Awkward Silence

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

Monday morning, Jun Hyung walked to school sadly. Sa Rang walked to school with her headphones on and two sugar donuts in her hand. Hyun Bin walked up to Jun Hyung and head locked Jun Hyung.

“Hey, you brat! Why didn’t you come and play soccer with us yesterday evening huh?” Hyun Bin said laughing. Jun Hyung gasped for air and coughed. “Hey, what are you doing? Let go.” He said. Hyun Bin let go and looked at him. “Hey, you can’t even fight back now.” Hyun Bin said hitting Jun Hyung’s arm. “Hey, don’t do that. I don’t like that.” Jun Hyung said fixing his shirt. Hyun Bin chuckled.

“Hey, you should’ve come yesterday. We beat Hye Sung and their team like nothing.” He said. Jun Hyung looked at him and smiled. “Hey, I have a job now. Unlike you.” Hyun Bin chuckled. “Right,” he said then stopped his walk. Jun Hyung looked at him then ahead and saw Sa Rang walking just ahead of them. She just finished her last donut with her headphones on. Jun Hyung looked at Hyun Bin and smiled. Hyun Bin looked at him and pushed him ahead. They jogged to Sa Rang.

“Hey, Sa Rang. Good morning.” Hyun Bin said then pushed Jun Hyung to Sa Rang and ran off. Jun Hyung and Sa Rang looked at each other then at Hyun Bin confused. She took off her headphones and looked at Jun Hyung. She wrapped it up and put it in her bag. Jun Hyung looked at her and saw the sugar crumbs on . “Hey,” he said uncomfortably then wiped off the sugar crumbs on nervously. “Stop eating sugar donuts if you don’t know how to clean your mouth afterwards.” He said. Sa Rang cleaned it and smiled. “Thank you.” She said then walked off. Jun Hyung sighed and walked alongside with her. They both took a deep breath looking up at the sky. His hands were in his pockets.

            Hyun Bin came in class and looked at Sa Rang and Jun Hyung who were sitting in their own seats minding their own business and talking to their own friends. He sighed and came to sit down in his desk next to Sa Rang. She turned around and looked at him with a smile. “Good morning.” She said with a smile. He looked at her with a smile. “Morning,” he said then did his own thing. Sa Rang corner smiled and turned back the other way to talk with her friend.

            After school, Jun Hyung and Sa Rang walked together home. Woo Young and Joo Hyun with her friend came again. They approached Jun Hyung and Sa Rang. “Hey, Jun Hyung, are you free?” Woo Young asked him then looked at Sa Rang. “Oh, hello Sa Rang,” he said. Sa Rang smiled at him. “Hey,” Jun Hyung said looking at Joo Hyun and her friend. “I thought I told you I wasn’t going to do that anymore.” He said. Woo Young smacked his lips and sighed. “Hey, please. Just this once more.” He said. “No,” Jun Hyung said.

            “Kwon Yuri?” Hyun Bin called out from behind them. Every one turned to look at him. He walked to Woo Young’s girlfriend’s friend, Jun Hyung’s date, with a smile and surprised look on his face. “Hey, Hyun Bin?” Yuri asked. They hugged each other happily. “Hey, when did you get back?” he asked her. “Just a month ago. How are you doing?”

            “Good,” Hyun Bin said. “Hey, you two know each other?” Tiffany asked. “Yeah, he’s my old classmate from middle school.” Yuri told her. “Oh,” every one said. “Hey, do you want to go grab something to eat?” Hyun Bin asked. Yuri looked at him and smiled. “Sure,” she said then they left. Every one looked at them confused. “Hey, I guess you’re saved.” Woo Young said confused. “Oh,” Jun Hyung said then looked at Sa Rang. She looked at him and smiled. “Hey, let’s go.” Jun Hyung said then left with Sa Rang. “We’ll see you,” Jun Hyung said to Woo Young then left. “Yes,” Woo Young said then left with Tiffany.