I want to be your friend

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

The next morning, Sa Rang walked out of her Donut Shop happily eating a sugar donut as usual. She walked towards her school alone thinking to herself.

            Jun Hyung walked up to her from behind her and stood in front of her. “Park Sa Rang.” He said stopping her. She looked at him madly. “What?” she asked him walking away. He smiled and walked next to her. “I’m sorry for what I did to you these past few days.”

            “Oh, you’re sorry?” she asked. “Yes.” He said sounding rather sad. She scoffed. “What for? Pushing me down twice, making me almost kiss the ground twice, and stealing my last sweet bread?” she asked him. He chuckled. “Well, that was kind of funny, but,”

            “Oh my goodness.” Sa Rang said walking away irritated. “But that’s not the point.” He told her jogging to her. “And what is?”

            “Forgive me.” He said. Sa Rang looked at him confused. “Are you okay?” she asked him. “I want to be your friend.” He said. She chuckled. “Really? You want to be your enemy’s friend?”

            “Yes,” he said. She looked at him confused and walked away. “Hey, Park Sa Rang!” he said.

 

            “Hi Hyun Bin,” Sa Rang said sitting down in her seat with him next to her. “Good morning. How are you?” he asked. “Good. How about you?” She asked glancing at Jun Hyung weirdly who was looking at her. Hyun Bin chuckled. “Good.” He said. “Hey, is your friend Jun Hyung okay? He keeps looking over here weirdly.” She said. Hyun Bin looked over at him. Jun Hyung saw and placed his head down on the desk as if he was sleeping. Hyun Bin chuckled and turned back. “I don’t know. He probably didn’t have his breakfast this morning or something.” He said. “Oh, really?” she said. “Just ignore him.” He said. Sa Rang glanced at him and turned around.

            Sa Rang and their class walked out the classroom door to go out to the computer lab. Sa Rang and Hyun Bin walked together talking amongst themselves. Jun Hyung walked behind them looking at them confused.

            “What is happening?” he asked himself. He sighed looking away and ignored them.

            Sa Rang sat down in front of a computer and looked up things about the subject in their class. She sniffed and typed down the category. Jun Hyung came by and sat in the computer next to her. He coughed to make her know he was there. “Hello, Sa Rang,” he said typing things down. She sighed ignoring him and quickly printed something out and walked to the printer to get the papers. Jun Hyung looked at her then took a deep breath and followed her. Sa Rang waited by the printer for her things to print out. Jun Hyung stood by her. “Hey, why are you ignoring me?” he asked her. She ignored him and scooted over a little. “Don’t you like me?” he asked her again. She looked at him and crossed her arms in front of her. “Look, whatever it is that’s the matter with you, I don’t care okay? Just stop bothering me.” She told him. “But,”

            “I don’t like you.” She told him. He looked at her. “Well,”

            “I don’t like you. Period.” She said again. “Why?” he asked her. She scoffed. “Why? Because you’re mean and selfish... because you think you’re better than anyone.”

            “No I don’t.” he told her. She looked at him and sighed. “Why are you asking me this?” she asked him. He looked down. “Because, I want to know something.” He told her. “Well, I’m not going to like you. Whatever you say. Don’t bother.” She told him. Jun Hyung stared at her for a while. “Not even if I tell you something?” he asked her. “What?” she asked him waiting impatiently for the other people to get their papers.

            “Sa Rang, are you done?” Hyun Bin said appearing at the corner. They turned to look at him. Sa Rang sighed grabbing the papers and walked away from Jun Hyung. She walked towards Hyun Bin. “Let’s go.” She said walking away. Hyun Bin watched her walk away then looked at Jun Hyung who was looking at her. “Are you okay?” Hyun Bin asked him. Jun Hyung looked at Hyun Bin and sighed. “Oh, I’m just an invisible human being that needs to be peed on.” Jun Hyung said sadly. Hyun Bin stared at him confused and walked off.