Hyun Bin's Girlfriend?

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

At night, Sa Rang sat in front of her computer and messaged JOON. “Hey, why aren’t you writing me back?” she asked herself writing to him again.

            Jun Hyung sat at a food stand just a couple blocks away from his house eating some of the dishes there, and drinking a bottle of soju. The bag of sugar donuts that Sa Rang’s parents gave to him was in front of him. He looked at them confused and ate his foods and thought to himself at the same time. “I know you might be tired with Sa Rang bringing you some every day for lunch, but have these okay?”

            “Yes, she brings them everyday in search of sharing them with you. That’s what she says.”

            Jun Hyung thought to himself then scoffed. “She lied to her mother that she’d bring them to me but then gives it to Hyun Bin instead?” he said with a chuckle. “Why use me? Why not just tell the truth?” he said then hung his head down and sighed. “Hey, Yong Jun Hyung. What’s happening to you? Are you letting her get to you? Are you really going to let her in your heart?” he asked himself. He calmly sighed annoyed. “What are you going to do then? She’s using you to get to Hyun Bin.” He said.

 

            The next morning at school, Hyun Bin came to Sa Rang. “Hey, can you come out for a bit?” he asked. Sa Rang looked at him and went out with him. They walked out and stood behind a corner where no one was. “What is it that you have to bring me here?” she asked him looking around. “Sa Rang,” he said looking down. “Will you,” he said then sighed shyly. “Will I what?” she asked him. “Will you...?” he said scratching his head. They stood in silence for a while. “Be my girlfriend.” He said suddenly. Sa Rang looked at him shocked. He looked at her seriously. Sa Rang looked at him and gulped down her saliva. “Hyun Bin,” she said through her breath.

            Sa Rang walked back to class with no expression on her face. She bumped against someone accidentally. Jun Hyung looked at her and moved the other side not wanting to bump into her too, but she moved the same way. They danced for a couple of times until she looked up and saw him. She gasped. “Yong Jun Hyung,” Sa Rang said with a worry sound. He looked at her and stopped moving. “What?” he asked. She moved up close to him and whispered to his ear. “Hyun Bin just asked me out.” She told him quietly then backed away and looked at him with her hands cupped together in front of her. He looked at her for a while shocked. He sighed, “Well, wasn’t it what you wanted?” he asked her. She looked at him. “I didn’t answer him yet though.” She told him. “Why?” he asked. “I wanted to get permission from you.” She told him. He chuckled and looked at how close she was to him. He coughed and scooted back a little, “You told him you needed to ask me for permission?” he asked her. “Well, not really. I told him I’d think about it. But I really wanted to come ask you.” She said. “And why in the world would you need to come ask me? Am I in charge of your relationships?” Jun Hyung asked. “Well, because you’re the only close friend I have. And you’re Hyun Bin’s close friend too. Do you think it’d be okay if he be my boyfriend?” she asked moving closer to him again. He sighed, “Hey, stop moving closer to me.” He said scooting back. “Oh, sorry.” She said scooting back a little too with her head down. “I don’t know. If you want to, then go ahead, but if you don’t want to, then don’t. I don’t care.” He said. “So you’re saying yeah?” Sa Rang asked sadly. He looked at her confused and walked away with a sigh. “Ah, really,” he said walking out. “Oh, I guess he really doesn’t like me.” She said standing there. She sighed sadly then went to sit in her seat.

            After school Jun Hyung walked out of class seeing Hyun Bin and Sa Rang walking together away from school laughing. He looked at her and tilted his head. “I guess she said yes.” He said then scoffed. “Stupid,” he said then walked off too.