First Argument

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

 

The next morning, Sa Rang waited outside in the lobby area looking at pictures placed behind the glass windows. She was wearing her big jacket with her jean and her boots. Her phone rang. “Hello?” she answered.

“Oh, are you there yet?” Hyun Bin asked in the elevator, looking at the number he’s on falling. He sighed. “Alright, I’m almost there.” He said then hung up. Sa Rang smiled and placed her phone back in her front jacket pocket. She sniffed and looked at the person who came in.

Jun Hyung came in wiping his nose and looked at her stopping his walk. He was wearing his big jacket with his hands in his pockets from the cold. He had on a warm scarf, a beanie, and an earmuff. “Oh, Sa Rang,” Jun Hyung said looking at her. “Oh, Jun Hyung,” she said looking at him. They stood in silence for a minute. “Uh, what are you doing here?” Jun Hyung asked her. “Oh,” Sa Rang said looking around. “Uh, waiting for Hyun Bin. We’re going to go walk around.” She said with a slight chuckle.

The elevator Hyun Bin was in opened up on the second floor with Mr. Lee in front of it. “Oh, where are you going?” He said looking at Hyun Bin. “Oh, walk around.” Hyun Bin said. “How about you, teacher?” he asked. “Oh, I’m sorry, can I go up first. I’m such in a hurry.” Mr. Lee said getting in and hitting the second to the last button and undoing Hyun Bin’s. “The boys said something happened. I have to go look. Ah, troublemakers.” He said. Hyun Bin smiled. “Oh, it’s okay. Go ahead.” He said then waited impatiently.

“Alright, I’ll see you around then, before Hyun Bin sees us.” Jun Hyung said then walked off with a wave and a smile. Sa Rang looked at him confused. “Hey, Yong Jun Hyung,” Sa Rang called out. Jun Hyung turned around and looked at her. “What is it?” he asked. Sa Rang sniffed. “Why do you keep saying that?” she asked him. “What?” he asked. “That...” she said looking down. “What’s that?” he asked. “That you need to leave before Hyun Bin sees us.” She said. He smiled. “Then do you want him to see us together?” he asked her. “Well,” she said thinking.

“Alright, make sure to be back before 10 because we have something to do okay?” Mr. Lee told Hyun Bin getting out of the elevator. “Okay teacher.” He said going down.

“How is talking with me going to change anything? He’s not that type of person to think like that.” Sa Rang said. Jun Hyung in his lips. “Hey, you don’t have to act like that.”

“Like what?” Jun Hyung asked. “Like you and I aren’t friends anymore.” She said. “How am I acting like that?” he asked. “Because. You’re always ignoring me now. You never talk to me when Hyun Bin’s around. And you always think he’ll beat you up or something.” She said mad. “It’s not that. It’s just that we’re really good friends. I don’t want to ruin that good friendship we have.”

“By hanging out with me?” Sa Rang asked. “Yes, by hanging out with you. Won’t you get mad if Hyun Bin was hanging out with Soo Young all the time and talking to her all the time instead of you?” he asked her. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. “But Soo Young already has a boyfriend so I’ll understand.” She said. “Well, I don’t. And that’s why he won’t understand.” Jun Hyung said then sighed. “Why are we even arguing right now too?” he asked himself. He took a deep breath and walked away. Sa Rang stood there madly and confused. “You idiot.” She said quietly to herself.

Hyun Bin came and saw Sa Rang standing in front of the glass window looking down. He walked up to her with a smile. “Hey, are you okay?” Hyun Bin asked. She looked up at him with a rather mad face. “Hey, what took you so long?” she asked irritated. Hyun Bin looked at her confused. “Oh, sorry. Mr. Lee had to rush to the top really quick, so I had to wait for him.” He said. “Let’s go.” Sa Rang said then they left.

Jun Hyung walked into his room and closed the door. He walked to his bed madly and ran his hand through his face. “Ah, what is happening?” he asked. “I don’t understand anything right now.” He said lying on his bed.