The Second Meet

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

“Uh, yeah, I’m um, yeah, I- I,” Sa Rang said stuttering. “I’m sorry. I’m... just, I’m just really happy, to uh, to- to finally meet you.” She said tearing up. She sniffed. He chuckled. “Are you crying?” he asked her confused tilting his head a little to see her face. “No, well, yeah, but only because I’m happy.” She said. He stared at her intently. He snapped out and coughed. “Let’s go sit down and talk, should we?” Jun Hyung asked. “Yeah, okay.” She said. He turned around and bent his elbow towards her. She looked at him and smiled then wrapped an arm around his arm. They both walked over to the tables. Out of nowhere Jun Hyung suddenly chuckled. Sa Rang looked at him confused. “What is it?” she asked. Jun Hyung looked at her. “Oh, I just um. I just saw something funny.” He lied. “Oh,” she said. They sat down on a table next to each other and looked at each other. “So, where’s your cousin?” she asked him. “Oh, he’s still working on things in the back.” He told her. She chuckled. “Your voice sounds really familiar. Like I’ve heard it before.” She told him. He coughed and tried to make it a little lower. “Oh, well, mostly every one has the same voice.” He told her. She chuckled. “So, you’re a high school senior, right?” she asked him. “Yeah, I’m a senior. You are too, right?” he asked. “Yeah, we’re in the same grade then. That’s good.” She said. They sat in silence for a moment.

            “You look really pretty.” He told her. She looked at him for a while then chuckled. “Thanks. You do too.” She said then spoke in a sudden. “I mean, like you look handsome. Not pretty. Well, you look pretty too, but.” She said then chuckled slightly and stopped herself. He chuckled. “Thanks.” He said then looked at the dance floor and saw people slow dancing. Sa Rang looked over too and smiled knowing what was coming her way. “Would you like to dance with me?” he asked. She chuckled. “Yes,” she said then got up after taking his hand. They walked to the dance floor and slow danced together. Both of his hands on her waist while hers were around his shoulder. They looked at each other and smiled.

            He looked at her and sighed through this nose. “What do you want to do when you get out of school?” he asked her. “I want to go to college. Get a stable job. Settle down. Maybe have kids.” She told him. “Every girl wishes for the same thing.” Jun Hyung told her chuckling. She chuckled. “Well, what do you want?” she asked him. “I...” he said then thought for a minute. “You what?” Sa Rang asked chuckling. He looked at her intently trying to stay focused.

            “Your eyes look really beautiful close up.” He told her. She looked at him and smiled. “Thanks.” She said happily then looked down. “You’re the first guy to ever say that to me.” She told him. “What?”

            “That my eyes were beautiful. And that I’m beautiful.” She said. “No one has ever said that to me before.” She told him. “Oh, I feel kind of special being the first one.” He told her. She chuckled. “You are.” She said. They looked at each other intently until someone bumped into Jun Hyung making him run into Sa Rang. “Whoa,” he said holding onto Sa Rang in his arms. Their faces were inches away from each other. Jun Hyung lifted her up and looked behind him to see whom it was while Sa Rang’s eyes were stuck on him.

            “I’m sorry.” The man who bumped into him said. Jun Hyung looked back at Sa Rang. “Are you okay?” He asked with his arms still around her. He looked at her intently. She looked away and chuckled brushing her hair over her ear. “Yeah, I’m okay. Thank you.” She said. He looked at her and smiled backing away from her a little. “Sorry,” he said. “It’s okay,” she said. They continued slow dancing together. “So, do you have any younger siblings or any older?” she asked him. “Mmm, no. Its just me.” He told her. “Oh, same here. It gets kind of lonely doesn’t it?” she asked him. He chuckled. “Yeah, it does.” He said. “But I’m used to it. I like it like this.” He said. She smiled.

            Sa Rang and Jun Hyung walked down a hallway with their masks still on. “Thank you, for inviting me to this event.” Sa Rang told him. He looked at her and smiled. “It’s no problem. I wanted you to come and spend tonight with me. Since I didn’t come the last two time.” He told her. She smiled. “Yeah, okay,” she said. “I’m sorry for not making it though. I feel really bad.” Jun Hyung said. She smiled. “No, it’s okay. I didn’t even wait long. It’s okay.” She said. He looked at her. “Okay Jun Hyung. Hold yourself. This is only a game.” He thought to himself.

            “Can, I see you without your mask on?” Sa Rang asked him. Jun Hyung looked at her suddenly. “Hmm?” he said wide-eyed. “Can I, see your face?” she asked him again. He looked around trying to think of an excuse. He chuckled shyly. “Um,” Sa Rang’s cell phone rang from her hand. She twitched and answered it. “Sorry,” she said. “Hello?” she answered. “Oh, okay. Okay mom, I’ll come. Okay, bye.” She said then hung up. She looked at Jun Hyung and chuckled. “I have to go now.” She told him. “Oh,” he said with a smile and a sigh of relief. She walked out but turned back around. “Can I get your number? You know, so we can contact each other and not just through Internet?” Sa Rang asked him. Jun Hyung stared at her. “Okay,” he said then gave her his real phone number. She called him and he saved her number down. “Thank you.” She said then walked away again. She stopped, took a deep breath then turned back around with a smile. “Maybe next time we meet again, we’ll reveal our faces?” she asked him. He smiled and nodded his head. She stopped and stared at him. She took a breath. “Can I hug you before I leave?” she asked him. Jun Hyung looked at her and stood still for a while. He looked at the ground and walked towards her slowly. She smiled and walked towards him too. They embraced each other in their arms.

            “You’re really warm.” She told him closing her eyes to cherish the moment. He chuckled with a smile. “You smell really good.” He told her.

            “Yong Jun Hyung! What are you doing? Wake up to reality!” Jun Hyung quickly backed off from her. Sa Rang looked at him confused. “Are you okay?” she asked him. He inhaled and coughed. “You should go before your parents worry about you.” He told her. She looked at him and smiled. “Okay, bye.” She said then left.