Feelings Building Up

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

Sa Rang walked to school with her phone in her hand. “Hmm, what should I wear?” she asked herself. She ate her sugar donut and walked at the same time. “Blue, or green, or turquoise?” she asked.

            “Hey, Sa Rang!” someone called out to her. She turned around and saw Hyun Bin jogging towards her. “Oh, Hyun Bin, good morning.” She said waiting up for him to catch up to her. They walked together to school. “How’s everything going with you and your boyfriend?” he asked. “Why do you keep asking?” she asked chuckling shyly. “Just because... hey, what’s his name by the way?”

            “JOON,” Sa Rang said. “Oh, JOON,” he said nodding his head. They walked quietly for a while then she glanced at him as if wanting to ask him something. He looked at her and chuckled. “What is it?” he asked. “What is what?” she asked looking at him. He chuckled. “You seem like you want to ask me something. What is it? Just ask me.”

            “Oh,” she said scratching her hair. “What I want to ask is... um. If you were to...”

            “Hey Hyun Bin,” Jun Hyung said coming to stand next to him, not in the middle of Hyun Bin and Sa Rang. “Oh, good morning Yong Jun Hyung.” He said. She looked at him annoyed. “You just interrupted our conversation.” She told Jun Hyung. He looked at her. “Oh, what were you guys talking about?” he asked. “None of your business.” She said then looked at Hyun Bin. “I’ll talk to you later. Bye.” She said then walked off. “Okay, bye.” Hyun Bin said then she walked off. “Bye.” Jun Hyung said annoyingly to her, waving a hand at her back. Jun Hyung looked at her and scoffed. “As if I wanted to listen too.” He said then ignored her.

            In class, Jun Hyung watched Sa Rang as she walked in the room just finishing her sugar donut. He looked at and saw the crumbs left behind. She didn’t even seem to bother to wipe them off for herself. He looked in disgust and annoyed. “At least know how to wipe off your crumbs if you eat a sugar donut.” He said to himself. Hyun Bin came up behind him. “What are you talking about?” he asked sitting down next to Jun Hyung to talk with him for a bit. Jun Hyung looked at him and chuckled. “Nothing. Just something really annoying.” He said then got up. “I’ll see you later.” He said thenwent to the restroom. He came back with a piece of toilet paper and was about to give it to Sa Rang but saw Hyun Bin wiping off her crumbs already. She looked at him happily and smiled wiping the rest off. “Thank you.” She said. Jun Hyung looked at them annoyingly and dropped the toilet paper on the ground.

            “What was I doing?” he asked himself then went to sit down. He looked at them who were flirting rather annoyingly.

            “Hey Park Sa Rang, did you hear about the Mask Party this weekend?” Lee Soo Young asked her outside at lunch. “Yes, I heard about it. Are you going too?” she asked. “Yes, Kang Min Hyuk is going to be there! I’m so excited!” Soo Young said. “Oh, JOON is going to be there too!” Sa Rang said. They both squealed excitedly. “I can’t wait!” both of them said.

           

            On the night of the party, Jun Hyung dressed nicely in a black suit and looked at himself in the mirror. He put on his mask and ran his fingers through his short spiked up hair. He smiled. “Hey, I’m JOON.” He said to himself in the mirror. He chuckled and went out.

            Sa Rang and her friends came out of a taxi all dressed up nicely without their masks on yet. Sa Rang looked around. She took a deep breath and fixed herself then put on her mask. “I’m so nervous to see him. Hopefully I won’t faint.” She said. “Come on girls. Let’s go inside.” Soo Young said then all the girls went inside.

            People were getting snacks by a table inside while some were sitting down in banquet-like tables. There was a big gap in the center in front of the big stage. There was a band playing a mellifluous instrumental song on stage. Sa Rang looked around and grunted when something poked her eye. “Ow,” she exclaimed taking her mask off. She looked at it and touched the corner of her eye then tried to open it again.

            Jun Hyung looked over with his mask on wearing a nice black suit with a glass of champagne in his hand. He smiled when he spotted her still picking her eye. He chuckled and walked over.

            Sa Rang put her mask back on and noticed all her friends disappeared already. She turned the other way and was going to walk off but, “Hey, my name is JOON, and yours?” Jun Hyung asked. Sa Rang stood in shock and chuckled. “JOON...?” she asked surprised. “So you must be HYORI...?” he asked.