Chapter 1- Starting Point

My Oasis (My Resting Place)

Yong Jun Hyung got out of his house and walked to school in his school uniform and a pair of black converse. His hair was short and nicely spiked up with the middle pointed up a little having a small Mohawk. He put his backpack on and walked on to school alone. Other kids were in front of him walking with friends and or their boyfriend and girlfriend. He went into a Donut Shop and picked out some to take on the go while he was walking to school. There were a lot of people in the shop too, getting donuts and coffee. 

            “Bye Mom, bye dad, see you later.” Park Sa Rang said with her backpack on. “Alright, bye, take care,” her parents, the owner of the shop, said. She gave her parents a kiss on their cheek and walked out with a smile passing Jun Hyung, who was too into the donuts to notice her.

            “Oh, Yong Jun Hyung, are you ready?” Sa Rang’s mother asked Jun Hyung who was waiting for them with two sugar donuts in his plate. “Yes, good morning.” He said then took out his wallet. “Same routine every morning huh?” She said. Jun Hyung chuckled. Sa Rang’s mother priced it up and placed the donuts in a bag and gave it to him. He gave them some money. “Thank you.” He said then left. He walked slowly eating a sugar donut and looked up.

            “Hey, Yong Jun Hyung,” a friend said coming over and clinging an arm around Jun Hyung. He looked at his friend and chuckled. “What is it? You’re disturbing me while I’m eating my breakfast.” Jun Hyung said. “Sorry. Hey, we’re playing soccer after school at the park near Hyun Bin’s house. You’re coming right?” he asked. “Oh, okay. I’ll come.” Jun Hyung said. “Alright, I have to go. I’ll see you later.” He said then left. Jun Hyung looked at him with a smile and continued eating his donut.

            Jun Hyung walked and saw Sa Rang in front of him walking alone listening to music loudly with her head phones deep in her ear. He chuckled finishing up his donut and slowly sneaked up behind her with his donut bag in his hand. He quickly took off her earphones and kneed her knee forward gently making her loose balance falling to the ground. “Haha, Park Sa Rang gay, you loser.” Jun Hyung said laughing, walking away. “Hey,” Sa Rang said looking at his back madly. “You jerk, I hope you choke on your kimchee!!!” She said loudly pointing at him furiously. He looked back and made a face at her and walked off. She got up and cleaned herself and walked to school putting her ipod away. 

“Hey Park Sa Rang, are you going to go shopping with us after school?” Lee Min Hee, Sa Rang’s friend, asked. She sat down in her desk in class and looked at her friend with a smiled. “I can’t. Mrs. Kim said I need to go see her after school today about something.” Sa Rang said. “Oh, okay then. I guess we’ll go without you again.” Min Hee said. She smiled. “It’s okay. Next time maybe.” Sa Rang said.

            “Alright, every one get in your seats.” Their teacher, Mr. Lee, said. Everyone got in their seats and the class began.

            Jun Hyung and his friends went into their locker room after playing a game in their physical education class. They got ready to change and shower. “Hey, Lee Hye Sung, why can’t you come?” Jun Hyung asked opening up his locker. Hye Sung looked at him, “I have a date today with my girlfriend. I can’t stand her up.” He said looking through his bag. Jun Hyung and his other friends laughed. “You’re ditching us to play with your girlfriend?” they asked sitting down. “Hey, don’t get too deep into love. It’ll just end up killing you.” Another friend added. Jun Hyung chuckled. “Hey, you’re too childish.” Jun Hyung said.           

            Park Sa Rang sat in class with a straw in from the juice she’s drinking. A bun of sweet bread was on her desk with one bite taken out of it. She looked through her small notebook and wrote things in there while eating. She looked at her sweet bread and took another bite out of it with a smile. “So good.” She said closing her eyes. She munched on it and finished her sentence then closed her notebook and got up with her sweet bread and drink in hand. She walked out of class and saw her friend, Lee Soo Young, talking on the phone. She quietly sneaked up on her and listened to her conversation. Soo Young turned around breaking her smile and looked at Sa Rang who was still curiously listening. “Hey Park Sa Rang. What are you doing?” she asked. “Hey, Lee Soo Young, who are you talking to?” Sa Rang asked her. Her friend looked at her and smacked her lips. “I have to go. I’ll talk to you later. Bye.” Her friend said with a smile then hung up. She looked at Sa Rang and sighed. “It’s my boyfriend.” She said. Sa Rang gasped. “You have a boyfriend? Since when?”

            “Ever since I signed up in this chat room online. It’s such a great place.” Her friend said happily with her hands clasped together dreamily looking up in the sky. Sa Rang looked at her. “Chat room...?” she said to herself. “Yeah, you haven’t heard of it? LoveChat.com.” her friend said happily. “Oh,” Sa Rang said nodding her head. “I finally found someone who loves me. Isn’t it great? To find someone who loves you and knows you and supports you through anything?” her friend asked. “But you haven’t met each other yet, haven’t you?”

“Yeah, we just did last week.” Her friend said then sighed romantically. “He was so charming. I never wanted to escape from him.” She said squealing. “Anyway, I need to go. Bye.” She said happily then left. Sa Rang looked out into space thinking. “LoveChat.com...?” she questioned herself. “Someone who loves you... and supports you through anything... I do want that.” She said fantasizing.

“I love you.” Her ‘boyfriend’ said to her looking into her eyes sweetly. She smiled, “Really?” she asked him. “Yes, and I’ll always support you through anything you do.” He said again. She looked at him proud of herself and hugged him tightly.

“Hey, Park Sa Rang gay,” Jun Hyung said screaming in her ear. She woke up from her imagination and looked at him madly. “Hey Yong Jun Hyung you jerk.” She said annoyingly. He laughed and took her sweet bread eating it. “Thank you.” He said. She gasped. “Yah, get your own food, you bum!” She yelled at him. He ignored her and walked away. She sighed. “I hope he one day gets a disease or something.” She cursed him in her imagination and walked back to class.

After school, Jun Hyung and his friends played soccer together at the park they were talking about. “Hey, over here.” Jun Hyung yelled to his teammate. They played until the sun was almost setting.

Sa Rang didn’t get home before 7 at night. She closed the front door and went into her bedroom and her computer. She thought to herself.

“‘LoveChat.com.’” She remembered her friend, Soo Young, saying. She thought to herself again. “LoveChat.com...” she said and went on the site. She signed up and looked at the username slot. “Hmm, what should my username be?” she asked herself. She thought to herself. “HYORI...” she said typing it down in the slot.