Confession

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

“Mrs., can you get me some soju please. And some more kimchee?” Jun Hyung asked with food in his mouth. “Yes,” the lady said then gave him some kimchee and a bottle of soju with a cup. “Thank you.” He said then opened the bottle up and poured it into the cup. He coughed and drank it. He exhaled and continued eating his foods.

“Hey, Mrs., can I get a bottle of soju please.” Sa Rang said sitting down two seats from Jun Hyung. She grabbed a couple of the fish sticks there and some others and ate them. Jun Hyung glanced at her and ate his food pretending as if he didn’t see her. She noticed and sighed.

“Here you are.” The lady said giving her the bottle with a cup. “Hey, didn’t you already eat enough at the party? What are you? A pig?” she asked opening it and poured it into the cup and drank it. Jun Hyung kept glancing at her munching his food down. She coughed not liking the drink and groaned. “Hey, don’t drink if you can’t.” Jun Hyung said not looking at her. He drank another cup of soju and continued eating his meat. Sa Rang looked at him and ignored him. She poured herself another cup and drank it then coughed again. He ate annoyed and quickly finished his food.

“What’s there to rush? Don’t want to see me?” Sa Rang asked him just sitting there looking at her food. She poured herself another cup and drank it. Jun Hyung sighed drinking soju. Sa Rang coughed a little only this time. She wiped the saliva off her lips. “You don’t want to be the bad guy?” She asked him then scoffed. “Since when were you not one.” She said pouring herself another cup. Jun Hyung looked at her then sighed. “Hey, how much can you drink? You better stop before you fall over.” He said eating. “Good. Then you can take me home.” She said drinking it. He looked at her annoyed and ignored her. “Here you go. Back to your innocent, nice-to-everyone self.” He glanced at her. “What are you talking about?” Jun Hyung asked her. “Hey, how did we get here?” Sa Rang said drinking and eating a lot. She took a deep breath. “How did we get to hate each other? I mean, we were just fine a couple of days ago. Now we barely talk to each other. We barely look at each other.” She drank a cup of soju and placed the cup on the counter and placed her head on top of her arms that were crossed on the counter. Her hair flew down to cover her face too. He looked at her annoyed. “Hey, what is it you want?” Jun Hyung asked. “You...” Sa Rang said through her hands. Jun Hyung looked at her. “Hey, are you drunk already?” he asked her. She didn’t answer. Jun Hyung leaned over and moved her hair that was covering her face. He looked at her confused and walked to sit on the seat next to her. He reached a hand under the opening through her arm and touched her face. He looked at his fingers and saw tears. “Hey, did Hyun Bin do something to you? Did you two argue?” he asked worried. She sniffed. “Like you care?” she said. Jun Hyung sighed. “Hey, never argue with that man. He always has to win you.” He said. He took a deep breath and looked at his food. “You two just dated too. Already arguing. That’s not good.” He said then shifted his food over to him and ate them while sitting next to Sa Rang.

“Why did you agree to let me go out with him?” Sa Rang asked with her head still down. Jun Hyung looked at her. “What?” he asked then drank a cup of soju. “I never told you to date him.” He said. “But you were fine with it. Is it bad that he and I are dating?” she asked him. “Well, don’t you like him? He liked you and you liked him, so you two should date.” He said eating. “But... I didn’t even like him.” She said. Jun Hyung looked at her and smacked his lips. “Hey,” he said nudging her arm with his elbow. “I think you’re drunk.” He said. Sa Rang sniffed. “I only dated him because you told me to. And because JOON thought we’d make a good couple. Because of you two friends.” She said. Jun Hyung looked at her. “And why aren’t you satisfied?” he asked. “Because...” she said then lifted her head up and sighed pouring another cup of soju in her cup. She drank it and exhaled and shivered. She looked at her food then at her bottle and poured another cup. “Hey, you know we have school tomorrow right?” Jun Hyung asked. Sa Rang looked at him and stared at him. “Hey, you know you’ve broke my heart?” she said. He looked at her and kept his eyes on her, studying her face. “You like me, right?” She said looking at him, tearing. He looked down and paid for both of them. “Hey, let’s get you home.” Jun Hyung said then lifted her up and took her home. His hands were cuffed under her shoulders and arm with her closely to him. He carried his bag and held hers in his hand.