Disturbance

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

Jun Hyung was outside of a grocery store loading things back into a U-Haul with the help of some other guys. He carried the last one and threw it in then closed the door and hit the back of the U-Haul telling it to go. He took off his gloves and wiped his forehead tiredly.

            “Yong Jun Hyung?” Lee Hye Sung, his classmate, called him walking towards him. Jun Hyung looked over and walked to him. “Oh, Lee Hye Sung,” he said. “Hey, what are you doing here?”

            “Oh, working. Just got this job,” Jun Hyung said. “Oh, how lucky.” Hye Sung said. Jun Hyung chuckled. “Yeah. Hey, you’re not hanging out with your girlfriend today or something?” He asked. “No, we’re arguing right now. Because last time my mom went to the hospital on the day when I told us to go on a date, and I didn’t show up, so she thought I stood her up. We’re still talking about that. Girls.” Hye Sung said shaking his head with a sigh. “They’re always getting mad if you come even one minute late to dates.” He said again then looked at Jun Hyung and smacked his lips. “Alright, I’ll leave you back to work.” Hye Sung said walking away. “All right, bye,” Jun Hyung said then stood there and thought back to all the times when he stood her up as JOON, but she never got mad at him. She’d always smile and talk with him like nothing happened the other day. He sighed and went inside the grocery store.

            Late at night, Jun Hyung walked home and went to take a shower. He got back out and brushed his hair with the towel in his hand. He sat down in the couch in the living room where his backpack was at and the TV. He went to the kitchen and looked through the fridge and took out random things and mixed them together in a big bowl. He took it to the living room and placed it on the table in front of him.

            “I saw Sa Rang grasping her shoulder earlier in class like she sprained it or something.” Jun Hyung thought back to what Woo Young was saying earlier. He froze for a bit then smacked his lips and ate while doing his homework and listening to the TV.

           

            The next day, Sa Rang walked to school by herself. Soo Young came up behind her. “Hey, Sa Rang,” she called out walking up to Sa Rang’s left side. Sa Rang looked at her and smiled. “Oh, Soo Young, good morning.” She said. “Good morning. Hey, how are you and Hyun Bin doing? How come I don’t see you two together anymore? Did you two break up?” she asked. Sa Rang looked at her and chuckled. “Oh, it’s nothing. It’s just a big misunderstanding.” Sa Rang said. Soo Young chuckled and wrapped both of her arms around Sa Rang’s left arm tugging it. “Hey,”

            “Ah!” Sa Rang shrieked from the pain removing her arm from Soo Young. “Ah,” she groaned grasping her shoulder. Soo Young looked at her all curled up from the pain. “Hey, what’s up? Did you hurt your shoulder?” she asked. Sa Rang took a deep breath and chuckled a little. “Oh, no, I was playing volleyball the other day and I hit the ball wrong. I probably just sprained it. It’ll get better soon.” She said. “Oh, all right, I’m sorry.” Soo Young said. “It’s okay.” Sa Rang said.

            Sa Rang walked out of the girl’s restroom massaging her left shoulder with her right hand. She groaned and walked off catching Jun Hyung’s glimpse from his conversation with his friends. He looked at her then at her left shoulder for a while, then his gaze was back at her. Sa Rang paused and left her right hand on top of her left shoulder. She sighed and looked away and saw Hyun Bin looking at her from just glancing at Jun Hyung. She gasped. “Hyun Bin,” she said walking to him. She took his hand and smiled. “Hey, where were you?” she asked him. He sighed and walked off. Sa Rang sighed and walked up to him. Jun Hyung looked away to his friends.