010

Can We Be Friends?

 

“Look who’s here!” Namjoon chirped as he opened the door, Haera grinned at him as he let her in.

“Finally you guys have a free day.” She said as she walked in to the dorm, Taehyung gave her a lazy wave from the couch.

“Did you bring food, noona?” Jungkook walked towards her.

“I did.” She said to him, then Jimin stepped out of his room.

“I was thinking you’d be busy playing Samsung wife today.” He said in a teasing tone, but it made Namjoon pause.

“I did promise I’ll be here.” Haera nudged him playfully, Jimin chuckled before kissing the side of her head.

“I don’t see Jin oppa and~”

“Hey, miss Yoo.” Suga greeted her as he walked out of the kitchen.

“Jin hyung is protecting his kitchen, Hoseok hyung wants to try one of his food experiments again.”

Haera laughed, Jimin just took her hand and they walked towards their study.

“How is it? Chaebol boy still treating you right?” He asked.

“You mean Taeyong? He’s not what you think. He’s not some spoiled brat.” She shook her head at him, Jimin shrugged.

“Look, I know you’re not comfortable with all this, and I understand. But,” Haera walked towards him before placing both of her arms around his neck.

“Trust me, okay?” She tilted her head at him.

Jimin bit his lip before nodding back.

“Okay.” He said before pressing his lips against hers.

 

 

Taeyong leaned back on his seat as the meeting went on, he felt his phone buzz. He took it out and read the message from his friend.

Guess who’s back in town? At our usual place. Burgers and milkshakes. –Yuta

Taeyong mentally shook his head and continued on with the meeting, it ended rather quickly and he was approached by his secretary.

“I already have what you asked for, sir.” He said as he followed Taeyong out of the room, he nodded and took the folder from him.

“Busan High School,” He murmured as he read through the file, Taeyong paused.

“Well, he met samonim a few years back at an award show, she was there to congratulate Exo.”

“Right, she mentioned Exo, her friends.” Taeyong nodded along, they reached his office and he paused when he noticed a small box on his desk.

“It arrived while you were in a meeting, it reportedly came from samonim.”

“Haera?” Taeyong was confused, he opened the box and started to grin. He took out the autographed photo of herself and shook his head. His secretary hid his smile, then there was something stuck on it.

It was a small keychain with a penguin plushie.

“Quite a bargain, sir. A car for an autograph photo plush a small stuffed animal.” His secretary said lightly.

“Yoo Haera will be Yoo Haera. Anyway, I’ll be stepping out this afternoon.”

“Will you be attending the party tonight? It’s quite important.”

“Yes, I’ll text Haera about it later.”

 

 

Jimin stepped back in his room, he heard Haera’s phone ringing in her purse. His brows rose and fished it out.

“Jimin-ah! Food’s ready!” She called out from the living room.

Jimin took out the still ringing phone and looked at the screen, his brows rose.

Taeyong

“Jimin!”

He shook his head before putting the phone on silent and tossing it back in the Chanel purse, he stepped out of the room and joined Haera.

“What took you so long?” She asked him, the other members had given them privacy and stepped out of the dorm.

“I was just checking my emails. What are we having?” Jimin smiled and mussed her hair.

“Well, I brought some spaghetti over, and spicy rice cakes.” She nodded along before handing him a fork.

“Don’t you have any schedules today?” She yawned before picking up her utensils.

“Nothing for today, so, let’s just be lazy together for the rest of the afternoon.” He chuckled before eating.

“Sounds great.” Haera replied, Jimin smiled at her before glancing at his room’s door briefly.

“What should we start with today? A movie?” Jimin asked her, Haera nodded back.

“Sounds good.”

 

 

“What a waste, I was really curious who got to marry Samsung’s ice prince.”

Yuta laughed, Taeyong just shook his head and set his phone down on the table.

“Maybe you’ll see her later.” Taeyong spoke.

“Ah, right, that party. Jaehyun’s family.” Yuta nodded quickly.

“So, how is it? How is she?” Seo Youngho, or better known as Johnny asked him. Like Yuta, Taeyong met him during his college days and have remained friends ever since.

“I’ve known Haera longer than the two of you, so, she’s fine. We get along well.”

Johnny grinned and wiggled his brows at him.

“Don’t get any ideas.” Taeyong waved him off.

“Why? I’ve seen her photos. How do you not fall for that beauty?” Johnny cackled.

“Right. You married a literal goddess. And yet, here you are shrugging about it.” Yuta mused before picking up his milkshake.

“Haera…is my friend, and I respect her. Easy as that.”

“Of course you say that now, what if the ice prince falls for the goddess?” Johnny hummed.

“Cut it out.” Taeyong said dryly. Yuta chortled.

“He can’t ever fall for her. Then it will be messy.” Yuta spoke.

“Huh? Why?”

“Our goddess already has someone, so technically, Taeyong is an affair.”

Johnny paused, he tilted his head.

“She has a boyfriend. A celebrity too. But you better be quiet about it.” Yuta explained, Johnny shook his head in amusement.

“Wow, you are so going to get migraines in the future.” The Seo heir mused at his friend.

“She’s not picking up.” Taeyong was distracted.

“Easy, trace her signal.” Yuta rolled his eyes.

“I wont do that.” Taeyong stood up and picked up his coat.

“I’ll see you two later. I have some things to finish at work, and welcome back, Seo Youngho.”

“Wait, isn’t tonight your first appearance as a couple? Aside from the wedding?” Yuta blinked.

“Yeah, that’s why we better not mess it up.” He shrugged at his friend.

Taeyong bumped fists with him before stepping out of the café, Yuta watched as their friend got in his Mercedes Benz and sped off.

“Why do I have a strange feeling that things will definitely change?” He murmured, Johnny leaned back on his seat.

 

“It most likely will.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++