First Talk on The Phone

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

Sa Rang slept in her bed with the lights out already. She sighed from being unable to sleep then turned around in her bed. She looked over at Soo Young and sighed. She grabbed her phone and dialed JOON’S number.

Jun Hyung slept soundly in his room. His phone rang next to him making him twitch from his sleep. He grabbed it tiredly. “Hello?” he answered. “Oh, hi JOON. This is HYORI. Are you sleeping?” she asked. Jun Hyung woke up. “Oh, no,” he said rubbing his eyes looking at the alarm clock next to his bed for the time: 2:23a.m. He sighed. “Sorry to bother you this late. I can’t sleep. Are you sure you weren’t sleeping?” Sa Rang asked with a troubled look on her face. “No, I thought I was the only one unable to sleep.” Jun Hyung said from his bed sitting down leaning against the wall comfortably with a pillow on his back. The lights were off as well, with Hyun Bin sleeping already. Sa Rang chuckled. “Hey, it’s so late. I’m so tired but I can’t seem to fall asleep. Any tips?”

            “Count 100 sheep.”Jun Hyung said. Sa Rang chuckled a little sounding a little tired. “Hey, that’s so old. Something new?” Jun Hyung chuckled a little with her. “Um, then just close your eyes, and you’ll soon fall asleep.”

            “Didn’t work either.” Sa Rang said. “Mmm, then read a boring book or something.” Jun Hyung said. “Don’t have one with me right now.”

            “Then I don’t know. Sorry. Just talk with me then. And when you’re not answering me anymore, I’ll know you’ve slept.” Jun Hyung said. Sa Rang chuckled. “So, how’s your crush and you doing? Did you confess yet?”

            “No, I think he likes someone else. He’s going to go on a date with my close friend tomorrow.” Jun Hyung told her with a sad face on. “Oh, I’m sorry. I wish I could help you.” Sa Rang said. “Tell him not to go.” Jun Hyung said. Sa Rang chuckled. “If I knew him, I’d tell him to not go.” She told him. Jun Hyung stared into space. Sa Rang sighed closing her eyes. “JOON,” she said. “Hmm?” Jun Hyung hummed. “Is it okay to go on a date with someone if I only want to be friends with him?” she asked. “Well, you agreed to go with him, so obviously you don’t want to just be friends, right?” Jun Hyung said tiredly. “Well, it’s only because I don’t want to be mean and reject him.” Sa Rang said. “Well, sometimes, you can’t always be so nice to people. That’s when they take advantage of you.” He said. Sa Rang sighed and got quiet for a while. “JOON,” she finally said. “Hmm?” Jun Hyung asked. “If you met me first, before your boyfriend, would you have chosen me instead?” she asked. Jun Hyung froze for a while thinking. “If you met me before your date tomorrow, would you have chosen me?” he asked her. Sa Rang thought to herself for a minute. “Yeah,” she answered. “Me too.” He said quietly.