027

Can We Be Friends?

 

Haera exhaled and took the seat across Jimin, they were inside the boys’ dorm.

“I didn’t know your brother was in town.” Jimin said carefully, Haera shrugged.

“I never mentioned it to you.” She replied, Jimin sighed and reached for her hand.

“I know I haven’t exactly been the best..boyfriend lately. But,”

“But, what? Do you need me to explain everything again?”

Jimin flinched, Haera exhaled.

“It’s just seeing you with him, it makes me want to go back when things weren’t this complicated.”

Haera bit her lip, she sighed.

“Well, we can’t go back to that. Not anymore.”

“What do you mean?”

Haera exhaled, she pulled her hand away from him.

“Maybe some space would do us well.”

“Haera, what are you~”

Haera started to stand, she picked up her coat and purse.

“Things are just getting too..toxic for me, and I need to refocus.”

“Are you leaving me for him?” Jimin met her gaze.

“I’m doing this for me. I have a lot of things to focus on, my work, my projects and myself.”

“Do you expect me to buy that bull, Haera?” He snapped at her, Haera paused, she started to shake her head.

“I always did think you would understand, you of all people did understand me so well.” She said quietly.

“Haera~”

“I have to go.” She stated before leaving the unit.

 

 

Taeyong looked up just as Haera stepped in the dining room, he set his cup of coffee down.

“Did you come in late?” He asked her.

“No, I slept in the guest room. I didn’t want to wake you.” She said as she stopped before him, Taeyong paused. She was not taking her seat, instead Haera exhaled.

“I have two filming locations to be at today.” She spoke, Taeyong nodded.

“Hey, is everything alright?” He asked her, Haera gave him a small quick smile before picking up a piece of bread from the table.

“I just have a long day ahead of me. Take care.” She said before rushing out of the room, Taeyong’s forehead creased.

“Haera, wait!” He rushed after her, Haera paused by the doors, Taeyong bit his lip before reaching her.

“We’re moving to the house next week, I just wanted to check your schedule.”

“Monday’s okay.” She replied, Taeyong smiled and nodded.

“Have fun at work..I guess?” He said, Haera chuckled, she squeezed his hand before leaving.

“What’s wrong, Haera?” He murmured to himself as he went back to the dining hall.

Something was up, Haera looked so tense and pale. He finished his coffee and walked back to his home office, he took a seat on his desk and noticed that his phone was ringing.

He exhaled before picking up the call.

“What is it?”

“Sir, it’s the news.”

 

 

Haera sat still on her seat as the van started to move forward, she stared at the iPad and let out a shaky breath.

“What is this?” She whispered as she looked at the photos.

“Your phone’s been ringing, Haera.” Her manager spoke again, Haera looked up from the screen.

“Switch it off.” She said as she browsed through the photos of Taeyong and Yoomi.

Apparently, someone had photographed them having dinner together, watching a movie and even shopping in broad daylight.

Haera put the device down and closed her eyes.

“Haera, we can call the director~”

“No, I have to do my job. I’ll deal with that later. Besides, Taeyong has his own legal team.”

“Haera~”

“I just want to work today, unnie, please.” She sighed, her phone started to ring.

“It’s probably Kai.” Honghyun commented from the front seat, Haera looked at the screen.

“It is.” She murmured before covering herself with a blanket and closing her eyes. Her managers glanced at her in worry.

 

 

“Why are the articles still up?” Taeyong asked as he dropped the laptop on the desk with a loud thud, the three males behind the computer jumped.

“President, we’ve been trying to reach the pubication~”

“Why do we need to do that? Shut them down.” Taeyong snapped, his eyes were cold and empty.

“But, sir, that would just feed the rumors. If we do that, they will really think that you are…having an affair.”

Taeyong paused, his fists curled.

“What about Haera?” He spoke, his secretary shook his head.

“She’s still unreachable, sir.”

Taeyong let out a shaky breath, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“I’ll call her company to find out her location, I need you to send a security team to her right now.” He said before walking out of the room, Taeyong loosened his tie.

“What about the photos? People are already talking about miss Han, sir. What if they find out what really happened?”

“It won’t. Make sure that does not get out, or it will be the end of our legal team.”

His secretary nodded quickly, Taeyong paused.

“I just damaged her career, didn’t I?” He said softly.

“President,” His secretary frowned, Taeyong shook his head.

“I’ll be releasing a statement this afternoon, keep Haera safe.”

“Safe? Sir, she’s~”

“I meant her and Jimin. I don’t want any of that leaked.”

“Yes, president.”

Taeyong nodded, he made his way back to his office and took a seat. It was all over the place, photos of him and Yoomi, dining alone. Yoomi getting in his car and even touching his hair.

Taeyong pushed his phone away from him.

“Yoomi’s bad news, Tae.”

“She’s only back because she wants attention. That’s what she’s always been after.”

 

“Better me than you, actress Yoo.” He said to himself as he leaned back on his seat.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++