Mr. Kim's Tragedy :(

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

The next morning, Sa Rang walked into her classroom and saw every one quiet. She walked in curiously and sat down next to Soo Young who was about crying.

            “Hey, Lee Soo Young, what’s up?” she asked looking around. Soo Young looked at her and cried hugging her. “Mr. Kim died! He got ran over yesterday.” She said. Sa Rang gasped. “Really? Where’s Mr. Lee?” Sa Rang asked.

            Mr. Lee walked in the classroom looking devastated. He took a deep breath walking to the altar. “As you all know, our very own teacher has passed away. Mr. Kim,” he said then took a deep breath. “Got ran over yesterday.” He said trying not to cry. The class sobbed quietly.

            “So,” Mr. Lee said after taking a deep breath, “...because our school budget is low and we can’t afford to get another teacher in place of Mr. Kim’s, we’re going to combine classes with his. So starting tomorrow, we’ll be joined with their class, and our classroom will be the bigger one next to the gym. So, starting tomorrow, don’t come here anymore, okay? You guys will be mixed in seating with them so don’t sit anywhere. I’ll have a seating chart.” All the students awed not liking the idea.

            Sa Rang sat quietly in her desk eating some food she brought from home: rolled up eggs, kimchee, and rice, along with other side dishes. All the other kids in the class talked amongst themselves in search for the new classmates tomorrow.

            “Hyun Bin is going to be in the same class as us then?” Exclaimed a girl happily. “Aw, he’s so cute! He’s my prince charming.” They said. Sa Rang looked at them annoyed and continued eating. “Sa Rang, are you going to go to Mr. Kim’s funeral?” Soo Young asked sitting by her. “Of course! Why wouldn’t I go? Aren’t we going as a class?”

            “Yeah, we are.” Soo Young said then walked off. Sa Rang looked at her confused then continued eating.

            After school, Sa Rang waited at the park nicely dressed in a summer dress with her hair nicely put down. She was wearing a pair of low-cut converse, matching the clothing as well. She looked around to see if JOON was there yet, but he was nowhere to be found. She pouted, “Where can he be? Is he going to stand me up again?” she asked herself. Suddenly, she got a message online from her phone. She gasped and read it. ‘Sorry HYORI, I might be a little late. Please be patient and wait for me. She read then in her lips. She smiled and wrote back. “Don’t worry... I will wait until you show up.” She read writing it down then sighed and watched the kids playing at the park.

            Jun Hyung watched her from afar and chuckled. “She’s actually going to stay?” he said laughing to himself. He sighed and looked at her. “She doesn’t look pretty bad in those clothing.” He said rather seriously. He finally chuckled, “Hey Park Sa Rang gay. Have fun out there.” He said then walked home.

            Sa Rang took out her homework from her bag next to her and did it, waiting for JOON.

            Late at night, Jun Hyung did his homework in his bedroom and thought to himself. “She can’t possibly still be out there?” he asked then continued doing his homework. He sighed frustrated and walked out of his bedroom.

            Sa Rang sat on the bench still, waiting for JOON to show up. She folded her arms up in front of her from the cold. The light from the pole behind her was the only light that made it able to see her other than the moon. “Ah, where are you JOON.” She said sadly. Before she knew it, she saw a figure walking towards her. She looked at it confused, squinting her eyes, trying to see whom it was. “JOON...?” she asked. Then the figure came to view. Sa Rang gasped. “Hey, Hyun Bin.” Sa Rang said standing up, confused. “What are you doing out here so late?” he asked walking towards her. She looked down disappointed. “He didn’t show up. He lied to me again.” She said. Hyun Bin looked at her and chuckled. “Who didn’t show up? Your boyfriend?” he asked walking up to her.

            Jun Hyung ran towards the park but saw no sign of her. He looked towards the street and saw her walking away with Hyun Bin. She had his sweater on from the cold night. He panted squinting his eye to see who it was. “Hyun Bin?” he asked himself.

            “Don’t do that again next time, okay?” Hyun Bin said in front of her house with Sa Rang. She looked at him. “Okay, thank you for caring about me.” She said. “Mmm, go inside. It’s late.” He said with a smile. She smiled and took off his jacket. “No, take it. You can give it to me tomorrow or something.” He said. “No, I’m already home. I can just go in and wear something warm. But you have to still walk back home. Here.” She said. He smiled and took it. “Okay, thanks.” He said. “No, thank you.” She said. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.” Hyun Bin said. She smiled and walked inside. He smiled and walked off.