Getting closer

Our Tough World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong-kook take a look at his watch and he feels there’s still 2 hours until lunch time for him to ask Ji-hyo do her physical training. Actually, he didn’t want to make her suffer, but he has no option. He has to do it or else she will also get the punishment from his samchon. He then stops his pace and turn around.

“Ji-hyo ah.”

Ji-hyo look up at Jong-kook. “Neh oppa?”

“You can go to your room and change into training, we will do a quick physical training, ok?”

Her face change. He can see fear from her face which makes him chuckled. “Don’t worry Ji-hyo ah, it’s only a round and it won’t take a long time since the track isn’t as long as in Paris.” Jong-kook assure Ji-hyo while comfortably put his arm on Ji-hyo’s shoulder.

Of course, she’s startled when he’s being all touchy with her, but she can’t deny that she likes it. “Neh oppa, let’s go downstairs together.” Said Ji-hyo happily. She believes him that he won’t give her a hard time intentionally. Even if he does, he did it for professional purpose.

After few minutes, Ji-hyo coming to backyard, already wearing trainings.

She just wearing trainings and she put her hair into pony tail like she always does during training session, but seeing her like this can make his heart misbehave. When she smiles at him, he broke his stares at her to somewhere else before talking at her.

“As I already said before, this track is shorter than in Paris. All you have to do is following the sign so that you won’t get lost. I managed to come back here in 10 minutes, so I guess you can come back here in 15 minutes. Can you do that?”

“Sure, I think I can do that. But oppa….. do I have to passed that forest?”

Jong-kook chuckled. “Wae? Are you scared? Isn’t the track in Paris also has forest? I thought you already used to forest track like this.”

“Ani! I’m not scared!” Ji-hyo shows her annoyed face.

“Ahahaha arasso. You can start now.”

Ji-hyo then starts running leaving Jong-kook who still chuckled seeing her back from afar.

15 minutes already passed and Jong-kook ready to greet Ji-hyo. But the one he’s waiting for didn’t appear. 15 minutes turns into 30 minutes, and later, turns an hour already. She’s still not showing up. At this time, Jong-kook starts worried. He’s 100% sure that Ji-hyo won’t spend an hour to finish this track, except…….. except if she gets lost.

With that thought, Jong-kook immediately running to jogging track. In the middle of the track, there’s an intersection and there should be a sign, but that sign wasn’t there. That’s when Jong-kook realize that Ji-hyo get lost. It supposed to take a right way, but since Ji-hyo hasn’t come back, she must take the left way.

Meanwhile Ji-hyo, she currently leaning on a big tree. She’s exhausted and in pain. She had set an alarm in her watch for 15 minutes before she run. When the alarm ringing, she expects she already near to finish line, but no, all she saw is still a deep forest, she still hasn’t seen the sign of Seung-won’s house from afar. When she sees her watch again, it’s already 30 minutes passed. Slowly, fear starts haunting her. What if she take the wrong path and….…. get lost? She quickens her pace, and starts running furiously. That’s when she tripped by a thick trunk.

She tries to walk with her limping leg, but she can’t walk too far. The pain is too much. She thinks she had sprained her ankle. She found a big tree and choose to take a rest there. Right now, she only can hope that Jong-kook might look after her. But if he didn’t come, then she should push herself to walk again until she can find the way out of this forest, but first, she wants to rest. Just for a while, she wants to close her eyes. She doesn’t know how long she’s been stuck in here, but suddenly she heard someone calling for her name from afar.

“Ji-hyo ah!!! Song Ji-hyo!!!!!” Jong-kook keep running while shouting her name. Even though his throat starts getting dry, he still and keep shouting her name.

He’s so afraid. He’s afraid something might happen to her. No, he doesn’t want anything happen to her, he can’t let it happen.

When he keeps shouting her name, finally he hears a reply from afar.

Ji-hyo excitedly shouting back, giving a reply to whoever calling for her. They keep shouting until finally she can see Jong-kook approaching her. Words can’t describe how relieve she is to see Jong-kook looking for her.

The moment Jong-kook found Ji-hyo leaning and sitting down beside a big tree, he run to her.

“Ji-hyo ah, gwenchana?” Jong-kook scanned Ji-hyo’s body from head to toe, looking worried.

“I’m okay oppa, I just sprained my ankle…”

Jong-kook take a quick look at her ankle before pulling her into his hug which makes her stunned.

“Oh God… Thank you so much… I thought I lost you.” Jong-kok tighten his hug.

Her body feels stiff for few seconds for his sudden hug, but when he said that, her body starts relax and she even lean on his body, enjoying the warmth from his body.

“Mianhae oppa for getting lost…”

“Aniya, it’s not your fault. There should be a sign at intersection but I don’t know why that sign wasn’t there.”

“So, you’re not mad at me?”

Jong-kook pull his body from her. “I mad at you? Are you crazy? I almost go crazy thinking I might lose you.” He raised his voice, but he regrets it right away. “I’m sorry…. I didn’t mean to raise my voice at you.”

Ji-hyo can see the way he’s worried for her, that’s why she let out a slight smile at him. “Thank you for worrying me, oppa.”

And now he blushing after seeing her smile. To hide his blush, he diverts his gaze to her ankle. “Erm…. How’s your ankle? Does it hurt so much?”

“Neh, it’s hurt. I tried to walk, but I can’t.”

Jong-kook examine her ankle. “Yeah, it’s quite bad.”

He suddenly turns his back and squat down. “Come, hop on my back, I will piggyback you.”

“Oppa, no need to piggyback me. You can just help me to walk…”

“I said, get on my back right now! You do know the consequences for not doing or refuse what your mentor asked, right?” He uses his privilege as a mentor.

“Arasso oppa…” Slowly, she gets on Jong-kook’s back.

Jong-kook then starts walking with Ji-hyo on his back. He feels happy having her in his arm like this. “Mianhae ji-hyo ah, I did this so that we could arrive faster. We should quickly treat you.”

“Neh oppa, I understand.”

“Anyway Ji-hyo ah, don’t tell samchon about this accident, ok?”

“Waeyo?”

“Because he might scold you for being careless.”

“But how can I hide this? I mean, I sprained my ankle, it would be hard for me to walk without limping.”

“Don’t worry, I will make you can walk normally again before he arrives later.”

“Keure? But….. how?”

“You’ll see about that later.” Jong-kook grinned.

 

Jong-kook brought Ji-hyo to her room and lay her down on the bed before leaving her to his room. A few minutes later, Jong-kook comes back to her room, holding a little box on his hand.

“What’s that?” Ji-hyo point out the box.

Jong-kook didn’t answer, he just smile at her. A meaningful and mysterious smile which makes her uneasy. He then opens the cover and taking out a syringe that makes Ji-hyo widen her eyes.

“Erm…… oppa, what’s that for?”

“Of course for you, Ji-h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter