Figuring Out Answers

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

The next morning, Sa Rang walked to school still thinking to herself. “What happened yesterday?” she asked herself. She got to school and saw Soo Young walking just ahead of her in the hallway. “Hey, Lee Soo Young!” Sa Rang called out. She turned around and smiled. “Sa Rang,” she said waiting for her now. Sa Rang caught up to her then they walked off together. “Hey, Hyun Bin said you called him yesterday?” Sa Rang asked her. “Oh, yeah. Yong Jun Hyung called me and told me to tell Hyun Bin that you ran out of the house after your parents lectured you. Hey, what happened?” Soo Young asked. Sa Rang thought to herself. “Jun Hyung called you and told you that?” she asked. “Mmm,” Soo Young said nodding her head. Sa Rang stood still thinking to herself confused. “Oh,” Sa Rang said looking down at the ground.

            Jun Hyung sat in front of his house madly. He got out his phone and called Soo Young. “Hello?” Soo Young answered at home doing her homework. “Soo Young, this is Jun Hyung. Can you do me a favor please?” He asked. “Mmm, okay, what is it?” She asked. “Can you call Hyun Bin and tell him that Sa Rang is in front of the park outside her house alone. Tell him her parents were lecturing her and she ran out mad. Don’t tell him I told you though okay? Thank you.” Jun Hyung said then hung up. “Uh, but Jun Hyung,” Soo Young said listening to the other line beeping. She looked at her cell phone confused. “Hey, what’s happening?” She asked.

Jun Hyung took a deep breath and got up slowly. He took a deep breath and slammed his fist into the wall he was leaning on screaming loudly from anger.

Sa Rang walked out of class and turned the corner and leaned on it. She thought to herself for a minute then got out her phone. She called JOON’S cell phone.

            “What is happening?” Jun Hyung said to himself walking towards the corner Sa Rang was around. He stopped when his phone rang and answered it. “Hello?” he answered. Sa Rang turned around confused hearing JOON on her phone and what seemed like in reality. She made sure Jun Hyung didn’t see her. “JOON?” Sa Rang asked. “Oh, yeah, what is it HYORI.” Jun Hyung said. “Oh,” Sa Rang said shocked and confused. “Where are you at right now?” she asked him staring at him in reality at the same time. “Oh, I’m at school.” He said looking around, walking in circles, and then looking at his feet. “Oh,” Sa Rang said shocked. “Hey, I’m sorry again for yesterday. I was going to come, but then something came up.” Jun Hyung said glancing down. “Oh, it’s okay. Hyun Bin came and took me home. He said that my friend Soo Young called him. So I asked her how she knew, and she said Jun Hyung called her to lie to Hyun Bin.” Sa Rang said. Jun Hyung looked down. “Oh, is that right?” he said. Sa Rang huffed and started tearing. “Why do you keep telling him things about me?”

            “Hey, it’s not like he makes it into anything bad.” Jun Hyung said with a smile. “Why are you smiling?” Sa Rang asked tearing. Jun Hyung looked around. Sa Rang hid behind the corner. “How did you know?” He asked. “Oh,” Sa Rang said trying to peek back. “I heard you laughing a little.” She said. He smiled. “How are things going on with you and your decision?” He asked. Sa Rang stared at him, not blinking. “We...” she said. “You guys... what?” He asked. Sa Rang sighed with a teardrop strolling down her cheeks. “Hey, what if I never talk to you again?” Sa Rang asked him taking a deep breath. Jun Hyung paused for a minute. “Why?” he asked. “Because.” she said. “Hey, are you still mad about what happened yesterday? I said I’m sorry.” He said looking around. Sa Rang hid a little. “Hey, what did you think about what I asked you yesterday? Should I break up with him?” Sa Rang asked him looking over at him again. Jun Hyung looked up at the sky then sighed. “Hey, don’t ask me. Just do whatever you want.” He said. “Hey, JOON,” Sa Rang said. “What? Are you crying?” Jun Hyung asked. Sa Rang tried to hold in her cries. “Yong Jun Hyung, you jerk.” She said making a puppy face. Jun Hyung made a shocked expression. “Hey, is he bothering you again?”

            “Yeah,” Sa Rang said. “He’s breaking my heart.” She said again. He sighed. “I’m sorry. I’ll try to talk some sense into him.” He said looking up at the sky. She scoffed. “Yong Jun Hyung, you, you’re really cruel.” She said. Jun Hyung looked around just to make sure. “Is something the matter?” He asked. “Yong Jun Hyung, you jerk.” She repeated. “Hey, why are you calling me Yong Jun Hyung?” he asked. She revealed herself and faced Jun Hyung who just turned to face her too. “Hey, Yong Jun Hyung you jerk.” She said crying loudly now. Jun Hyung looked over at her shocked and froze. “Why?” Sa Rang asked crying. Jun Hyung looked at Sa Rang like he was going to die from guilt. He held his phone in his hand tightly and stared at her. “You lied. This whole time?” she asked him. He started tearing up himself. “Sa Rang,” he whispered to himself. Hyun Bin hid at another corner and looked at the ground sadly. He looked up and took a deep breath then walked away slowly. Jun Hyung and Sa Rang stood there looking at each other, crying and trying to hold tears back at the same time.