? I started this new diet. And the food at home isn’t exactly…you know.” She reasoned.

“Yeah, we can. I’ll pick you around four?” He replied as he pulled the coat closer to her frame.

“Sounds okay.” She stated, Taeyong was about to speak when he felt someone looking at them. He turned his head, Haera followed his gaze.

She started to smile when he saw Jimin, she was about to pull away from Taeyong when a SM staff stepped out of the door.

“Haera-yah! It’s time for second shoot.” He called out, Haera stilled.

Taeyong dropped his hands to his side.

“Are you okay?” Jimin mouthed.

Haera was about to reply but the male started to call for her again.

“I’m sorry, president Lee. But we’re kind of tight on time.” He looked at Taeyong.

Taeyong just shook his head and gestured for Haera to go back, she frowned and looked at Jimin apologetically before following the staff.

“I’ll call you.” She mouthed back to him before giving Taeyong a wave and getting inside the building.

Taeyong exhaled and looked at his direction, Jimin gave him a small nod. He nodded back before sliding inside his Mercedes.

Jimin watched as the two SUVs followed the vehicle, he shook his head and snorted.

 

 

“What a showy bastard.” He muttered before strolling back to his car.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++