016

Can We Be Friends?

Haera sat down, her brows furrowed together, stylists were still fleeting around her, fixing her hair, fluffing her gown and making sure she looked perfect for the camera. They still had a few more shots to be completed and she already wanted to go home.

Her eyes went to Yoomi who was checking the different set outfits.

“Ya,”

She looked up, it was her manager.

“What’s wrong? You should be smiling right now, they’re observing you.” Honghyun urged, Haera blinked at him.

“I don’t exactly feel like~”

“I’m sorry that call took long.” Taeyong approached her, Haera smiled.

“It’s fine, sit down.” Haera nodded at him.

“I’ll leave you two to discuss about the interview.” Honghyun said before stepping away from them, Taeyong sat down on the couch beside her.

“I didn’t know she’d be here.” Haera said softly, she saw how Taeyong’s brows knit together but he shook his head.

“I’m sorry, this is a little risky, huh?” She added.

“It’s much more inconvenient for you, Haera.” He replied, Hara paused.

“If she opens , it will hurt you too.” Taeyong stated.

“Taeyong~”

“So, don’t worry about me. I’m the one who’s supposed to be worrying over you.”

“I don’t think she’ll ever tell anyone.”

“Still, you were dragged into this mess. It’s my responsibility to keep you safe.” Taeyong winked at her, he saw how one of her heels were unstrapped.

“Is this the part where you show off using your money?” She rolled her eyes, Taeyong chuckled and shook his head at her.

“Why? Were you impressed?” He asked her playfully as he leaned down to fix her shoe, the staff around them smiled to themselves.

“Oh my god, was that your attempt at being funny?” She gasped before laughing.

 

 

“Kai, Sehun and Wendy had to leave.” Haera’s manager, Sion announced.

“I know,” Haera frowned as she loosened the curls on her hair, they had just finished the shoot and she was hungry.

“Food’s served outside, your husband’s already having a bite.”

Haera nodded, she stood up and padded out of the dressing room and saw Taeyong chatting with her stylist while holding onto an unbitten sandwich.

Haera smiled before approaching him.

“How was it? Fun?” She mused as she placed her hand on his shoulder, then before Taeyong could react, Yoomi and her secretary approached them.

“Thank you for letting us sponsor your shoot.” She said conversationally, Haera smiled back.

“We don’t really get decide that, it’s always up to the company.”

Taeyong looked around them, the staff were all eating happily, his eyes went to Yoomi again.

“Taeyong-ah, can we talk?” Yoomi said quietly, he felt Haera drop her hand.

“I’ll go wait in the car, they’re wrapping up anyway. I have to greet the directors too.” She spoke before stepping away from them.

Yoomi chewed on her lip as Taeyong met her gaze.

“You did this to corner me.” He spoke.

“I don’t want to fight, Taeyong. People are watching.”

“Then, what do you want?” He replied, conscious of the staff moving around them.

“I want to know what happened. How did you end up with Haera?”

“Don’t you know the answer to that yourself?” Taeyong said evenly, Yoomi halted, she swallowed and looked away.

“I have to go check on Haera.” He stated before turning away from her.

 

 

Haera checked her reflection again, she had taken off her makeup and was now clad in an oversized hoodie and thick leggings.

“Do you want us to drop you off? Or you’re riding with your husband?” Honghyun asked as the staff started to pack her things.

“Aniya, Kai and I are going on a date.” She replied with a grin.

“You two really.” Sion shook her head, it was three years ago when rumors about her and Kai secretly dating started. The company clarified twice that they were just friends, but they were often seen together in public. But as years went by, people started to understand their friendship and that the reporters gave up on them.

Haera grabbed her purse and stepped out of the room, she saw Taeyong and Yoomi speaking to each other.

“I should let them talk.” She murmured, she made her way to the doors but Taeyong called for her.

“Are you going? I’ll drive~”

“No. I…Just..talk to her. Settle things.” She said, Taeyong paused, she saw how his brows knitted together.

“Haera, we don’t~”

“You need to talk to her, you need to…at least ask her why she did that. And, don’t you want them back? The jewelry she stole?”

“But I can do that some other time, I~”

“Now’s the perfect time, people here now we were classmates. They wont be suspicious if you two talk for a long time.” Haera took her hand away from his grip.

“Haera,”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be grabbing lunch with Kai. You don’t have to worry, us going out alone wont start a scandal.” She chuckled heartily.

“I’m not worried about~”

“Just go, talk to her. I’ll let you know once I get home.” Haera winked before kissing his cheek, Taeyong bit his lip as he watched the girl leave.

“Dinner. I wanted to get dinner together.” He said to himself, then Yoomi joined him.

“Then, can you talk to now?” She asked him, Taeyong faced the girl.

“I’ve been trying to reach you. You know we have a lot to discuss.”

 

 

“So, the wife gave way to the runaway bride?” Kai recounted as he picked up another drumstick, the two were at a chicken restaurant just blocks away from SM’s Gangnam office.

“It’s complicated, oppa.” She said as she took off the skin from her chicken, he happily took it from her.

“Why? It’s an arranged marriage and it fell off.” Kai shrugged.

“No. Taeyong…he had feelings for her. Or he still has, I don’t know.” She murmured, Kai paused and he put down his chicken.

“Ya, it’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself.”

“I’m kinda between them, I mean, if I only stood up for myself and did not let this wedding happen, they would have had a chance to~”

“Haera, she stole from them and left. End of story.” Kai pointed out, she frowned.

“Still, I feel like one of those girls in dramas. Getting in between a couple.”

Kai pointed towards her phone, a new message had arrived. Haera followed his gaze and bit her lip.

“I bet there’s another story.” Kai mused as Haera picked up her phone to open the message.

Can we talk? I’ll wait outside your house. –Jimin

Haera bit her lip before typing a short reply, then she faced Kai again.

“It was at that party….Jimin…I don’t know.”

“Oh, so the tug of war has started!” Kai cheered, Haera slapped his arm.

“I mean, I understand why Jimin’s acting up, but~”

“He’s threatened, Yoo Haera.” Kai said flatly.

“What are you talking about?”

“You wanted to go public, remember? But he was against it. And now, you got married to this young business tycoon. He’s a Samsung heir too, how do you think Jimin feels about it?”

“He knows, oppa. He knows that Taeyong and I~”

“I know he does. But, think about it. He’s threatened of Taeyong. He sees him as competition.” Kai explained before eating again.

“But he’s not.” Haera replied.

“Taeyong? I don’t think he isn’t.” Kai leaned back on his seat with a smirk on his face.

“Stop playing around.” Haera hissed at him.

“Look, whatever happens, I’m on your side, actress Yoo. This oppa just wants you to be happy.” He said while making a finger heart.

“Oh my god, why is he like this?” Haera sighed before standing up.

“I’m going to get us more napkins.” She said as she walked away from their table, Kai smiled and picked up another drumstick.

 

“I bet he is. Taeyong is competition.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++