Mr. Kim's Funeral

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

The next morning, everyone went to Mr. Kim’s funeral, dressed in black, mostly all crying. They all gathered in front of his casket and one at a time paid their respects to him.

            “Alright, everyone! Come and eat your dinner before we show you guys where you guys are sleeping!” Mr. Lee said then everyone gathered around a long table and ate. Sa Rang sat down by herself and ate. “Mind if I eat with you?” Hyun Bin asked her. “Yeah, go ahead.” She said covering and scooting over a little so he can sit down. He smiled and sat down next to her then ate.

            Sa Rang came out of the bathroom and wiped her hands on her pants. “Hey, Park Sa Rang.” Jun Hyung said coming out of nowhere with his hands crossed out in front of his chest. She gasped and twitched. “You scared me you jerk!” she said punching him slightly on the shoulder. He stood strong with no reaction to her punches. “What is it?” she asked. “Hey, are you and Hyun Bin dating?” he asked. She looked over at Hyun Bin who was eating happily. “Um, no. But we do have a date this weekend. The day after tomorrow.” Sa Rang told him shouldering him happily. He looked at Sa Rang sadly and moved away from her shouldering. “So you like him?” he asked trying to not sound mad. She looked at him and chuckled. “Well, it doesn’t hurt to try to love again.” She said then looked at him and whispered to him. “Hey, what should I wear on our first date?” Sa Rang asked. “Sweat pants and a big t-shirt with a big sweater, socks that don’t match with a flip-flop and a sneaker. Hair all over the place and heavy make-up… emo-like.” He said annoyed. “Yah,” she said hitting him again. “You’re no good. No wonder you don’t have any girlfriend. Hey, you’ll help me right?” she asked him. He looked at her and smacked his lips. “I’m just a heartless jerk. Don’t know what help I can do.” He said then went to sit down and ate. She chuckled and went back to sit down and finished eating too.

            “Okay, girls, your rooms are on the right, and guys, yours are on the left.” Mr. Lee said with all the students standing there with their bags in their hands. “Two a room okay? Here are your keys.” He said then handed out the keys to them. Lee Soo Young and Park Sa Rang went together to a room. Hyun Bin and Yong Jun Hyung went into one, and others went to theirs.

            “Ah, feels so good!” Soo Young said throwing herself on her queen-size bed. There were two beds in the room, a bathroom, a TV, and a small desk in the middle of the two beds. There was also a closet where they could put their clothes, and a small refrigerator also next to the TV. Sa Rang put her bag on the counter next to the TV and took out her sleeping clothes and went to change in the bathroom.

            Hyun Bin and Jun Hyung went in their room and looked around the room. “Not bad,” Hyun Bin said looking into the bathroom. Jun Hyung looked at him and laid on his bed. “Ah, I’m so tired.” Jun Hyung said. Hyun Bin looked at him and sat down on his bed. “Hey, what’s your relationship with Sa Rang?” he asked. Jun Hyung opened his eyes and looked at Hyun Bin. “Why?” Jun Hyung asked. Hyun Bin shrugged his shoulders. “Just wondering.” He said. Jun Hyung thought for a minute. “We’re... best friends.” He said squinting his eyes looking into space. “Oh, really? She told me you bully her a lot.” Hyun Bin said. “What?” Jun Hyung said suddenly sitting up. He slowly sunk back into his bed. “I don’t bully her. It’s our sign of having fun.” He said. “You don’t know how she bullies me. She’s mean and,” he said then tried to think of something else to say,  “...heartless.” Jun Hyung finally said. Hyun bin chuckled. “I think she’s cute.” Hyun Bin said looking at the ground. Jun Hyung looked at him for a while then looked away and went to take his sleeping clothes out of his bag. “Think whatever you want. I don’t care.” Jun Hyung said then went to the bathroom. Hyun Bin looked at him then sighed and lies on his bed.