Chapter 2- First Chat

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

The next morning she walked to school and watched her back in case Jun Hyung came behind her again.

Sa Rang went to sit in her seat and talked to Soo Young. “Hey, Soo Young unni,” she said. Soo Young turned around and looked at her. “What?” she asked. “How do you meet people in the LoveChat.com site?” she asked. “Why? Are you in it too?”

“No,” Sa Rang said sarcastically chuckling. “No,” she said again waving her hand in front of her. “But, how did you and your boyfriend get to know each other and talk to each other?” she asked. “Why do you want to know then?” Soo Young asked. Sa Rang looked around trying to think of what to say. “Just because...” she said. “Well, he looked at my profile picture and thought I looked cute and decided to add me in as a friend. Then we just started to talk afterwards. There’re other people you can meet too. But he said I was the one who stood out to him the most.” Soo Young said romantically. “Oh,” Sa Rang said turning the other way thinking to herself.

At lunch, she went into the bathroom and into a stall and took some photos of herself. She looked at them afterwards and sighed. “Not good.” She said then got out of the stall and went out to explore again. She took a picture of her school and posted it up as one of her photo. “My school...” she said slowly while writing it, describing it. She smiled and walked back to class.

After school, she got home and went to look at her page online. She looked at the photo of her school she posted up and saw that there was a comment on it. She gasped and looked at it. It was from someone with the username of JOON. She looked at his comment and it read. “Hey, What’s your real name?”

Sa Rang looked at the writing confused. “Aren’t we supposed to keep it a secret?” she thought to herself then smiled. “Are you... a guy, or a girl?” Sa Rang said to herself while writing it down to JOON. 

“A guy of course. Why would my name be JOON if I were a girl? Are you a guy or a girl?

            “A girl of course.”

“What’s your real name?”

            “Aren’t we supposed to keep it a secret?”

“Not if we want to get to know each other.”

     “Oh, well, let’s get to know each other first then I’ll tell you.”

“Okay, cool.” Sa Rang looked at the username JOON and sighed. “JOON, my future lover,” she said happily.

 A couple days passed.

“I know. I dislike people that are like that.”JOON wrote to her. Sa Rang chuckled and wrote down happily looking at the screen also.

            “So how was school today?”

“Nothing new... same as usual. What about you?”

             “Nothing new either.”

“Hey, can you send me a picture of you?” JOON asked her. Sa Rang read it and thought to herself. “Hmm, a picture.” She said. “I can’t send him a picture of myself yet. That’d be too soon. Hmm, let’s...” she said then went to her mirror and looked at herself. “Let’s get a make over.” She said looking through the drawers.

“Why are you taking so long?” Jun Hyung asked looking at his computer intently eating some cooked noodles. After a couple of minutes, the picture came. He coughed and opened it seeing a picture of a girl with her hair covering half of her face. She had on darkish make up.

“What? Why send me a picture like this?” Jun Hyung asked himself. “Send... me one with your hair up.” Jun Hyung said writing it down.

            “Send me one of you first then I’ll send you one with my hair up.”

 “Ah, really... So stubborn.” Jun Hyung said then looked around his room. He grabbed a cap covering half of his face from his nose up. He smiled greatly and took it.

“What? Why send me a picture like this?” Sa Rang asked herself.

“Sa Rang, go to sleep. It’s getting late.” Sa Rang’s mother said. “Okay, let me turn off my computer first.” She said then her mom left.

           “I have to go to sleep. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

 “Oh, hey, let’s meet tomorrow.” Jun Hyung asked HYORI. Sa Rang read it and gasped.

            “Where?”

“In front of your school after school.”

            “Oh, you know where my school is?

 “Uh, shoot. I don’t want her to think I’m stalking her. Hmm,”

“Well, I have a friend that goes there. And you have a picture of your school as one of your photos. So yeah,”

            “Oh, who is your friend? Maybe I know him?”

“Uh, Yong Jun-” Jun Hyung said writing it at the same time then stopped. “What am I doing?” he said erasing his name. “I can’t tell her that I’m my own friend. Ah,” he said then wrote down something.

“I’ll tell you some other time. It’s getting late anyway.”

             “Oh okay, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.”Sa Rang turned off her computer and went to sleep.