Guilt

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

Jun Hyung stood in front of his house looking down, pausing from the run to Sa Rang that he didn’t make. His sweatshirt was in his hand dangling on the ground. “Hey, Yong Jun Hyung. Are you really going to tell her? What good is that going to do? You’re going to steal your best friend’s happiness?” Jun Hyung thought to himself. He tightened up his fists and sighed closing his eyes tight shut. “Hey Yong Jun Hyung! What are you planning on doing?” he said to himself madly. He bent down to his knees and placed his forehead on his knees covering them up with his arms. “Don’t do it.” He said to himself shaking.

            Sa Rang sniffed from the cold shuddering. She looked around sadly. “Hey, where are you?” she asked looking around. She sighed and took out her phone and dialed JOON’S number.

            Jun Hyung sat outside of his house still with his head down. His cell phone rang from his pocket. He took it out and looked at it. He sighed and dropped his phone on the ground regretting what he said. “I’m sorry Sa Rang.” He said to himself. “I’m sorry Hyun Bin,” he said again.

            “Hmm? Why aren’t you answering?” Sa Rang said looking at her phone. She sighed and called him again.

            Jun Hyung’s cell phone sat on the ground still, ringing. His head was hidden in his arms and legs.

            “Hey,” Sa Rang said through her phone, leaving JOON a voice message. “How come you never show up when you set up a date for us to meet?” She said then sighed. She looked down and sniffed. “If you can’t make, just tell me. Or whatever’s going on. I’ll understand. But I don’t want to always wait for you.” She said. “It’s cold. Hurry up and come or I’ll be very mad at you.” She said then hung up.

            Jun Hyung looked at his phone buzzing from the new voicemail. He opened up his phone and listened to it. He held the phone to his ear, even after the voicemail was over. He looked at the black ground in front of him in blankness.

            “Hey, are you a jerk or something.” Sa Rang said madly. “Eesh, I’m not going to wait for you next time anymore. Never am I going to meet you again.” She yelled to herself.

Suddenly, a black figure came towards her and into the light. She looked up with a smile standing up but changed. “Oh, Hyun Bin,” she said. Hyun Bin looked at her with a sigh and took off his jacket and put it around her. “Hey, what are you doing out here like this?” he asked. “Oh, nothing,” she said confused. “If your parents are going to lecture you again, call me okay? I’ll come take you.” He said. “What?” Sa Rang asked confused. “Soo Young called me and said your parents were yelling at you and you ran out of the house. What happened?” he asked. She looked around. “Oh, nothing,” she said. They walked off.  

            “Hey, let me take you home.” Hyun Bin said walking off with Sa Rang. “Oh, no, it’s okay. I’ll go by myself.” She said. “Are you sure?” he asked. “Yeah, thank you.” She said looking down. “Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Hyun Bin said. She looked at him with a smile. “Okay,” she said then left with his jacket still around her. He watched until she was out of sight then left home too.