Taking Her Home

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

“Hey, why did you drink soju if you’ve never drank it before? You know what it can do to you?” Jun Hyung asked her. She walked limping alongside him and sniffed. “Hey, why did you pretend like you didn’t see me earlier and all the other days before? You know what that causes for two people?” Sa Rang said. Jun Hyung sighed and slowly let go of her, making her walk by herself. “How can my doing this affect two people?” he asked putting his hands in his pockets. “It affects you and I.” Sa Rang said. Jun Hyung glanced at her then looked down. “No it doesn’t.” He said. “Yeah it does. You’re just to dumb to notice.” She said. “Well, then at least you have Hyun Bin to talk about these things to, huh? Who do I have?”

“JOON,” Sa Rang said. Jun Hyung scoffed. “Hey, you think that fool knows what he’s talking about half of the time?” he asked looking up at the sky. “No. I don’t talk to Hyun Bin about these things. I talk to JOON about it.” Sa Rang said. Jun Hyung looked at her. “Why?” he asked. “Because. JOON seems to understand me better. As if he’s always with me. It seems as if we’ve known each other for so long, but just never really knew we existed.” Sa Rang said. “He knows my actions before I make them. And he knows how I feel by just my writing. Isn’t that weird?” Sa Rang asked looking at Jun Hyung with an exciting look. He looked at her. “Would you want to meet the real JOON?” he asked. Sa Rang looked ahead and took a deep breath. “I already have. We met each other at a Mask Party. He was so handsome. Even though I didn’t see his face. He’s tall, slim, understanding, emotional at times.” She said then sighed. “It just how he has a boyfriend.” She said. Jun Hyung chuckled. Sa Rang looked at him and smiled. “You two even have the same laugh.” She said then smacked her lips. “You remind me of him so much. You two look so much alike. And your voices are so similar too. No wonder you two are friends.” She said.

“Okay, we’re here.” Jun Hyung said stopping in front of Sa Rang’s house. She looked at him. “Are we good now?” she asked him. “Why? Were we not before?” he asked her. She looked down. “I keep thinking I made a wrong choice by saying yes to Hyun Bin.” She said. He looked at her and smiled. “Are you still drunk or why are you talking nonsense?” he asked. She looked at him. “I’m not talking nonsense.” She said. “Are you sober now?” he asked her. She looked at him. “Yong Jun Hyung,” she said with a sad look. He smacked his lips. “No more talking tonight. I feel like I’m taking Hyun Bin’s position. Hey, go inside. Your parents must be looking for you.” He said. She sighed and walked inside. He looked down frustrated.