019

Can We Be Friends?

Haera glanced at the empty seat beside her and shrugged at her mother.

“Told you he was busy.” She stated before eating.

“Well, he would have made some time if only you reminded him.” Her mother nagged again.

Mr. Ji chuckled before taking another spoonful of rice, Haera glanced at her phone again.

I’ll be there in ten minutes. –Taeyong

“Eomma, he’s usually so busy.” She stated.

“We know that, it’s not easy running a company especially if you’re child is running away from it too.”

Haera flinched, her father shook his head before placing another slice of meat on her bowl.

“Now, now, let’s be nice.” He hummed.

“Eomma, like I said, I’m not made for that. Find another heir.” She muttered.

“Who? Taeyong? How about you make kids now.”

Haera almost spat on her plate, her mother laughed.

“One point for me.” She said to herself.

“My family scares me.” Haera said to herself before picking up her juice, then her phone buzzed again. It was a message from Namjoon.

Her brows rose up as she read the message.

 

 

Taeyong pulled over in front of the Han residence, Yoomi unbuckled her seatbelt.

“You must feel stressed out, you have more eyes watching you now.” She spoke.

“You can go down now,” He spoke, Yoomi’s frowned.

“Can’t we at least go back to being friends?”

Taeyong faced her.

“I trusted you, Yoomi. Despite how crazy are parents were for arranging us, I trusted that you wouldn’t disappear on me.” He stated.

“But then you went up and left. It took a lot of convincing so that my parents wouldn’t file a case against you, and the only thing that’s stopping them is that the possibility of another scandal breaking out. It will affect me, but if people found out you stole, what will it do? What will happen to your family? What will happen to your career?”

Yoomi bit her lip.

“You can’t choose her, Taeyong. You can’t.”

Taeyong let out a shaky breath, he leaned in and cupped her cheek.

“I can’t guarantee you anything, wanting me back will just hurt you.” He spoke, Yoomi looked up and she gave him a small sad smile.

“Give me a chance to make things right.” She said, Taeyong smiled back and kissed the back of her hand.

 

 

Have you seen Jimin? He hasn’t come home since last night. –Namjoon oppa

Haera slid inside her Bentley, she gave her parents a wave before driving away from the property. She started to call Taeyong again.

He hasn’t been picking up since lunch, and her calls just went straight to voicemail. Haera shook her head as her call got diverted again.

She reached the highway and started to drive for Samsung’s main office.

“He said he’d be coming, did something happen?” She murmured as she stepped on the gas, it took her almost twenty minutes to reach his office.

Haera stepped down from the car, she was approached by Taeyong’s security detail.

“Samonim,”

“Is Taeyong here? I was expecting him.” She asked as they followed her to the building.

“He left with miss Han earlier, samonim. He said it was urgent, he had to leave the meeting.”

Haera paused, she turned to face the males.

“Yoomi? Yoomi was here?”

“Yes, samonim.”

Haera nodded before biting her lip.

“Uhm, can~”

“Samsung samonim?” A voice made her turn, Johnny was walking towards her, he had a few males following him from behind.

“Johnny,” She smiled at him, people were starting to stare at her, some were already taking photos.

“What brings you here? I thought Taeyong left the meeting for you.” He said before hugging the girl.

“I think he didn’t, it was Yoomi.” She said as the guards backed away, Johnny’s brows rose.

“Ah, really?” His eyes narrowed briefly.

“Anyway, I kind of have to go, it was nice seeing you.” She said.

“Oh, yeah, drive safely.” Johnny said, the girl walked back to her car, and the Lotte heir started to shake his head to himself.

“What an idiot, he has the real deal here, why is he still running back to her?”

 

 

Haera looked at the building doubtfully, she chucked her car key fob in her jean pocket before walking towards its entrance, she halted when she noticed a black SUV park beside her.

“Samonim,” Her guards rushed to her, Haera winced.

“It’s fine, I’m just visiting a friend here.” She said with a polite smile.

“It’s our job to keep you safe,”

Haera bit her lip, not wanting to argue with them, she gestured for the three males to follow her. They stepped in the lobby and wordlessly got in the elevator.

They reached the eleventh floor and Haera searched for the familiar unit, she typed in a short passcode and the door opened.

“Stay here.” She said before entering the unit, the guards stayed behind while looking around the hall furtively.

Haera stepped in the unit, it was Jimin’s, he bought it last year without the company or any of s knowing. It had turned into this hiding spot every time he needed some peace and quiet and Haera had a feeling he was in the unit as of the moment.

She made her way to the kitchen and living room, she saw a familiar hoodie on the couch, she smiled relief before walking to the bedroom.

“Namjoon oppa texted me.” She spoke as she walked in, Jimin was on the bed, laying flat on his back.

“You’re not the person who I was expecting to come pick me up here.” He said softly as he sat up, Haera chewed on her lower lip and gave him a small shrug.

“We both do stupid things sometimes.” She said, Jimin exhaled before standing up.

“I was thinking about calling you, but I was afraid you’d hang up on me.” He confessed, Haera shook her head at him. He stood up and walked towards her.

“You have to stop seeing Taeyong that way, it’s not right. He puts up with so much when it comes to me.”

Jimin frowned, he just silently wrapped her arms around the girl and buried his face on her hair.

“I’m sorry,” He whispered, Haera shrugged, Jimin smiled before pulling away to meet her gaze.

“But you have to understand me, sometimes it can get too much. People love talking about you and him.”

“You know the truth. You know why we have to pretend.”

Jimin looked away, Haera exhaled before kissing his cheek.

“Have you eaten? I don’t think so.” She said to him, not noticing that her phone was ringing in her purse.

“Pizza?” He asked, Haera snorted.

 

“That sounds great.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++