028

Can We Be Friends?

Haera sat down in front of the mirror, she checked the time on her phone. It was already two in the morning, they had been filming for more than five hours.

She picked up a cleansing wipe and erased her makeup, she heard her manager step into the room.

“I just want to know if you want to drop us off or your Taeyong sent someone.”

Haera shook her head, she faced Sion and smiled.

“Oppa’s picking me up.”

“You know we trust you a lot, Haera. But who is this oppa?” Sion said carefully.

“My older brother. The doctor?” Haera said with a small smile, she saw her manager let out a big breath.

“Okay, we’ll clean up after you dress up.”

Haera nodded and thanked her before she left, she stood up to grab her sneakers, then her phone started to ring.

She walked to the table again, she chewed on her lip before rejecting the call. She put her coat and shoes on, picked up her Hermes purse and slipped out of the room.

 

 

“Your friend messaged me. The one who dances well.” Changwook said as Haera walked in his living room.

“Yeah, I don’t want to deal with that now.” She replied before plopping down on the couch, Changwook frowned. 

Haera took out her phone, her brows rose as she read the text she just received.

"Little ." She mutered under her breath.

“What are you doing, Haera? Why are you not going home? Taeyong must be so worried.” He said softly.

“I just need time away from all of it, oppa.” She said while staring at the ceiling.

“Haera, this scandal isn’t your fault. Besides, Taeyong released a statement~”

“I know, they all think that he married this airhead actress and is now regretting it because there’s an obviously better choice around him now.”

“That’s not what he said, Haera.” Changwook sighed, she sat up.

“I’m not mad at him, oppa.” She explained, he paused. Changwook stood up and sat down beside her.

“Then, why are you here? Why are you hiding?”

“I told Jimin yesterday that I needed some space.”

“What?”

“And I meant it, I really meant it.”

“Haera, if this is about what happened the other night, it’s not~”

“I’m sick of it, oppa. I mean, if he can’t understand me now, how will we ever last? I can’t just toss Taeyong away for him.” She spoke, Changwook’s brows went up.

“Haera, Taeyong just caused you a scandal. And you’re taking his side.”

“I kind of have to. I’m married to him.” She said as she stood up, Changwook paused.

“So, what Jimin said was right? Are you really going to choose him?”

Haera exhaled and faced her brother.

“You're lying to me now, Haera. Being married to him does not mean you should take his side. And we both know you know that.”

"The longer I stay with him, the more he gets destroyed, oppa."

"You have feelings for him." Changwook stated. Haera smiled to herself before picking up her phone from the couch, her fingers curled around it tightly.

"I wont act on it."

"Haera,"

"But I will make sure Yoomi doesn't hurt him."

 

 

Johnny scrunched his nose as he went through the article again, Yuta was studying their friend across the table.

“Kinda crazy, didn’t expect it from you.” Johnny said, Taeyong didn’t react and just continued with his meal.

“Did she call back?” Yuta asked him, Taeyong shook his head.

“You just admitted you were cheating on her, Taeyong. Her fans want to kill you.”

“Why are taking all the blame? Did she even know you were going to do this?”

“I caused all this. If only I hadn’t gone with that wedding, Yoomi wouldn’t feel so pressured. She wouldn’t have to run away; no wedding would have happened. But I…I just let is slide, thinking it was just part of work.”

“Taeyong~”

“And, Haera, being the daughter of my father’s best friend, had to be dragged into my mess. Her life had to change because of me. She’s been put through so much criticism because of me.”

“Still, there must be another way to~”

“It’s better me than her, Johnny.” He stated before picking up his coffee.

“This wont be good for the company.”

“I know, I already informed my secretary that I’d be having an emergency meeting this afternoon.”

“What about Haera?”

“She’s safe. That’s all that matters now.”

 

 

Haera walked in to SM’s main office, she avoided passing my by the offices and just headed straight for Exo’s practice room.

“Oh, hi.” Kai said cheerfully as he walked in, Suho was frowning as she approached the girl.

“Haera, are you okay? We all heard about it.” He said worriedly as he hugged her.

“Yes, we were so worried about her, but the ungrateful brat never called us back.” Kai said sweetly, Suho threw him a look.

“Thank you, oppa. I’m fine. I just need to borrow Kai for a bit.”

Kai rolled his eyes and sauntered out of the room, Haera sighed and followed him.

“Your husband just pulled the ultimate move. He admitted to cheating on you. So, why don’t you do it too?” He beamed at her, Haera slapped his arm.

“Seriously, what were you thinking? Why did you let him do that? The higher ups are at a loss too.”

“I didn’t know he was going to do that. I just assumed he’d just close down the articles or throw his money at it and it would go away.”

“Really? Really?” He crossed his arms and stared at her.

“What are you planning now, Haera?” Kai asked.

“I have filming with Sehun oppa for tomorrow, I’ll probably have to fly out to Jeju for more than a week for that.”

“I’m not your husband, why are you telling me all this?”

“The thing is,”

“Haera, just spit it out. We can find a way out of this.” Kai sighed before taking her hands in his.

“Maybe Jimin’s right,”

“Huh?” Kai blinked at him just as he saw the elevator doors open behind the her.

“I might have fell for the glamour of being a Samsung wife.” She finished, Kai was about to reply when he saw the three males in dark suits rushing towards them.

“I may have made a mistake, oppa.”

“Samonim!”

Haera stilled and glanced behind her.

“Taeyong?” Kai looked at the girl, Haera bit her lip.

“I want Yoomi go away.” She said softly just as the guards reached her.

“We’re here to pick you up, it’s the president.” The guard spoke, Kai let go of her.

“Why? Did something happen?”

“He called in a board meeting, and it wont look good if you weren’t there. He didn’t send for us, but..but we think that if you were there with him then it would~”

“I’ll just get my things and we can leave.” Haera said, the two nodded and informed that they have a car waiting downstairs.

“Haera, what are you saying?” Kai spoke, the girl faced him again.

 

 

“I made a mistake telling him to go to her. And now it’s backfiring on me.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++